forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

B1rd wrote:

Did Japan seriously get knocked out of the tournament? Well that's shit. I blame loctav.

I guess now I'll support whoever wins Poland vs Korea.
loser bracket, still a chance to win owc
Cyclohexane
about the hyping up players thing, we try to keep a balance going. Of course, if a player like WWW/rrtyui/HappyStick steps in, we're gonna hype it up if only because they're so well known, the viewers will recognize them very easily and they'll be hyped up as well. We do have to point out the strong players that are not as well known; people have already mentioned MathClass's outstanding overall performance, and if any of the lesser known players pull off strong plays, we'll be sure to mention them as well.

The commentary is generally awkward when there's nothing going on, I agree. There's many times where it's just radio silence, waiting for setup. You could argue that we could discuss the upcoming/ongoing match, but it's usually very quickly done and we can very quickly become obnoxious by repeating ourselves. ztrot is very good at interacting with people for padding, however I don't look at twitch chat due to my setup (laptop warriors where we at) so I can't really do that. I am going to send an invitation to ToGlette and jesus1412 to speak up a little bit more if they feel like it. Raiku has already given us a lot of insight on gameplay which I think made the commentary so much more valuable than just my/ztrot's play-by-play.
AmaiHachimitsu

Nwolf wrote:

wtf Japan is still in the tournament, did everybody suddenly forget why Losers Bracket is there?
Yesterday on Synchrostar's livestream somebody said that Poland is out of the competition because we lost to NL :^
Xytox

B1rd wrote:

Did Japan seriously get knocked out of the tournament? Well that's shit. I blame loctav.
Obviously Loctav gave Sweden an edge by not only decreasing Japan's score without anyone knowing, but also physically attacking and injuring their star player rrtyui and making him unable to participate. This was all done by the command of Zallius in order to increase the chances of the team he was rooting for to win.

I mean, Zallius WAS cheering for Sweden after all. Coincidence?
ToGlette

MathClass wrote:

pielak wrote:

MathClass pretty much fced every map she played during her match against China.

I am a MALE
What the....
I knew this from the beginning. :)
buny

Xytox wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Obviously Loctav gave Sweden an edge by not only decreasing Japan's score without anyone knowing, but also physically attacking and injuring their star player rrtyui and making him unable to participate. This was all done by the command of Zallius in order to increase the chances of the team he was rooting for to win.

how do we know it wasn't you and that you're trying to frame the germans? and the australians
conspiracy confirmed
Varetyr

makes sense, now you say it
Proxy

confirmed
Xayne

Mr Color wrote:

about the hyping up players thing, we try to keep a balance going. Of course, if a player like WWW/rrtyui/HappyStick steps in, we're gonna hype it up if only because they're so well known, the viewers will recognize them very easily and they'll be hyped up as well. We do have to point out the strong players that are not as well known; people have already mentioned MathClass's outstanding overall performance, and if any of the lesser known players pull off strong plays, we'll be sure to mention them as well.

The commentary is generally awkward when there's nothing going on, I agree. There's many times where it's just radio silence, waiting for setup. You could argue that we could discuss the upcoming/ongoing match, but it's usually very quickly done and we can very quickly become obnoxious by repeating ourselves. ztrot is very good at interacting with people for padding, however I don't look at twitch chat due to my setup (laptop warriors where we at) so I can't really do that. I am going to send an invitation to ToGlette and jesus1412 to speak up a little bit more if they feel like it. Raiku has already given us a lot of insight on gameplay which I think made the commentary so much more valuable than just my/ztrot's play-by-play.
Having done a bit of small-time casting in the past, I can say it would help if there were someone who made it a point to ask questions if it did start to feel like conversation was winding down. Whether they are simple questions that everyone would already know the answer to is irrelevant. The general rule is that ANY kind of information being given is better than silence. You could go into history in past OWC's for the respective countries, take that time to mention some of the lesser known players, etc. At times like that, repeating a topic is still a better option than just letting the cast die. There's plenty that could fill the silence, but it's a billion times easier if there's someone who's main purpose is to ask questions. It's much easier to answer on a topic than to just randomly create one. Just my two cents.
Alumetorz

Varetyr wrote:

DAMMIT GUYS, YOU FIGURED OUT
Saten

Xytox wrote:

he was gonna promise to visit IKEA and eat meatballs if Sweden won
kuur0
announcing "player of the game" or "tournament mvp" or something like that, imo would be pretty fun
Vuelo Eluko

Mr Color wrote:

I am going to send an invitation to ToGlette and jesus1412 to speak up a little bit more if they feel like it. Raiku has already given us a lot of insight on gameplay which I think made the commentary so much more valuable than just my/ztrot's play-by-play.
All I really want is more jesus casting, besides my fanboyism i really think he has a lot of relevant player perspective to give, i think he should look at the matchups beforehand and take some time to write down his thoughts prior to the broadcast on the players/map/whatever and keep it up while casting so he'd have more to say and it would just be so enriching to the viewing experience overall

That said, Xytox's donut avatars look so tasty, every time i see them i imagine how they taste and it drives me to insanity.
Melt3dCheeze
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10635177
Russia 5 : Australia 2
dududududududududududududu

p.s
Ghost Assassin was glitched due to Kert's dismissal. Note FluxVanes' colour change.
Kert
Except my score has been sumbitted alright and all
http://puu.sh/d0Mu2/f438a78249.png
buny

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10635177
Russia 5 : Australia 2
dududududududududududududu

p.s
Ghost Assassin was glitched due to Kert's dismissal. Note FluxVanes' colour change.
rip aus

coz i wasnt allowed to play for them
Melt3dCheeze

buny wrote:

coz i wasnt allowed to play for them
Hey, we got 8 people denied to play OWC, wasn't really nice tbh lmao.
Melt3dCheeze

Kert wrote:

Except my score has been sumbitted alright and all
http://puu.sh/d0Mu2/f438a78249.png
Are you allowed to say it publically the reason p3n gave you?
Kert

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Are you allowed to say it publically the reason p3n gave you?
He hasn't responded yet, so I have no idea
plaatinum
Just a little update with the teams left in the tournament after the loser's bracket first round

Americas: 1 2
Europe: 7 9
Asia: 4
Oceania: 1
Omgforz

Plaatinum wrote:

Just a little update with the teams left in the tournament after the loser's bracket first round

Americas: 1 2
Europe: 7 9
Asia: 4
Oceania: 1
rip europe, more will follow soon hahaha
Onii-chan
Hey, what were the scores today? Not sure where to check, wiki doesn't say.
Andrea
Results
Russia 5-2 Australia
Taiwan 5-2 United Kingdom
France 1-5 China
Argentina 0-5 Japan

There you go.
- Marco -
Argentina #rekt lel
Mikelicious
rip
uee
I'm not surprised that the three Asia teams went through, I was surprised they were in the losers bracket anyway.
rip uk
Pangus
i recorded taiwan vs uk but wasnt awake to record japan :(
buny

Peter-San wrote:

aren't they getting automatically recorded
Pangus

buny wrote:

Peter-San wrote:

aren't they getting automatically recorded
i dont know, i just wanted to have my own rec/vids on my pc with the twitch chat and everything
xJianL520x
what is the result of yesterday matches??
Synchrostar

xJianL520x wrote:

what is the result of yesterday matches??

Andrea wrote:

Results
Russia 5-2 Australia
Taiwan 5-2 United Kingdom
France 1-5 China
Argentina 0-5 Japan

There you go.
are you even trying
Vuelo Eluko
talala was monstrous vs australia, if everyone else on russia starts playing more like him they will get 1st place
also does my memory just suck or cr1m wasnt playing, is he DQ or just isnt showing up til semi/finals?...
Melt3dCheeze

Riince wrote:

talala was monstrous vs australia, if everyone else on russia starts playing more like him they will get 1st place
also does my memory just suck or cr1m wasnt playing, is he DQ or just isnt showing up til semi/finals?...
Studying apparently.
buny

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Riince wrote:

Studying apparently.
studying the weakness of every other country
Totoki

Riince wrote:

well it's at quarterfinals and after when the higher ranked players starts to shine ;)
AmaiHachimitsu
uee
Stream's fucked, again.
I thought you were fixing this peppy?
Xayne

Minifrij wrote:

Stream's fucked, again.
I thought you were fixing this peppy?
He's fixing the fake breaks. A lagging twitch stream is a different issue entirely. Put the pitchfork down.
Synchrostar
jesus christ i was so nervous holy shit
tiebreaker was fun though
[-Cloud-]

silmarilen wrote:

Makan1 wrote:

I wonder if an Austria V Germany match is possible
only in the loser bracket because nl is going to wreck germany
I just wanted to quote this.
show more