Total Posts
show more
Jetzu

cptnXn wrote:

here2pown wrote:

WWW carry

poland ftw
can this please stop it is so annoying

www fcing with nomod, farto fcing with hr on freemod, who gets hyped by chat AND commentators? www of course.
3 people on polish team have same acc, commentators: "look at this amazing acc from www"

i basically have to mute the stream when poland is playing because it is SO annoying.
yes he is a good player and shit but this is just going too far and disrespecting all the other players too much.
That's something that every team with one stand-out player has to deal with.

I know it's not right and especially for the game against France all the players deserved more credit than they got, but it is like it is, when you play fans are also focused on you because you're "the guy who FCd Freedom Dive".

WW is very known player and you could say he's osu! celebrity. When you watch Portugal play football commentators also treat it like it's Cristiano Ronaldo & friends. Hell, same with Poland and Lewandowski. You may see headlines after the game "Portugal won 3:0, Ronaldo didn't score" just because he's this fameous.

Like I said, I agree that especially commentators should pay more attention to other playes, but casual fan knows 3 polish players - WW, Rafis and Niko (maybe also Adamqs as "that cheater who gets unbanned after 1 day") and it's really pointless for anyone to get mad at them for only noticing WW when Poland is playing. Let them just be, you won't convince them that Fartownik, Amai, Sterrum and Wilchq had just as big if sometimes not bigger role in Poland winning.
cptnXn
its annoying me with myself aswell, yeah its kind of to be expected but i just stated my opinion there. I hate it because others deserve way more attention, for example first time OWC players who consistently play good are just not even mentioned once, thats pretty sad

edit: and if someone can change that atleast a bit it would be the commentators, thats what im hoping for
the chat will always be www fangirls all the way
pielak213
I haven't watched any of Poland's matches but I can definitely say the commentators weren't only focusing on the star players in the matches I've watched. They didn't orgasm over happystick, sapphireghost or dragonhuman. I would say they're focusing a lot on unpopular people in fact because I would not have noticed MathClass pretty much fced every map she played during her match against China. I would say the commentators are doing a good job at not focusing on the superstar players. They do sound very awkward though.

I really hope peppy stays true to his word and next week we can watch the matches without any fake combo breaks. Surprised he didn't fix it last year.
buny

pielak wrote:

I haven't watched any of Poland's matches but I can definitely say the commentators weren't only focusing on the star players in the matches I've watched. They didn't orgasm over happystick, sapphireghost or dragonhuman. I would say they're focusing a lot on unpopular people in fact because I would not have noticed MathClass pretty much fced every map she played during her match against China. I would say the commentators are doing a good job at not focusing on the superstar players. They do sound very awkward though.

I really hope peppy stays true to his word and next week we can watch the matches without any fake combo breaks. Surprised he didn't fix it last year.
i haven't really seen too much hype for star players either, other than the occasional comment on how well they're doing on the song which pretty much all players playing in the current map gets

I think on free mod picks, the commentators should focus more on the players that have the mods on rather than the no mods because the mods turned on is what makes the match interesting. In fact, I hope that free mods bracket turns into more of a mirror mod next year, minus flashlight (has anyone actually picked fl?...)
silmarilen
the whole nl team picked hd fl on a warmup map, but that doesnt really count dat 400 combo from synchro tho
Alumetorz
fartownik

cptnXn wrote:

here2pown wrote:

WWW carry

poland ftw
can this please stop it is so annoying

www fcing with nomod, farto fcing with hr on freemod, who gets hyped by chat AND commentators? www of course.
3 people on polish team have same acc, commentators: "look at this amazing acc from www"

i basically have to mute the stream when poland is playing because it is SO annoying.
yes he is a good player and shit but this is just going too far and disrespecting all the other players too much.
I really want to make a compilation video with the best ones 8)
Gigo

pielak wrote:

... MathClass pretty much fced every map she played during her match against China.
Wow, really? I had no idea. :o Very cool!
zyvik
!Warning - this post can contain engrish! You have been warned.
I'd like to talk about 2 things:

1. Situation with Twitch chat.
It is just my oppinion, but this chat is hype chat and you cant change it no matter how much you try. OWC stream has about 3k viewers. Lets say that only about 15% of those ppl actually type in chat (wchitch is +- 450). You just suimply can not have discussion (of any kind) with so many participants, because the voice of 1 man sinks in screaming of the others.
Twitch chat is very similar to fans on stadium - they scream (caps on), they sing simple songs (dududududududdu), they cheer for their favourite players and they very easly get hyped.
So I don't see why you should not let them do those things.
If some one doesn't like crowds on stadium he just watches match in TV at his house, where he can enjoy game and comments of casters more than he could at stadium. Same thing should be with Twitch - if you dont like it's chat just hide it (there is button for that), or watch on full screen, and let others get hyped.
And if you wish to have "discussion" about match just use #OWC in game.

I dont say that this chat should be let on its own - there still should be timeouts for ppl spaming pastas (etc.) not related to match, or OSU! in general.

2. Lets call it "WWW Case". I watched PL vs FR game and I think that some of you just overreact. Yes, WWW is very often praised for his perfromance, but it is not like the other playes don't get credit... For me it looked like this: "WWW still with double S", 2-3 sec later "AmaiHachimitsu and NerO have perfect score as well".
I understand that for some players this can be annoying and they can recive this as "kind of staying in shadow of WWW", but as Jetzu said - he is something like celebrity of OSU and you just have to face it. (Or maby build your own picture, and become "celebrity" as well ;) )

BTW. There is big improvement in casters job compared to last year, so I dont see reasons to complaining about this. Keep on good work.

Just free Twitch chat
-Ryuujii-

zyvik wrote:

!Warning - this post can contain engrish! You have been warned.
I'd like to talk about 2 things:

1. Situation with Twitch chat.
It is just my oppinion, but this chat is hype chat and you cant change it no matter how much you try. OWC stream has about 3k viewers. Lets say that only about 15% of those ppl actually type in chat (wchitch is +- 450). You just suimply can not have discussion (of any kind) with so many participants, because the voice of 1 man sinks in screaming of the others.
Twitch chat is very similar to fans on stadium - they scream (caps on), they sing simple songs (dududududududdu), they cheer for their favourite players and they very easly get hyped.
So I don't see why you should not let them do those things.
If some one doesn't like crowds on stadium he just watches match in TV at his house, where he can enjoy game and comments of casters more than he could at stadium. Same thing should be with Twitch - if you dont like it's chat just hide it (there is button for that), or watch on full screen, and let others get hyped.
And if you wish to have "discussion" about match just use #OWC in game.

I dont say that this chat should be let on its own - there still should be timeouts for ppl spaming pastas (etc.) not related to match, or OSU! in general.

2. Lets call it "WWW Case". I watched PL vs FR game and I think that some of you just overreact. Yes, WWW is very often praised for his perfromance, but it is not like the other playes don't get credit... For me it looked like this: "WWW still with double S", 2-3 sec later "AmaiHachimitsu and NerO have perfect score as well".
I understand that for some players this can be annoying and they can recive this as "kind of staying in shadow of WWW", but as Jetzu said - he is something like celebrity of OSU and you just have to face it. (Or maby build your own picture, and become "celebrity" as well ;) )

BTW. There is big improvement in casters job compared to last year, so I dont see reasons to complaining about this. Keep on good work.

Just free Twitch chat
nope. And yes casters are doing an amazing job! and also Mods <3
Warpyc

peppy wrote:

The stream is already buffered. The "fake misses" are being actively worked on, and should be fixed by next weekend. It's more complex than you may think. That said, "fake misses" are already at the point where they recover within 1 second. The audio desync was due to some experimental code that was tested this weekend which performed poorly. I didn't have much control over that and was not present when it was deployed, else I would not have allowed it.

But that Japan vs Sweden match, right? Am I the only one that found it entertaining?
You are not alone that match was amazing i was sure Sweden would loose, maybe eu country can win this year we'll see. #GoSweden :D
Alumetorz
So we are facing Ukraine this sunday

Xytox
The bad manner is already starting.
Synchrostar
xytox pls this isnt trashtalk thread, we are trying to have a civil, proper discussion over here

Wishy
Sweden beat Japan? LOL
miComet

pielak wrote:

MathClass pretty much fced every map she played during her match against China.

I am a MALE
What the....
Rewben2

MathClass wrote:

pielak wrote:

I am a MALE
What the....
well...
Omgforz

Rewben2 wrote:

MathClass wrote:

I am a MALE
What the....
well...
....shit.
Athrun
Oh daemn son.
Bauxe

MathClass wrote:

pielak wrote:

I am a MALE
What the....
Liar liar.
Makan1

MathClass wrote:

pielak wrote:

I am a MALE
What the....
._.
silmarilen
everybody on the internet is female until proven otherwise
buny

silmarilen wrote:

everybody on the internet is female until proven otherwise
hey gals lol guy gamer hereee xD

also let's not drift away from the actual topic, i hope the queen crashes an burns
jesse1412

MathClass wrote:

pielak wrote:

I am a MALE
What the....
I do believe we have another mermaid magic girl on our hands.
Morurc
There's only one way to prove it, MathClass...
Vuelo Eluko
what the Fark
B1rd
Did Japan seriously get knocked out of the tournament? Well that's shit. I blame loctav.

I guess now I'll support whoever wins Poland vs Korea.
Nwolf
wtf Japan is still in the tournament, did everybody suddenly forget why Losers Bracket is there?
buny

B1rd wrote:

Did Japan seriously get knocked out of the tournament? Well that's shit. I blame loctav.

I guess now I'll support whoever wins Poland vs Korea.
loser bracket, still a chance to win owc
Cyclohexane
about the hyping up players thing, we try to keep a balance going. Of course, if a player like WWW/rrtyui/HappyStick steps in, we're gonna hype it up if only because they're so well known, the viewers will recognize them very easily and they'll be hyped up as well. We do have to point out the strong players that are not as well known; people have already mentioned MathClass's outstanding overall performance, and if any of the lesser known players pull off strong plays, we'll be sure to mention them as well.

The commentary is generally awkward when there's nothing going on, I agree. There's many times where it's just radio silence, waiting for setup. You could argue that we could discuss the upcoming/ongoing match, but it's usually very quickly done and we can very quickly become obnoxious by repeating ourselves. ztrot is very good at interacting with people for padding, however I don't look at twitch chat due to my setup (laptop warriors where we at) so I can't really do that. I am going to send an invitation to ToGlette and jesus1412 to speak up a little bit more if they feel like it. Raiku has already given us a lot of insight on gameplay which I think made the commentary so much more valuable than just my/ztrot's play-by-play.
AmaiHachimitsu

Nwolf wrote:

wtf Japan is still in the tournament, did everybody suddenly forget why Losers Bracket is there?
Yesterday on Synchrostar's livestream somebody said that Poland is out of the competition because we lost to NL :^
Xytox

B1rd wrote:

Obviously Loctav gave Sweden an edge by not only decreasing Japan's score without anyone knowing, but also physically attacking and injuring their star player rrtyui and making him unable to participate. This was all done by the command of Zallius in order to increase the chances of the team he was rooting for to win.

I mean, Zallius WAS cheering for Sweden after all. Coincidence?
ToGlette

MathClass wrote:

pielak wrote:

I am a MALE
What the....
I knew this from the beginning. :)
buny

Xytox wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Obviously Loctav gave Sweden an edge by not only decreasing Japan's score without anyone knowing, but also physically attacking and injuring their star player rrtyui and making him unable to participate. This was all done by the command of Zallius in order to increase the chances of the team he was rooting for to win.

how do we know it wasn't you and that you're trying to frame the germans? and the australians
conspiracy confirmed
Varetyr

makes sense, now you say it
Proxy

confirmed
Xayne

Mr Color wrote:

about the hyping up players thing, we try to keep a balance going. Of course, if a player like WWW/rrtyui/HappyStick steps in, we're gonna hype it up if only because they're so well known, the viewers will recognize them very easily and they'll be hyped up as well. We do have to point out the strong players that are not as well known; people have already mentioned MathClass's outstanding overall performance, and if any of the lesser known players pull off strong plays, we'll be sure to mention them as well.

The commentary is generally awkward when there's nothing going on, I agree. There's many times where it's just radio silence, waiting for setup. You could argue that we could discuss the upcoming/ongoing match, but it's usually very quickly done and we can very quickly become obnoxious by repeating ourselves. ztrot is very good at interacting with people for padding, however I don't look at twitch chat due to my setup (laptop warriors where we at) so I can't really do that. I am going to send an invitation to ToGlette and jesus1412 to speak up a little bit more if they feel like it. Raiku has already given us a lot of insight on gameplay which I think made the commentary so much more valuable than just my/ztrot's play-by-play.
Having done a bit of small-time casting in the past, I can say it would help if there were someone who made it a point to ask questions if it did start to feel like conversation was winding down. Whether they are simple questions that everyone would already know the answer to is irrelevant. The general rule is that ANY kind of information being given is better than silence. You could go into history in past OWC's for the respective countries, take that time to mention some of the lesser known players, etc. At times like that, repeating a topic is still a better option than just letting the cast die. There's plenty that could fill the silence, but it's a billion times easier if there's someone who's main purpose is to ask questions. It's much easier to answer on a topic than to just randomly create one. Just my two cents.
Alumetorz

Varetyr wrote:

DAMMIT GUYS, YOU FIGURED OUT
Saten

Xytox wrote:

he was gonna promise to visit IKEA and eat meatballs if Sweden won
kuur0
announcing "player of the game" or "tournament mvp" or something like that, imo would be pretty fun
show more