forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xantaria
srsly tho .. DDOSing ... to destroy a competition that way is just the worst experience for everybody participating and watching.
Yauxo

benny10033 wrote:

Just a quick question: Why not put team coop. in game mode?
Well, why would they?
Setsuen

Zantaria wrote:

srsly tho .. DDOSing ... to destroy a competition that way is just the worst experience for everybody participating and watching.
Just what happened while I was out of my house @.@
Andrea
Was a nice match against Korea as well, great experience from it.

We had really hard teams against but I'm proud of my team and the performance that we did, we demonstrated to be pretty good players.

Though yeah, every year we suffer so badly to make it out of the group stage! xD

OWC 2013: Italy vs New Zealand 4-0 | Latvia vs Italy 4-3 | United States vs Italy 4-3

OWC 2014: Italy vs Portugal 4-0 | Germany vs Italy 4-3 | South Korea vs Italy 4-2
Xantaria

Setsuen wrote:

Just what happened while I was out of my house @.@
It seemed like multiple russian players got DDOS'd when they were 3/0 in the lead
Nwolf
Wow Netherlands GG
silmarilen
netherlands 4-2 poland
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10353347

that was a bit unexpected, but yay!
Gangsterkill

silmarilen wrote:

netherlands 4-2 poland

You guys deserved it 8-)
rEdo
What happened on Towa yori Towa ni that it was a 4v3?

Well played, nevertheless.
fartownik

rEdo wrote:

Astar's internet GG
KRZY
Mixed feelings for this group stage.

Really proud of how the first-timers in the team performed, especially MathClass. K i R i K a R u has officially been promoted to the driver's seat of the bus that is the Korean team, and it's both impressive and happy to see a player who's been around forever finally making a name for himself as one of the best players in the world at the biggest stage of the game.

A bit disappointed with my own performance, for me it is fair to say I single-handedly threw away the Germany game with the miss on Bonfire and then the Terekakushi pick. Should have thought better. Overall I missed too many times on no-mod maps than I would have liked, but improvements will be made.

Had forgotten how fun this tournament is. Loving it at the moment.
Vuelo Eluko
USA pls stop winning
Synchrostar

silmarilen wrote:

netherlands 4-2 poland

yay

never picking hdhr again
Cyclohexane
17 solid hours of commentary later, I am left broken and voiceless

Can't wait to do that again next week!
Chaoslitz
Good game :>
Kazutakee
I lost it for Denmark at the last match.. u_u
plaatinum
Welp, I guess that's all for us this year. Pretty impressed that we were at least able to upgrade from being swept 0-4 to every team last year to at least giving Finland a run for their money this year. Hopefully we can come back next year and perform better than we did this year.
El Koko
Well, that was it for Mexico.

We did well. We gave the best we could under the circumstances. Being our first world cup, the pressure from much better teams on us, our team being generally weak (the weakest in the entire tournament?) and for each of us individually under the pressure of carrying the entire weight of the team on us (well, at least for me, I felt that way) we couldn't expect much more, but I think we still did a good performance. We could have done much better, but we didn't. That's just how things are.

At least I'm happy for playing in the tournament, it was fun, it was a nice experiencie and we're going to come back next year with a much better team. We're going to work hard on that.

Thanks everyone for the games and good luck to every team on your future matches.
cptnXn

KRZY wrote:

Really proud of how the first-timers in the team performed, especially MathClass. K i R i K a R u has officially been promoted to the driver's seat of the bus that is the Korean team, and it's both impressive and happy to see a player who's been around forever finally making a name for himself as one of the best players in the world at the biggest stage of the game.

A bit disappointed with my own performance, for me it is fair to say I single-handedly threw away the Germany game with the miss on Bonfire and then the Terekakushi pick. Should have thought better. Overall I missed too many times on no-mod maps than I would have liked, but improvements will be made.

our match was simply amazing. Huge props to MathClass he performed really really well! I didn't think we can come back but oh well that freemod pick / your hdhr was really playing into our hands
Lunah
I just wonder how Korea was "high seed" and Germany "top seed" and our team was marked as "low seed" while Portugal was a "medium seed", I would like know what's the "top seed" on groups like Group C, Group B and Group E.. lmao

well, nothing else to say, I am happy of our performance, we almost won against Germany and played really well, I hope a better organization for the next owc.

Next year I would suggest to use some experienced players to make groups properly.
cptnXn

lesslunatic wrote:

I just wonder how Korea was "high seed" and Germany "top seed" and our team was marked as "low seed" while Portugal was a "medium seed", I would like know what's the "top seed" on groups like Group C, Group B and Group E.. lmao

well, nothing else to say, I am happy of our performance, we almost won against Germany and played really well, I hope a better organization for the next owc.

Next year I would suggest to use some experienced players to make groups properly.
i'll have to agree on this one. Italy could've easily won against other top seed teams with their performance and certainly didn't deserve 2nd lowest seed, same for Korea and high seed. This was one tough group man, other groups were nothing compared to this, everyone played SO well!
Deimos
Austria was last year low-seeded and got the 1st place in their group. Can't remember if they were also complaining about being wrong seeded.
Andrea

cptnXn wrote:

lesslunatic wrote:

i'll have to agree on this one. Italy could've easily won against other top seed teams with their performance and certainly didn't deserve 2nd lowest seed, same for Korea and high seed. This was one tough group man, other groups were nothing compared to this
Also completely agree with everything that was said here, we got an awesome experience from these matches at least, and it was damn awesome and competitive to play against you guys. :)
xasuma
Being on the other end of the straw(spectator on twitch) I would like to inquire for someone to attempt and fix fake misses. I know it is "client lag", but there is got to be something someone can do about it.
This one thing is for me at least the most annoying one when watching owc. Hopefully for the next weekends coming, but if it's not possible that quickly, at least for next year. ty
Marcin

Mr Color wrote:

17 solid hours of commentary later, I am left broken and voiceless

Can't wait to do that again next week!
17 solid hours of streaming later

I'm hearing voices in my head

seeing circles all around the room

my head hurts

voice of ephemeral telling me "MARSEEEN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU BROKE IT AGAIN"

I can't sleep, I'm deprived.

One circle is falling on me, it's trying to crush me!

---dead---

Is it reality, or just fantasy?
Nwolf
You're caught in a landslide with no escape from reality, nothing to worry about
Xytox

Well then... I hoped for a little bit more luck than that.
Xayne

xasuma wrote:

Being on the other end of the straw(spectator on twitch) I would like to inquire for someone to attempt and fix fake misses. I know it is "client lag", but there is got to be something someone can do about it.
This one thing is for me at least the most annoying one when watching owc. Hopefully for the next weekends coming, but if it's not possible that quickly, at least for next year. ty
I think this would be easily remedied by adding a bit of a delay on spectating matches. Add a 5-10 second delay to give time for the playback to buffer properly. It really is a shame to see a game that I think would have a lot of success as a spectator e-sport suffer from bad presentation.
Xho

fartownik wrote:

rEdo wrote:

Astar's internet GG
I can't sympathize for him though:
Shiro
France vs Poland the revenge
fartownik

Xhomas wrote:

I can't sympathize for him though:
I don't find it particularly disturbing but w/e. If you watched (for example) some Counter-Strike matches you'd see that the players usually tease their opponents in the exact same way. Not like it's not retarded to do that, but it shouldn't be overreacted by banning the player from the entire tournament.
Topic Starter
Loctav
It's not like he wasn't silenced, didn't vandalize the wiki and was on probation, tho
fartownik
Btw, I CAN'T BELIEVE the bracket might AGAIN be almost the same as last year (for us). If we win against France, we have a chance to play against China. If we win against China, we have a chance to play against Japan. It'd be so crazy if it all happened the same.
Garpo
Did they forget to put Taiwan on the bracket? or is Ukraine getting a freebie
fartownik

Loctav wrote:

It's not like he wasn't silenced, didn't vandalize the wiki and was on probation, tho
But he had amnesty from that, and I believe doing what he did against NL wasn't enough to ban him entirely from the tournament, no matter how stupid it was.
manjumochi
It just me or Germany gets the easier path to finals...
South Korea again gets bad luck and will play finals to the end if they advance.
Garpo

manjumochi wrote:

It just me or Germany gets the easier path to finals...
Netherlands, Austria, UK and Taiwan can all put up a good fight against Germany.
Athrun

KRZY wrote:

You guys still did pretty well. And in that match you wrote, "Onodera is love"
tryaway
China vs South Korea damn.
Have to get up early to watch that one.
Luckily the loser of that match isn't eliminated instantly.
Glazbom

No SnowWhite, no rucker, no Taiwan
show more