forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Although I know it concerns only color x ztrot duo, I'm saying this to all the commentators

We all are aware how important a player WWW is, but I can definitely see how he is sometimes depicted as god without a good reason.

- Freemod Pick, WWW hasn't played the maps so he sticks with nomod while me and farto and SterruM pick HardRock. Who gets the standing ovation? "Great score by WWW with only 1x 100s and good job farto blah blah for getting a Full Combo"

- DT pick, we arrive at the first break (about half of the map). Farto and WWW still got SS. What's the comment? "OH MY GOD WWW still with SS" Farto apparently was invisible.

Well, it's not that we demand more praise, it's simply that the comments like the ones above imply that we're fucking carried by the mighty WWW each map and it makes the rest of the team look unneeded, extra, dummies etc.
yep. The backriding is annoying in any commentated stream
Andrea
I'm so proud of my team, really.

Nice match with Portugal, friendly and nice people to play with! ^^

Same goes to Germany, was an awesome match to play too! >w<
Nwolf
AmaiHachimitsu

Nwolf wrote:

It was "week" earlier IIRC
Arnold0
I wonder why it seams many pro players have bad connexions. Many fake combo drops, players making the stream laggy or desynched, and even disconnections.
Also why the stream is only @ 2000kbps and without quality options ? ;-o
Xayne
Does Bancho have some kind of ddos detection system in place? I know it's kind of hard to pinpoint in a tournament this large over the internet, but I have a hard time believing that all of a sudden these players have insane connection issues to a game that doesn't require much of one. It's bad to think about, but at the same time you'd have to be pretty naive to think there isn't at least a little bit of that going on across the entire tournament.
Heterozygous_old
A quick reminder to those commentators:

Keep an eye on the discussion board, and make sure you'll do what ztrot has been doing before he left.
I don't want to see anymore examples of the map link updated after the game went for two rounds after warm-up. This is ridiculous.
KRZY

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

As you can see, not many upsets took place, but only today many of them were very close to happen. This just confirms our worries about the mappool. Germany and Austria clinched their wins in tiebreaker.
No, it means that said countries were underpracticed or just not as good as they are seen to be. Problem is on them, not on the mappool.
Aka
i am a girl, please dont call me HE next time thanks >_<
Topic Starter
Loctav
We are experiencing some.. interferences by pissed people while we stream and play. That's why you all shall do not open skype, teamspeak, steam or any other 3rd party program that exposes your IP to others in order to avoid getting targetted. Our commentators were also affected, so apologizes for this.

Keep in mind that it is your very own responsibility to keep yourself secure, because we can not help you, if you make yourself a beloved target for scumbags trying to ruin your tournament experience. Don't forget that.

Moreover, pools and schedules were ALWAYS released on Sunday evening or directly after the last match of groupstage took place. It was never different. And as long as the time span is equal for everyone to practise, it's still fair.

Players getting kicked and dropping is the player's fault. Most are having Skype open in background and they target the users directly. The servers are running perfectly fine.
KRZY
Time to blame Azer ;)
Sadolution

Loctav wrote:

Players getting kicked and dropping is the player's fault. Most are having Skype open in background and they target the users directly. The servers are running perfectly fine.
is that why everyone got disconeccted from bancho earlier? (a lot of ppl were mentioning it in streachat aswell. oh and yes i know participants using a different "server")
score submission went down for a few aswell. hmmmm...
Gigo
What's the reason for the fake combo drops that can be seen on stream? Is it the client's fault and if it is, can it be fixed?
Xytox
But closing down Skype won't help much if the attacker has already acquired the ip, will it?

It's worrying to say the least, and really sad at that as well. Like holy shit. I refuse to believe that Norway would disconnect that much against us. I could bet thousands of dollars that they wouldn't if it was a regular match in multiplayer. Still, that's what happened, and they were not the only ones. Some of my teammates dropped as well. One got kicked from the server entirely even.

And then when our match is done, the next matches gets streamed and not a single problem in sight.

Like I'm so confused. Who the actual fuck would be interested in DDoS'ing Norway or Sweden out of all countries?
PsychoJake
Osu! World Cup 2014 - Saturday results

New Zealand 1 - 4 Philippines
Lithuania 2 - 4 Taiwan
Indonesia 1 - 4 Australia
Malaysia 1 - 4 China
Hong Kong 0 - 4 Netherlands
Singapore 4 - 3 Finland
Denmark 1 - 4 Russia
Portugal 0 - 4 South Korea
Argentina 4 - 3 Philippines
Hong Kong 0 - 4 Poland
Denmark 1 - 4 Malaysia
Russia 1 - 4 China
Portugal 0 - 4 Italy
Finland 1 - 4 UK
Lithuania 0 - 4 Norway
Canada 0 - 4 Poland
Chile 1 - 4 France
Canada 2 - 4 Netherlands
Ukraine 4 - 2 Brazil
Finland 0 - 4 USA
Argentina 4 - 3 Austria
Mexico 0 - 4 Brazil
Norway 1 - 4 Sweden
Italy 3 - 4 Germany
New Zealand 0 - 4 Argentina
UK 2 - 4 USA
Chile 2 - 4 Australia
Mexico 0 - 4 Japan
buny

Xytox wrote:

But closing down Skype won't help much if the attacker has already acquired the ip, will it?

It's worrying to say the least, and really sad at that as well. Like holy shit. I refuse to believe that Norway would disconnect that much against us. I could bet thousands of dollars that they wouldn't if it was a regular match in multiplayer. Still, that's what happened, and they were not the only ones. Some of my teammates dropped as well. One got kicked from the server entirely even.

And then when our match is done, the next matches gets streamed and not a single problem in sight.

Like I'm so confused. Who the actual fuck would be interested in DDoS'ing Norway or Sweden out of all countries?
people that hate swedes maybe?
or just to cause controversy in general

I'm curious if that skype group got much practical use out of it either

US>UK
mighty murrica 2stronk for queen gg piekaoru and gunther
Enhu

PsychoJake wrote:

Lithuania 2 - 4 Taiwan
Malaysia 1 - 4 China
Singapore 4 - 3 Finland
Denmark 1 - 4 Russia
Hong Kong 0 - 4 Poland
Denmark 1 - 4 Malaysia
Russia 1 - 4 China
Portugal 0 - 4 Italy
Finland 1 - 4 UK
Lithuania 0 - 4 Norway
Canada 0 - 4 Poland
Chile 1 - 4 France
Canada 2 - 4 Netherlands
Ukraine 4 - 2 Brazil
Finland 0 - 4 USA
Argentina 4 - 3 Austria
Mexico 0 - 4 Brazil
Norway 1 - 4 Sweden
Italy 3 - 4 Germany
UK 2 - 4 USA
Chile 2 - 4 Australia
Mexico 0 - 4 Japan
Thank you but, we lost against Austria lol
Raiku
first day was a good success if you look at it as a whole!

good job to all who participated, im proud of the uk for being able to steal some points off USA and retain some dignity :D
Pizzicato

Enhu wrote:

Thank you but, we lost against Austria lol
oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Bauxe

buny wrote:

people that hate swedes maybe?
or just to cause controversy in general

I'm curious if that skype group got much practical use out of it either

US>UK
mighty murrica 2stronk for queen gg piekaoru and gunther

This seems to stop skype resolvers at the very least. Probably still possible for contacts to get the IP, in which case using a proxy is always an option.
Melt3dCheeze
If you're promoting us to not use skype, can you atleast make an ingame chatrooms like #red and #blue? Skype and other third party programs are good for team communication, but ingame would be nice.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

If you're promoting us to not use skype, can you atleast make an ingame chatrooms like #red and #blue? Skype and other third party programs are good for team communication, but ingame would be nice.

Smoo will work on it. Meanwhile, use the language chats or #ctb or #taiko. They yet exist on the OWC bancho and are empty.
B1rd
I am hoping for Japan to win this OWC. previously it was Taiwan but then they lost Hvick and Rucker.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Lance
neonat

PsychoJake wrote:

Lithuania 2 - 4 Taiwan
Malaysia 1 - 4 China
Singapore 4 - 3 Finland
Denmark 1 - 4 Russia
Hong Kong 0 - 4 Poland
Denmark 1 - 4 Malaysia
Russia 1 - 4 China
Portugal 0 - 4 Italy
Finland 1 - 4 UK
Lithuania 0 - 4 Norway
Canada 0 - 4 Poland
Chile 1 - 4 France
Canada 2 - 4 Netherlands
Ukraine 4 - 2 Brazil
Finland 0 - 4 USA
Argentina 4 - 3 Austria
Mexico 0 - 4 Brazil
Norway 1 - 4 Sweden
Italy 3 - 4 Germany
UK 2 - 4 USA
Chile 2 - 4 Australia
Mexico 0 - 4 Japan
Singapore lost 3 to 4 :\
Xayne
When was the last time a team won two 3v4's against two different teams on the same day? I don't ever remember that happening before. Very impressive.
Gumpy

Xytox wrote:

I refuse to believe that with the kind of internet Norway/Sweden has would suddenly drop.
Oinari-sama
Austria 4:0 New Zealand https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10348353
Taiwan 4:1 Norway https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10348348
France 4:2 Indonesia https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/10348356
sellyme
That second map in South Korea v Germany...

Well, time to wrap it up. Can't get better than that. So crazy to watch.
B1rd
Dustice seems to be feeling the pressure.
Xayne
Still blows my mind how they didn't consider South Korea a top seed.
Nwolf
Xayne
DEM GERMANS DOE
Astar
Why not make some sorf of a spec buffer, I wouldn't mind a little delay for no lag stream experience.
Athrun
rip korea. first loss in 3 years.
Noobsicle
that was a big comeback by germany, wp!

australia #1!!
Deimos
Italy vs. Germany: 3-1 -> 3-4
South Korea vs. Germany: 3-1 -> 3-4

The best things come in threes. Portugal vs. Germany: 3-1 -> 3-4

The new wonder of "3-1"
buny
would be nice if the first 50 matches weren't the same map tbh

just a suggestion in case the map selectors want to put in the extra effort to make the first couple days less repetitive

In #2 we had a different map pool for each match in group stages
Athrun

buny wrote:

would be nice if the first 50 matches weren't the same map tbh

just a suggestion in case the map selectors want to put in the extra effort to make the first couple days less repetitive

In #2 we had a different map pool for each match in group stages
I concur. Just getting too repetitive
show more