forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
mayank0

Albertol wrote:

Ok. Good luuck Asia and Europe. It's your OWC.
atl apply, its not set in stone that you wont be accepted.
buny
Are there going to be any VODs this year? And are they going to be uploaded onto another streaming site i.e. youtube?
Omgforz

buny wrote:

Are there going to be any VODs this year? And are they going to be uploaded onto another streaming site i.e. youtube?
I think it's going to be the same as last year, but having these vods on youtube would really help out, as the old vods in twitch from the last owc got deleted because of the time limit.

I'm all for having them on youtube.
Topic Starter
Loctav
We have them all locally stored (the past ones and in future also the new ones) and will see if we can upload it somewhere.
CXu

Loctav wrote:

We have them all locally stored (the past ones and in future also the new ones) and will see if we can upload it somewhere.
Does that mean I can still e-peen from owc 2012? Yay.
Topic Starter
Loctav
only the ones streamed on osulive, sorry xD
Novalogic
Maybe we'll get a messiah syndrome again this year, and see rrtyui solo carry Japan to the title like Cookiezi did for Korea in his time :D

Niko where are you ~~
plaatinum
Singapore roster fully confirmed! Hopefully we do better than a 1 map win last year~
CXu

Loctav wrote:

only the ones streamed on osulive, sorry xD
aww damn :(
Lytessill
Hope no one hates me for bringing this up but I have seen it a lot in this thread. Some people dislike that its not first come first serve for registration and some do. So I have an idea. could we do somthing like top 15 teams are gaurenteed an position in next years OWC and the rest will be chosen by first come first serve? That way it would be open for "underdogs" to come in and impress?
Just giving an idea for next year.
Gigo
I remember having this discussion last year too. "Oh, well how about the top X teams get guaranteed a spot in the next year's OWC and the others will be handled on a first-come-first-serve basis". And here we are again this year, discussing the same stuff. Ahh, the good old days...

Seriously though, at least the top 4 teams should be guaranteed a participation in the next OWC. It's more than fair. Because... yeah, top 15 is a bit too much.
Lytessill
The only issue I could think of would be if a country was gaurenteed a spot and their entire team switch the year after.
Mismagius
Brazil may have issues to participate (dunno if it's been already said on the thread, too lazy to read) because of an annual exam for high school students that will happen exactly on the same day as the OWC group stage games. I hope we get this solved asap tho
plaatinum

Blue Dragon wrote:

Brazil may have issues to participate (dunno if it's been already said on the thread, too lazy to read) because of an annual exam for high school students that will happen exactly on the same day as the OWC group stage games. I hope we get this solved asap tho
There are exams taking place on weekends? shit
Mismagius

Plaatinum wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

There are exams taking place on weekends? shit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exame_Naci ... M%C3%A9dio

Note that even though wiki says "non-mandatory", it's pretty much obligatory to enter any college here.

BTW, people just told me that Loctav asked us to wait until drawings so we can have the schedules alright for us to play. That seems fair enough.
Kittles
So excited :)
I'm betting on Taiwan or Poland.
Ohrami

buny wrote:

think of it this way,
there is a possibility to win from 0 to 12 maps, which is the main focus of the prioritisation
sure they could have the same (maps won - maps loss), but the team with the most maps won should win. Why? Because they had scores closer to winning than the other team.
If the teams were playing BO1 instead of BO7, it would be a different story because that's directly correlated to win%.
wow
Pandobra

Kyou-kun wrote:

buny wrote:

think of it this way,
there is a possibility to win from 0 to 12 maps, which is the main focus of the prioritisation
sure they could have the same (maps won - maps loss), but the team with the most maps won should win. Why? Because they had scores closer to winning than the other team.
If the teams were playing BO1 instead of BO7, it would be a different story because that's directly correlated to win%.
wow
I am a clueless person.
Topic Starter
Loctav

evan129994 wrote:

Hope no one hates me for bringing this up but I have seen it a lot in this thread. Some people dislike that its not first come first serve for registration and some do. So I have an idea. could we do somthing like top 15 teams are gaurenteed an position in next years OWC and the rest will be chosen by first come first serve? That way it would be open for "underdogs" to come in and impress?
Just giving an idea for next year.
It's quite easy to determine, who gets into the OWC:

The top 32 valid team registrations with the highest average team performance points will make it into the OWC. Keep in mind that some teams might get disbanded and must be refounded even due to high performance because of this.
Vuelo Eluko
To do so would be to denigrate the efforts of legitimate players who work hard to improve themselves for these tournaments
meanwhile every korean except dungeon and dragonhuman who played in last owc

but in all seriousness, that just means any offences related to illegit account activities like multi accounting or cheating, right? I don't see how something like having a lot of silences, even if it is 'disruptive' makes a player less legit or hard working. Kinda feel the same about multi accing too but necessity is what it is so i understand that one.
cptnXn
for a minimum of 1 year from the time of your most recent offense.
so this means half of Asia won't be able to play?
AmaiHachimitsu

cptnXn wrote:

so this means half of Asia won't be able to play?
I'm afraid they will

Adamqs was told when unbanned that he will be able to compete in official tournaments. I like how objective the rules are :D Though well, all the better for Poland ^^
Tidek

Loctav wrote:

Keep in mind that some teams might get disbanded and must be refounded even due to high performance because of this.
I have to be careful next year. ;3

Anyway, just hope korea wont win this time, someone have to break their winning streak (Poland, Taiwan, Germany? ;( )
Synchrostar

Tidek wrote:

Anyway, just hope korea wont win this time, someone have to break their winning streak (Poland, Taiwan, Germany? ;( )
coughindiacough
ClawViper
"Captains will get notified in case their roster has been accepted or rejected."

May I know how long this will take?
Soinou

ClawViper wrote:

"Captains will get notified in case their roster has been accepted or rejected."

Loctav said we will be notified once the registrations are closed (Too lazy to search for the post)
ClawViper

Soinou wrote:

ClawViper wrote:

Loctav said we will be notified once the registrations are closed (Too lazy to search for the post)
Wouldn't it be way too late to change a member if the roster has been rejected by then?
Bauxe

ClawViper wrote:

Wouldn't it be way too late to change a member if the roster has been rejected by then?
You get rejected if your team isn't going to be strong competition (ie. out of the top 32 teams). So if you get rejected, you wouldn't be able to play anyway.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Bauxe wrote:

ClawViper wrote:

You get rejected if your team isn't going to be strong competition (ie. out of the top 32 teams). So if you get rejected, you wouldn't be able to play anyway.
Or if you put all multiaccounters and cheaters into your roster.
Mismagius

Loctav wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

What if I don't know if my team has someone who won't be accepted? That seems pretty unfair. There's the chance that I register my team and I end up having it rejected just because the 8th player multiaccounted once.
ClawViper

Blue Dragon wrote:

Loctav wrote:

What if I don't know if my team has someone who won't be accepted? That seems pretty unfair. There's the chance that I register my team and I end up having it rejected just because the 8th player multiaccounted once.
Would it possible for the captain to know whether our team has passed the background check then, regardless of whether the final team is strong enough to participate in the OWC?
silmarilen
#cow
mooooooo
Fensh
Do they really have to play with the default skin? o:
Rewben2

Mericales wrote:

Do they really have to play with the default skin? o:
no
Suikami
Must exactly 1 year ?
Novalogic
In short - Do you want to compete? Defeat administration first! :D
Azer
Note to whom it concerns, I made a skype group for captains to organize scrims (friendly practice matches) so if you are interested, PM me your skype.

Currently in the group:

Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Finland
France
Germany
Indonesia
Japan
Latvia
Netherlands
Norway
Russia
Singapore
Sweden
Thailand
UK
Ukraine
AmaiHachimitsu

Azer wrote:

Note to whom it concerns, I made a skype group for captains to organize scrims (friendly practice matches) so if you are interested, PM me your skype.

Currently in the group:

Argentina
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Finland
France
Germany
Indonesia
Japan
Latvia
Netherlands
Norway
Russia
Singapore
Sweden
Thailand
UK
Ukraine

massive DDoS during OWC incoming
Azer
I find it funny that only polish members have been super paranoid about it and everyone else hasn't even mentionned it
AmaiHachimitsu

Azer wrote:

I find it funny that only polish members have been super paranoid about it and everyone else hasn't even mentionned it

I find it funny that you chose Skype, which was pretty much the main source of players' IP last year. At least I can't think of any other. The players who got DDoS'd during the match against China had their skype names in their userpages.

We're not paranoid, we just feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

Just imagine losing the fruit of hard work being thrown away because of some anti-fans DDoSing your team. We were pretty close to experience something like that, it came down to last seconds when the fourth available player came back.

I'm kind of surprised Germany joined without questioning the medium, they got DDoS'd last year, too.
show more