DON'T COUNT KOREA OUT 8-)
B1rd

silmarilen wrote:

requesting kriers
+1
buny

Angusman wrote:

buny wrote:

win % is a higher priority though, since the team that has more wins than losses difference is going to be prioritised
But if the matches won and subsequently wins, losses difference is the same, only then is that third rule used. In that case the team with the lower win percentage will be higher ranked.

Also, coming from you, that hurts. Considering that you were the first to respond last year, and you approved of it since you actually read it that time. p/2660641
think of it this way,
there is a possibility to win from 0 to 12 maps, which is the main focus of the prioritisation
sure they could have the same (maps won - maps loss), but the team with the most maps won should win. Why? Because they had scores closer to winning than the other team.
If the teams were playing BO1 instead of BO7, it would be a different story because that's directly correlated to win%.

you could probably pm loctav for a direct answer, since i'm only speculating

and how did you derive to the conclusion that I approved it? I didn't mention anything about my thought on it and it should have been clearly obvious that was a trash post
Melt3dCheeze

fartownik wrote:

Or you can always invite some native British or American speakers that are skilled, but not participating in the tournament.
What about Australian speakers? :O Don't count us out!
Lytessill

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

There isn't a single decent player doing the commentary, it will probably suck unless they do some research.

Can't you at least find one "expert" like it happens everywhere? D:
We need commentators as energetic as this http://youtu.be/6q83gj8kFco?t=20s
Although, the only thing we would hear would be "COMBO DROP" occasionally.
Melt3dCheeze
Loctav, can we get a running status on the teams who have already signed up? We're in the dark here on how much time we have left since 32 spots is really limited for the world.
Topic Starter
Loctav
If you wish to change your roster, send me a PM and resubmit your roster. Anyways, do this only in case someone in your team hops off or refuses to play (that's why you can still change it).

You don't need to save slots or whatever bullshit. There is no "first come, first serve". The most competitive teams registered will be accepted. The teams will be released after registration phase.

Leaving you in the dark is intended.
fartownik
#hypeblocker
mayank0
why not just increase the limit XD
Frostmourne

B1rd wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

requesting kriers
+1
Bauxe

mayank0 wrote:

why not just increase the limit XD
Because then the tournament would be unbalanced.
mayank0
why would it be? u guys can always have more groups with the top 32 getting seeded and the rest placed with the top 32 in groups such that the groups arnt unbalanced as a whole... there could be many countries who would want to participate but might not be able to because of the limit... especially bcoz their country's pp is low, or bcoz there might be not be as many players playing the game..
Unusual-bot
thanks Loctav for doing this

Soinou

NaCulus wrote:

Not the best thing done this year. The freemod is now really good, and the possibility to ban maps is just amazing. This year, strategy will be a must to win
silmarilen

mayank0 wrote:

why would it be? u guys can always have more groups with the top 32 getting seeded and the rest placed with the top 32 in groups such that the groups arnt unbalanced as a whole... there could be many countries who would want to participate but might not be able to because of the limit... especially bcoz their country's pp is low, or bcoz there might be not be as many players playing the game..
this is the owc, this isnt a tournament where anybody can join and the best go through, this is a tournament where the best can join and the best of the best go through. if your country doesnt have high pp players then you dont belong here.
it's like letting an amature club play in the world cup football.
mayank0
atl have some qualifiers to select the unseeded ones, even the fifa wc does that... pp isnt always an accurate representation of your skill level
-Ryosuke
Supporting Korea and Poland / Germany this year!

Poland or Germany are definitely the only european countries that can make it through! #believe

god won't save the queen.

me as commentator pls
Omgforz

-Ryosuke wrote:

Poland or Germany are definitely the only european countries that can make it through! #believe
:<
mayank0
UK? :P
sellyme

silmarilen wrote:

mayank0 wrote:

this is the owc, this isnt a tournament where anybody can join and the best go through, this is a tournament where the best can join and the best of the best go through. if your country doesnt have high pp players then you dont belong here.
it's like letting an amature club play in the world cup football.
No, it's like letting a lowly-ranked country compete to qualify in world cup football.

Oh wait.

Yes, only the best 32 countries should be in the World Cup, but if significantly more than 32 countries register interest, qualifiers for 17th-xxth should definitely happen.

It's probably too late for this to happen this year, but it's something I'd love to see next year.
LightoHK
4 Metro
Bauxe

mayank0 wrote:

atl have some qualifiers to select the unseeded ones, even the fifa wc does that... pp isnt always an accurate representation of your skill level
Sure, PP isn't accurate. But I am pretty sure a team of 8, all in the top 500, are going to beat a team of rank 5,000+ with ease.

Plus, there are another 3(4) other world cups too, they don't have time to do qualifier tournaments, and other things like that. If you want to be in the OWC, have a team that is good enough to be somewhat competitive in some situations.
Lytessill

Loctav wrote:

If you wish to change your roster, send me a PM and resubmit your roster. Anyways, do this only in case someone in your team hops off or refuses to play (that's why you can still change it).

You don't need to save slots or whatever bullshit. There is no "first come, first serve". The most competitive teams registered will be accepted. The teams will be released after registration phase.

Leaving you in the dark is intended.

So we wont know who's playing in until November 1st?
Unusual-bot

Soinou wrote:

NaCulus wrote:

Not the best thing done this year. The freemod is now really good, and the possibility to ban maps is just amazing. This year, strategy will be a must to win
i know, but atl this tourney will be more interesting bcz the losing team in the Round 16 still have a chance to win the tourney, and i like that :D
TequilaWolf

Frostmourne wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

requesting kriers
+1
dino pls
Kert

OWC 2013 wrote:

Selection out of mod-specific brackets is limited. Each captain may only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during the match.
This is no longer a rule, right? Just to clarify
It just wasn't mentioned in the announcement
mayank0

Bauxe wrote:

mayank0 wrote:

Sure, PP isn't accurate. But I am pretty sure a team of 8, all in the top 500, are going to beat a team of rank 5,000+ with ease.

Plus, there are another 3(4) other world cups too, they don't have time to do qualifier tournaments, and other things like that. If you want to be in the OWC, have a team that is good enough to be somewhat competitive in some situations.
My point is only that let all countries have a try in atl ensuring a chance to play since this is a wc not a champions league or something.... Not always do higher ranked players get the win since osu doesn't work like that....
Bauxe

mayank0 wrote:

My point is only that let all countries have a try in atl ensuring a chance to play since this is a wc not a champions league or something.... Not always do higher ranked players get the win since osu doesn't work like that....
If you want to play, form a team good enough to compete. Simple.
Azer

Omgforz wrote:

I don't know of any people who can commentate and play well. I hope there's somebody out there.
hi
Ritzeh

Silynn wrote:

It's something I personally would rather deal with when it happens, also, a lot of the US players have been on the edge of whether they will play or not. Along with that, there are a few players who have risen in ranking recently that I need to talk to and assess before deciding whether they get a spot on the team or not.

Basically, it's better to do these things "in the moment" rather than in advance, when people can't fully commit and I don't have all the information I need to form the best team. There's a reason we're given 3 weeks, I would like to think.

Also, some people are kind of immature.. so deciding the team beforehand will cause drama when they get left out (which I don't want to deal with. And yes, this happens.)
:^)
Omgforz

Azer wrote:

Omgforz wrote:

I don't know of any people who can commentate and play well. I hope there's somebody out there.
hi
get your arse into the commentators booth
Topic Starter
Loctav

Kert wrote:

OWC 2013 wrote:

Selection out of mod-specific brackets is limited. Each captain may only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during the match.
This is no longer a rule, right? Just to clarify
It just wasn't mentioned in the announcement
Yes, this isn't the case anymore. This has been replaced by the ban-mechanic.
Athrun
Australia ftw!!

And I can commentate. Been doing that everytime I watch a gundam extreme vs maxi boost replay :D

We need commoners like me
Athrun
That time of the year where every country prepare their tablets and keyboards for the fight to the death. And the audience will be killing each other about who is going to win. Every country is out there to murder the others brutally.

*sigh* I love life.
dongerland dreams r.i.p
Omgforz
How long does it take for the confirmation of the registration of the team?

Is it safe to assume, that if you didn't get a confirmation after a few days your team has been declined?
Marcin

Omgforz wrote:

Is it safe to assume, that if you didn't get a confirmation after a few days your team has been declined?
Until drawings.
Omgforz

Marcin wrote:

Omgforz wrote:

Until drawings.
Oh, alright, now I understand the system a little bit better, and I just rechecked in the wiki and it seems like I misread twice.

But the only thing which bugs me is, if anything is wrong with your team and you won't get accepted due to one player, isn't the decline message at the drawings a little too late, or do we get an earlier notice?
Marcin
UNTIL drawings, not necessarily AT.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Please give it a bit more time :P I am processing through the registrations and this takes time.
show more