forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
GladiOol
it would be cool if we'd be able to buy an owc compendium. predicting the outcome of matches and predicting which map will be picked/banned the most etc. is really fun if you can easily compare the predictions with other players having such a compendium.
Small K
@Rucker !!!
@hvick225 !!!
@I will be back !!!
my friends!!!!!! where are you.
K_N
my candidacy also rejected
#blameloctav
farking clowns D:
Wishy

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

+ 1, some wage cuts would be required.

I'd love to get to know why Peppy doesn't want to be involved in any sonsorship contracts.

Is he afraid of another accidental showing of NSFW Babe as it happened on CWC? Afraid of DDoS/other issues that might ruin the show?
osu! is a game that works kind of in a gray zone, since it is based on illegal content.
pyon

Wishy wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

+ 1, some wage cuts would be required.

I'd love to get to know why Peppy doesn't want to be involved in any sonsorship contracts.

Is he afraid of another accidental showing of NSFW Babe as it happened on CWC? Afraid of DDoS/other issues that might ruin the show?
osu! is a game that works kind of in a gray zone, since it is based on illegal content.
borderline legal game.

Also the FEELS @Small K. I feel you.
Manolift
Can you even allow Kappas on the stream pls, and disable the useless bot that bans every face
nya10
I just want to point a mistake

Kairi's link on Canada's rosters is not linked to the right profile ~
JMC

Small K wrote:

@Rucker !!!
@hvick225 !!!
@I will be back !!!
my friends!!!!!! where are you.
that feeeeellss....
Josh
so what do we do about all them posts that were "constructive" that we lost then??? not gonna write another bible mayn
XPJ38

nya10 wrote:

Fixed it.

Just as you know for everybody, you can edit the wiki yourself if you see mistakes like this one, just login with your osu! credentials and click the Edit button on the page. it isn't complicated and would be much appreciated~ edit: not anymore
deadbeat

XPJ38 wrote:

nya10 wrote:

Fixed it.

Just as you know for everybody, you can edit the wiki yourself if you see mistakes like this one, just login with your osu! credentials and click the Edit button on the page. it isn't complicated and would be much appreciated~
i wouldn't. leave it to loctav. there have been issues with people doing such things before
AmaiHachimitsu
This is a very serious question for I really care about it.

When will the #cow be opened?
Marcin

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

This is a very serious question for I really care about it.

When will the #cow be opened?
Probably by the first match, like in previous tourney.
Salvage
SAD
LoGo
Still nothing about our case is resolved and it doesn't look like it even will be till like the beginning of the next owc... how nice from our dear administration who cares and thoroughly inspects every possible case in "breaking the rule part"... peppy also disappeared somewhere after i said to him exact person who has done nothing against the rules... great...

well, good luck to everyone who can participate and is still want to compete with i guess decent players, but clearly not the best :/
Topic Starter
Loctav

XPJ38 wrote:

nya10 wrote:

Fixed it.

Just as you know for everybody, you can edit the wiki yourself if you see mistakes like this one, just login with your osu! credentials and click the Edit button on the page. it isn't complicated and would be much appreciated~
Minor edits are fine, but please tell me beforehand.
El Koko

Loctav wrote:

Minor edits are fine, but please tell me beforehand.
oops. fixed chile's member links, they were all linked to u/1.
Bachia
GO POLAND!!!
Holorin
30 teams so far :D Hype!!!
1 question how come HK only has 4 members and still be able to participate? Also didn't Italy drop out?
Holy shit WWW is here :)) Let's see how he carry Poland :3
Topic Starter
Loctav
Hey everybody.

I stepped out of this entire discussion, because it was nowhere my call to make what regulations apply in this kind of topic. Let's say that I - for myself - want to stay neutral here and I will consider for myself all your brought-up arguments in order to improve the further registration regulations for future world cups, starting with the next upcoming Taiko World Cup 2015 in February.

Please understand that we can not change the regulation at this point for the OWC 2014 anymore, due to the organizational strains and restrictions, especially when you consider that there are not only 1 world cup but 4 world cups per year (and I also need my few weeks to breathe inbetween).

Be assured that I, for myself, have recognized your concerns, hence why I tried to discuss with some of you to make my point clear. We accept your opinion on that and will consider your point of views in future regulations.

For this OWC, unfortunately, the things are as they are now. Please keep in mind that I can not guarantee that the regulations will be any enlightened anywhere. As a future recommendation, I want to say that everyone should stop multiaccounting, cheating or account sharing at instant - to avoid future hassle. Always try to understand that I am also not willed to let people join the tournament I am working on for months over months, while they are blatantly violate the rules and cause me even more extra work. You might consider this as unfair or not impactful enough for this tournament.

Always keep in mind: Imagine how it would be if the participants of your own tournament try to boss you around about what is right and what is wrong. This is your tournament after all, so you make the rules. You are not forcing anyone to join.
I am well aware that the OWC is an event everyone anticipates for, I am well aware that you want to compete against the top of the top, hence I want that too. I want to make this awesome for everyone.

But I have this simple, very simple requirement to make you join: Stop making me and my comrades here extra work by breaking the rules. You are making us trouble on many other fields, independent from this tournament. If you are making me trouble, I do not give you the opportunity to join the events to make your e-penis grow any further, WHILE you are basically making a fool out of me and my comrades. I hope you understand that point.

Anyways, we try to stay neutral here, on all judgements we fell, on all cases that were rejected. I was sorta stunned seeing this happening, but I can not help if the top players are not interested in obeying the rules - and therefore forfeiting their privilege to join the tournament I and my co-hosters work almost 40h a week on. Please RESPECT my and their work. And in order to respect that: Stop breaking the rules.

Moreover, it is not my fault that you fail to read a rule set. When you sign up, you agree to the tournament rules, so I can await that you read everything again and again before signing up. Whoever doesn't has no right to complain retrospectively.

Try to understand my position in specific. I want to bring you the biggest experience ever, so stop being so selfish and understand why I am not willed to let people being disrespectful upon me to join a tournament I am basically hosting (apart of all origin, cheers to lesslunatic and fartownik for the initial work in hosting this)

To bring this entire discussion to an end, I have splitted away the posts for this, storing them in a good place so I can furtherly revise them to improve this tournament for you. Your word has been heard, your warning has been sent. But now, I want to reopen this topic in order to make people discuss the schedules, the mappools and the drawings. Let's have a good OWC, anyways. Put your grunge away and let's enjoy this, because that's what I want to.

In order to clarify: I won't refrain from furtherly remove any discussion about the above addressed topic in order to make the topic focus on what it should focus for now. This is mostly because this topic leads to nowhere for now and we won't find any compromise here in a decent manner. I hope you do not consider this as censorship, but mostly as a regulative measurement to give the map selectors and the playing teams the opportunity to actually discuss the tournament self

Unlocked. Keep this on line.
Rewben2
I don't want to immediately kick off the unlocked thread with an argument but I have a suggestion to make. Lewa brought up a point on ask.fm which I haven't seen mentioned before, link here: http://ask.fm/thelewa/answer/119270679030. Basically, the wording of the rules appears to be very ambiguous and subject to different interpretations. Perhaps future rules (and/or the current rules) can be made more clear and concrete to help prevent future arguments surrounding them?
Topic Starter
Loctav

Rewben2 wrote:

I don't want to immediately kick off the unlocked thread with an argument but I have a suggestion to make. Lewa brought up a point on ask.fm which I haven't seen mentioned before, link here: http://ask.fm/thelewa/answer/119270679030. Basically, the wording of the rules appears to be very ambiguous and subject to different interpretations. Perhaps future rules (and/or the current rules) can be made more clear to help prevent future arguments surrounding them?
We will surely reword this. It might be misleading and not cut clean enough, so I will look into this to reword the article and the ruleset to make clear what we allow and what we do not allow.
AmaiHachimitsu
Happy osu! Official Tournament #1

I'd really fancy discussing about mappools and schedules, but I can't see them yet. I was sure the mappools were to be released 7 days before the match, not 6. Please guys, there is nothing wrong with posting new mappool when there are still matches going on.

Last year it was map pickers' fault for being lazy bums, but this time the pools seem to be done beforehand so take advantage if it.

Whatever the scheduling will be, saying this in advance.

We would really appreciate having two matches on Saturday.
Topic Starter
Loctav
I think I always released them on Sunday, for years now. I am on it, tho, should be up in a few mins. (the mappool, schedule needs a bit)
Melt3dCheeze
Do you think you (Loctav) and the osu! staff are willing enough to publicise what you guys did to solve this issue of "BOYCOTT OWC" after this tournament is over? It's best to know what actually happened rather than us being in the dark. You'll reinforce positive ideas by actually telling us the process, rather than having an image where we depict the osu!staff as lacking confidence and showing inconsistencies in their decisions.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Do you think you (Loctav) and the osu! staff are willing enough to publicise what you guys did to solve this issue of "BOYCOTT OWC" after this tournament is over? It's best to know what actually happened rather than us being in the dark. You'll reinforce positive ideas by actually telling us the process, rather than having an image where we depict the osu!staff as lacking confidence and showing inconsistencies in their decisions.
We will do so after this tournament concluded.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Everyone, please take note of the following post: t/255369
Miterosan
No need to warm up old stuff.
Deimos
Problems happend. Problems were solved. Such problems will no longer occur in the wiki.

Good luck for all teams who are participating.
Holorin
Loctav, I thank you for listening to other's opinions and take them into consideration.
I really do hope that the staffs can consider a preliminary round for all the countries, each has a seed number and will have an easier time through the preliminaries. That way, more country can have the chance to participate. It's down on execution anyway, as ranking doesn't mean anything in multiplayer.
Let's hope for a successful OWC! :D
Edit: For next year I meant :D
Miterosan

Not by Miterosan wrote:

No need to warm up old stuff.

:/ ok
Gumpy

Oppai Neko wrote:

a10029783

Oppai Neko wrote:

Loctav, I thank you for listening to other's opinions and take them into consideration.
I really do hope that the staffs can consider a preliminary round for all the countries, each has a seed number and will have an easier time through the preliminaries. That way, more country can have the chance to participate. It's down on execution anyway, as ranking doesn't mean anything in multiplayer.
Edit: For next year I meant :D

I agree.
AmaiHachimitsu

Oppai Neko wrote:

We hoped once, it was awful

noneed - yup, it is
AmaiHachimitsu
Just a piece of advice for commentators.

While Yoiduki Mayuta's DU is acceptable in transcription (It's because the Japanese using roomaji input type DU to make syllable づ appear), it is a voiced TSU sound, something you would pronounce DZU, not DU. There is no DU sound in standard Japanese.

I'm pretty sure the japanese titles and names will be pronounced in terrible manner, but I just hope you avoid doing basic mistakes. (like pronouncing my name as Hamachi or sth - happened last year)
KRZY

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'm pretty sure the japanese titles and names will be pronounced in terrible manner, but I just hope you avoid doing basic mistakes. (like pronouncing my name as Hamachi or sth - happened last year)

Also a spreadsheet with all participating players sorted by groups and pp rank: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 Had a few extra hours yesterday and thought everybody would love numbers, just take it as a very rough picture of how teams stand this tourney.
noneed
thanks for the info amai

oh well, I dont play much anymore but I still love watching the best play. guess next year...
eldnl

Loctav wrote:

Hey everybody.

I stepped out of this entire discussion, because it was nowhere my call to make what regulations apply in this kind of topic. Let's say that I - for myself - want to stay neutral here and I will consider for myself all your brought-up arguments in order to improve the further registration regulations for future world cups, starting with the next upcoming Taiko World Cup 2015 in February.

Please understand that we can not change the regulation at this point for the OWC 2014 anymore, due to the organizational strains and restrictions, especially when you consider that there are not only 1 world cup but 4 world cups per year (and I also need my few weeks to breathe inbetween).

Be assured that I, for myself, have recognized your concerns, hence why I tried to discuss with some of you to make my point clear. We accept your opinion on that and will consider your point of views in future regulations.

For this OWC, unfortunately, the things are as they are now. Please keep in mind that I can not guarantee that the regulations will be any enlightened anywhere. As a future recommendation, I want to say that everyone should stop multiaccounting, cheating or account sharing at instant - to avoid future hassle. Always try to understand that I am also not willed to let people join the tournament I am working on for months over months, while they are blatantly violate the rules and cause me even more extra work. You might consider this as unfair or not impactful enough for this tournament.

Always keep in mind: Imagine how it would be if the participants of your own tournament try to boss you around about what is right and what is wrong. This is your tournament after all, so you make the rules. You are not forcing anyone to join.
I am well aware that the OWC is an event everyone anticipates for, I am well aware that you want to compete against the top of the top, hence I want that too. I want to make this awesome for everyone.

But I have this simple, very simple requirement to make you join: Stop making me and my comrades here extra work by breaking the rules. You are making us trouble on many other fields, independent from this tournament. If you are making me trouble, I do not give you the opportunity to join the events to make your e-penis grow any further, WHILE you are basically making a fool out of me and my comrades. I hope you understand that point.

Anyways, we try to stay neutral here, on all judgements we fell, on all cases that were rejected. I was sorta stunned seeing this happening, but I can not help if the top players are not interested in obeying the rules - and therefore forfeiting their privilege to join the tournament I and my co-hosters work almost 40h a week on. Please RESPECT my and their work. And in order to respect that: Stop breaking the rules.

Moreover, it is not my fault that you fail to read a rule set. When you sign up, you agree to the tournament rules, so I can await that you read everything again and again before signing up. Whoever doesn't has no right to complain retrospectively.

Try to understand my position in specific. I want to bring you the biggest experience ever, so stop being so selfish and understand why I am not willed to let people being disrespectful upon me to join a tournament I am basically hosting (apart of all origin, cheers to lesslunatic and fartownik for the initial work in hosting this)

To bring this entire discussion to an end, I have splitted away the posts for this, storing them in a good place so I can furtherly revise them to improve this tournament for you. Your word has been heard, your warning has been sent. But now, I want to reopen this topic in order to make people discuss the schedules, the mappools and the drawings. Let's have a good OWC, anyways. Put your grunge away and let's enjoy this, because that's what I want to.

In order to clarify: I won't refrain from furtherly remove any discussion about the above addressed topic in order to make the topic focus on what it should focus for now. This is mostly because this topic leads to nowhere for now and we won't find any compromise here in a decent manner. I hope you do not consider this as censorship, but mostly as a regulative measurement to give the map selectors and the playing teams the opportunity to actually discuss the tournament self

Unlocked. Keep this on line.
Just a little thing that I want to suggest, do not leave this for later, it may not affect this tournament but the problems are on the table right now. Remember that this happened on the CWC 2014 too. I could add some points on the discussion itself if you want to handle with this problem now.
Nwolf
I love how people still think that boycotting can only be understood as "making the tournament better"

But please, just stop this discussion. Because it is fun for spectators to watch, no matter you like it or not. It is fun for more than half of the teams participating so the problem is probably in the whiny teams.
cptnXn
just out of curiosity how did you decide the seeds for each country
pp doesn't make sense
show more