forum

osu! World Cup 2014 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
ReverseTime
What happened to the previous posts?
Setsuen
So I either have the ability to see into the future or this thread suddenly lost ~16pg worth of posts. Which is it?
blahpy

ReverseTime wrote:

What happened to the previous posts?
It's pretty obvious that they were removed

The majority of them were annoying troll posts that deserved to be removed anyway but it is a shame that the few constructive ones that some people made were removed along with them
Mira-san

blahpy wrote:

..it is a shame that the few constructive ones that some people made were removed along with them
Ephemeral
Let me preface by stating that the past 17 pages of this thread have been erased from existence because they contributed absolutely nothing beyond baseless speculation and complaining about the reason behind our policy choices for handling the OWC roster screenings- which, might I add, have not changed significantly across any OWC ever.

The general basis for refusal of participation is simple - if you break the community rules, you rescind your privilege to participate in officially organized tournaments. It's that simple. None of us particularly care if you believe multi-accounting is "not that serious" or doesn't constitute an offense that should prevent someone from playing. The point is, there are a bunch of legitimate players who manage to be competitive and do so without flagrantly breaking the rules we have in place to try and keep things fair for everyone.

The majority of the people "petitioning" for changes in this regard in the 17-pages-that-never-happened were petitioning to have players who disrespected these rules openly included in OWC rosters, and to be pit against players who are legitimate and have spotless records.

Attacking the staff hosting the event for your own inability to follow rules (or your support for players who have been found to do so) is pretty disgusting. I am legitimately ashamed to share a community with more than a few of you. Thankfully, the largely positive outpouring of support for OWC and the players who are allowed to play in it greatly outweighs the veritable tide of shit that the tournament staff is forced to endure during screening this time of the year. Usually. This year might come close to an exception there, though.

There are provisions in place for people who have been refused OWC participation this time around to petition their case. We'll also think about cutting back the duration that infringements and more serious infractions count for exclusion in tournament play in single cases for people who aren't habitual offenders.
Ephemeral
I should specify - some of the posts that got caught in the nuke radius were constructive, and were kept in the bin because of their complete lack of context otherwise. For those posters, I salute you. You know who you are.
Ephemeral
Triple post for true seriousness - I am monitoring this thread very closely now and will be earnestly considering well-thought out constructive responses. God help those who shitpost while I am watching, because they will suddenly find themselves unable to read and post any longer.
Magnolia
thanks eph, but people abusing the rules will always want a loophole. best not to give it to them imo

#Canada for OWC Champions?
hehe
I SHOULD REALLY LEARN TO READ BECAUSE I JUST LOST MY FORUM ACCESS RIGHTS FOR NOT DOING IT
Ephemeral
As always, anybody with questions/concerns that they don't feel they can voice here or are concerned about asking publicly can email me at ephemeral@ppy.sh, or send me a PM on the forums, whatever you're comfortable with.
Ephemeral
First shitposter award goes to handsome, who has permanently lost his posting rights in this forum. Anyone else?
AutoMedic
i'm rooting for ph

Pizzicato + Mira = Destructive force
GladiOol

Ephemeral wrote:

First shitposter award goes to handsome, who has permanently lost his posting rights in this forum. Anyone else?
I volunteer.

Though it'd be a pity because I have to post the map lists.

This is more of a heads up to not provoke ephemeral. You know better. Be better than the ones you're trying to get here.
Ephemeral
A very fair point, Gladi. I would be inclined to agree if 17 pages and numerous attempts from dozens of other people had succeeded at all, but alas, it has not, and now I am here.

Moral superiority is not the goal here, it is to keep this thread ordered and pointed towards a specific purpose beyond simply shittalking staff members for trying to make the game better for everyone else.
Zallius

Ephemeral wrote:

Moral superiority is not the goal here, it is to keep this thread ordered and pointed towards a specific purpose beyond simply shittalking staff members for trying to make the game better for everyone else.
You're making me look like a really REALLY nice guy ;)
Rucker
SAD
Sakisan
Thank you Ephemeral, you are much appreciated.

SPOILER
Belgium's roster is not yet listed on the wiki so I had no reason to join the drama anyway

I have a question about the group stage:
Group Stage 8-9 Nov 2014
Does this imply there will be no matches on friday?
I'd like to know so I can postpone my friday activities if necessary.
manjumochi
Go Brasil! (And Japan, if Brazil can't play or be eliminated).

SPOILER
At least I can support for some countrys, I hope. (Or this is prohibited, too?)

PS: looks like my posts on this thread were shitposts, I'm sorry (I was believing that was good ideas, but they were considered shit, as almost I ever do in life :cry: ).
KRZY
Are we to see finalized rosters for every team today?
Proxy
thanks alot Ephemeral
arigatou
OK OK U R RIGHT
Topic Starter
Loctav

KRZY wrote:

I am still editing the wiki, give me a bit.
KRZY

Loctav wrote:

KRZY wrote:

I am still editing the wiki, give me a bit.
Good to know, thanks.
Atrue
Sorry for being late in the thread. But indeed we need to learn how to make available discussions here, rather than just showing bad feelings, flaming, baiting. ( For example I know we have fun in copying posts in Chinese community, I know we have no bad intention such as insulting or something else. But this is not an appropriate attitude for discussing, that is only for talking some thing not too serious.) These will do no good for the game.
Just saying that we need to adjust our attitude towards discussion. For Chinese speakers, if you get trouble in communicating in English, I'd like to be your translator. Better than Baidu or Google. (Translation of the last sentence: 如果有正式的讨论性质的东西,而英文交流又吃力的话,可以找我当中英翻译,比翻译机稍微强一点)
Wishy
With all due respect, "serious and appropriate" discussions already took place several times but it just doesn't work, there is reason shitstorms happen, it's not that everyone's out to get you and troll you but that there is an actual problem.

Point has been made anyways so let's see what management does/say about this, which according to what we already experienced is gonna be nothing, so let's drop it already and wait.

And I have to tell everyone what Ephemeral says is right, OWC has always been managed this way for years and there are no "special rules" coming up right now, they were used before but not written down on the corresponding wiki, kind of extra official, but nothing's changed and this OWC is just like every other.
AmaiHachimitsu
/me late

Why no trophy this year?

Also peppy said something about allowing crowd funding. Actually it doesn't make sense in the current state of affairs, but if anything, I'd like to see it being more uhhh, accessible?
Glazbom

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

/me late

Why no trophy this year?

There's no money for that.
AmaiHachimitsu

Glazbom wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

/me late

Why no trophy this year?

There's no money for that.

+ 1, some wage cuts would be required.

I'd love to get to know why Peppy doesn't want to be involved in any sonsorship contracts.

Is he afraid of another accidental showing of NSFW Babe as it happened on CWC? Afraid of DDoS/other issues that might ruin the show?
El Koko
more rosters! and we're pretty much eff'd!

doesn't matter, we didn't need nitro anyway. we're gonna make history. vamos méxico!

implying we're going any further than ro16. cry
GladiOol
it would be cool if we'd be able to buy an owc compendium. predicting the outcome of matches and predicting which map will be picked/banned the most etc. is really fun if you can easily compare the predictions with other players having such a compendium.
Small K
@Rucker !!!
@hvick225 !!!
@I will be back !!!
my friends!!!!!! where are you.
K_N
my candidacy also rejected
#blameloctav
farking clowns D:
Wishy

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'd love to get to know why Peppy doesn't want to be involved in any sonsorship contracts.

Is he afraid of another accidental showing of NSFW Babe as it happened on CWC? Afraid of DDoS/other issues that might ruin the show?
osu! is a game that works kind of in a gray zone, since it is based on illegal content.
pyon

Wishy wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

osu! is a game that works kind of in a gray zone, since it is based on illegal content.
borderline legal game.

Also the FEELS @Small K. I feel you.
Manolift
Can you even allow Kappas on the stream pls, and disable the useless bot that bans every face
nya10
I just want to point a mistake

Kairi's link on Canada's rosters is not linked to the right profile ~
JMC

Small K wrote:

@Rucker !!!
@hvick225 !!!
@I will be back !!!
my friends!!!!!! where are you.
that feeeeellss....
Josh
so what do we do about all them posts that were "constructive" that we lost then??? not gonna write another bible mayn
XPJ38

nya10 wrote:

Fixed it.

Just as you know for everybody, you can edit the wiki yourself if you see mistakes like this one, just login with your osu! credentials and click the Edit button on the page. it isn't complicated and would be much appreciated~ edit: not anymore
deadbeat

XPJ38 wrote:

nya10 wrote:

Fixed it.

Just as you know for everybody, you can edit the wiki yourself if you see mistakes like this one, just login with your osu! credentials and click the Edit button on the page. it isn't complicated and would be much appreciated~
i wouldn't. leave it to loctav. there have been issues with people doing such things before
show more