forum

I'm new to CTB, so...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FormerLurker
I have a question. I just joined two weeks ago, so I may not know as much of the game as you guys, sorry :D

I'm also new to CTB, (as implied by the subject) and my biggest problem is that my eyes unfocus whenever I play CTB. This doesn't happen in any other game mode, just CTB. Anyone who has this problem,(doubtful many do) could you help please? Thanks so much!
Yukiteru Amano
That would depend on time of the day! Generally never happeneds though :) try sleep
More?
Topic Starter
FormerLurker
Oh hey someone actually replied :O

And you're probably right about that. I do need more sleep, but y'know... Work and stuff, then osu. By that time, it's already 12.

Haha thanks Amano Yukiteru!

EDIT: Whoa I'm so honored. #6 CTB player responded to my noob post! WOW! Gotta strive to be like him! ^w^
autofanboy
Your eyes will adapt to the gameplay as you played much.
Try playing Easy or Normal diffs at first to adapt in it.
Akai Tenshi
First thing: Welcome to Ctb :D

Also i have an advise for you when you play a map don't watch the replays of top 50 cause these players playing since 5 or 6 years. Play for fun and your skill on ctb will grow up don't worry about it ^^.

If you have another question, try to go to ctb channel. (f9 ==> channels ==> #ctb if you don't know how to add channel on your screen ^^)

So have fun and see you IG maybe ^^ :D
Deif
This thread is somehow related to this one, so you might take a look there too: t/223859

It mainly depends on the player. There's not a strategic point where you can say it's the perfect spot to look at. In this case you have to center your view in a specific point and get used to it, having lots of factors to take into consideration: which mod are you playing with, the approach rate of the difficulty, and so on.

However, any piece of advice can be gathered into one: Practice. Just give it a few more plays!
Geniance
I play CtB sometimes and get this. It occurs in Taiko and Osu!Mania for me too, it's just that I need to use a different skin to what I use in standard. I found that the Soda skin is really easy on my eyes in those game modes.

But as others said, it's most likely a practice thing :D
ExCres
the more you play the easier it would be to fix it,your eyes will start to adjust.
Also just like what afb said,try to play easy,normals and gradually build up from there. It'll build your eyes (hope it helps)

Welcome to ctb,good luck on your adventure :D
Gumpy
A 144hz monitor helps greatly for CTB.
OtakuMaria
I don't know if someone already said/asked this, but...
What do you mean by unfocus?
If it's because of the picture or like, a video, then you can just disable it, if picture, make the light dimmer <-- made no sense
I only get unfocussed when the picture/video or my skinning graphics are disturbing.
:?
Drafura

OnceLurker wrote:

Gotta strive to be like him! ^w^
Don't, one is more than enough ><
Yukiteru Amano
Drafura PLEASE :P What is that supposed to mean!?
Lavale_old

Gumpyyy wrote:

A 144hz monitor helps greatly for CTB.
No
El SolarBeam
just passing by

that's why I can only play ctb using HD, so I can just deal with the upper fruits