forum

Hovering with tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ronbo
So I just got a Wacom Bamboo Capture, and from what I can tell most people recommend hovering with the pen.

I've been trying this, but there's one major issue that I've had: I keep hovering too high, and the tablet stops connecting with the pen.

Any suggestions on how to avoid hovering too high? :o
B1rd
try eating a lot of rosemary. and also practice.
Bauxe
Play more.

Don't hover.

Take your pick. (hovering is for idiots)
cheezstik
You will adjust eventually, it's similar to moving too far on jumps, you will just build the muscle memory so that it never happens. After around 2 months, I never hover too high.

Alternatively, you could drag, but I wouldn't recommend it. I've heard it's more accurate, but I'd rather not screw up my tablet surface and have to replace my pen nib. I have a circle in the middle of my tablet area that is noticeably glossier than the rest of it because I drag spinners. My pen nib is also a lot flatter from just dragging spinners, but it's working fine.
Dexus
OP: Pick whatever works best for you and stay with it.

B1rd wrote:

try eating a lot of rosemary.
If you want to have pulmonary edema... or go into a coma...

Precautions

The use of herbs is a time honored approach to strengthening the body and treating disease. Herbs, however, can trigger side effects and interact with other herbs, supplements, or medications. For these reasons, you should take herbs with care, under the supervision of a health care provider.

Rosemary is generally considered safe when taken in recommended doses. However, there have been occasional reports of allergic reactions. Large quantities of rosemary leaves, because of their volatile oil content, can cause serious side effects, including vomiting, spasms, coma and, in some cases, pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs).

Because higher doses of rosemary may cause miscarriage, pregnant and nursing women should not take rosemary as a supplement. It is safe to eat as a spice in food, however.

People with high blood pressure, ulcers, Crohn's disease, or ulcerative colitis should not take rosemary.

Rosemary oil can be toxic if ingested and should never be taken orally.
Source: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/rosemary
B1rd

Dexus wrote:

OP: Pick whatever works best for you and stay with it.

B1rd wrote:

try eating a lot of rosemary.
If you want to have pulmonary edema... or go into a coma...

Precautions
Those are just side effects, the article never stated that eating rosemary didn't help with hovering with a tablet.
winber1
use magnets
Top Bunk
I had the same issue when hovering with a tablet at first too. Although just practicing could have fixed my issue, I instead decided to glue cork caps on the top underside of my tablet to tilt it and it fixed my issue instantly.
Like so:

Though I really wouldn't recommend gluing anything on it unless it actually does help you.
Gumpy
I used too have this problem, but playing more adjusts iy automaticlly as you get used to it.
EcksDee
Lol I removed the nib from my pen so I could hold it closer to the tablet without touching it lol