forum

What is "X" for?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flamingoflames
I recently started to play this game. I use my mouse and keyboard, while using the "z" button, but what is the "x" for? Is it the same?
silmarilen
it's exactly the same indeed, it's there because sometimes notes are so quickly after the last one that using just 1 button wont be fast enough.
buny

silmarilen wrote:

it's exactly the same indeed, it's there because sometimes notes are so quickly after the last one that using just 1 button wont be fast enough.
just overcome that by not being weak
cheezstik
It's the same function, just gives you the option of having a preferred finger to hit notes with while keeping your hand in the same position in case you want to press the other. People commonly favor one button and only use the other for fast series of notes, but if you feel comfortable always switching between the two buttons for every note, then do that.

Another good way to utilize having two buttons, is when there is a note quickly after a slider, press the other button instead of the same one again, since it is faster and more reliable to simply press a button then it is to let go of a button and press the same one again. I still use this technique now on fast series of bouncing sliders.
EcksDee
There's two main ways to play this game.

You can press zzzz until the notes are too fast, then you hit zxzxzx. most people play it like this

Here

Or you can always press zxzxzx, no matter how fast the notes are.

(Literally couldnt find a good video so putting my shit one here) ((NVM found one))

And here

Note the Key Counter on the right side. The upper button is Z and the lower one is X
KagamiHRS
Left mouse button is Z key equivalent. (K1)
Right mouse button is X key equivalent. (K2)
It's there for your middle index finger to use. It serves exactly the same function.

EDIT: Whoops lol typo
FlyingKebab

KagamiHRS wrote:

Left mouse button is Z key equivalent. (K1)
Right mouse button is X key equivalent. (K2)
It's there for your middle finger to use. It serves exactly the same function.
X with middle finger implying that index is using z meaning inverted hands ftw.
Gumpy
Is this even a question?

How do you not figure this out by yourself?
otonashi-senpai

Gumpyyy wrote:

Is this even a question?

Do you have two left mouse buttons?
In the easier songs he is playing there is no need for a second button (like there is no use for a second left mouse button) that's why he is probably asking.

And yes he asked a question. If you don't know what a question is you should take school more serious.

Sorry for being rude but when there is a new player one shouldn't answer like an.. ;)

On Topic: Yes these buttons have the same function and you will probably have to use them later on when the songs get harder.
I Give Up

Gumpyyy wrote:

buny

KukiMonster wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

god bless the american dream
Vuelo Eluko

buny wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

just overcome that by not being weak
damn right

FlyingKebab
^^^^^^^^^^
R.I.P Blackwidow
R.I.P Accuracy
R.I.P Finger
Blueprint
X marks the spot
GoldenWolf

Blueprint wrote:

X marks the spot