forum

What is a bad habit you have on osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
kutora
Seeing my score and starting to panic/heart starts racing.
That and letting go of the key like having my finger coming off the actual keycap when I'm trying to let go of the button... It makes single-taps a lot harder..
But I've been trying to fix that by playing stuff like Disconnected - Hellbinde. It feels really weird but also really satisfying.
Mvsk

Scintillate wrote:

discuss! one of my worst habit is my mind trys to make me fuck up when i have a high combo. like i start thinking about my breathing and blinking..
Same x(

and if there is a break near the end of a song on a high difficulty and have full combo up to there get nervous and end up screwing up the run / missing the next note. Sometimes also mistake a break near the end for the end of a song if it's a first time playing it. Throw the pen down. Think i full combo'd it. then a bunch of notes come out of nowhere and it's gameover.

Also have a bad habit of single tapping triplets. on higher bpm songs 200+ ish 3-4stars that's probably going to hold me back.
Raiken-
Cancel playing when missed a circle.
Back then.
Neo7
I have a tendency to let my shoulders creep upward into a shrug like pose when I'm in the middle of a song. It's very subtle and not that noticeable but it tends to make you more unstable and less relaxed (as it's an unnatural posture) and makes more prone to mistakes.
Kamirox
Charm
alternating stacked pairs of single taps instead of singletapping them pls help
Offended
Singing along to the song and get distracted by my horrible voice.
JAZeph
Drinking :roll:
chaee
Blinking
-_Lazy_-_old
i have to poop when i play high bpm maps
chaee

-_Lazy_- wrote:

i have to poop when i play high bpm maps
me too tbh
a1l2d3r4e5d6
My brain anticipates where the next circle is, which causes me to hit too early and miss. This only happens if I restart.

Also, I keep looking at my accuracy and score meter. :p
Yoshi_green
I check my accuracy way too frequently during gameplay even when I want to stop caring about it aaaaugh
FlamesShootr
Spacing out when doing jumps and streams. Like, I just stop thinking and my mind goes blank and then I end up missing.
Kouya-

FlamesShootr wrote:

I just stop thinking and my mind goes blank and then I end up missing.
Probably tweak that into this "My mind was blank, only focusing on the song, until I ended up thinking of random things I had to do, so I ended up missing ."
Kurogane Ai
Occasionally looking away from the screen while playing osu!standard hard. for no apparent reason lol
MelodyAlexander
Trying to make friends.
Sero

Comonculus wrote:

Trying to make friends.
made me sad...

Let me be your friend. =)
Janixs
When im fc'ing the map with good acc, and the map is about to end, i tend to think about missing, my brain just starts to play tricks on me idk why :D Also looking at my acc when i feel i have like 99.70 or smthin :D now i just disable hud and thats it!
c h e f
I've gotten so used to restarting a map after one mistake because of one mistake that when I play a long or tiring map and I pause in a break time after I rest I come back and hit restart instead of continue with like 99% accuracy FC.
Vapor
thinking i can do things i can't do, then getting annoyed at myself when i can't do them
-Atri-
>Open osu!
>Play only 1 or 2 songs
>Exit osu!
Indeed_old_1
Retrying a map over and over and finally giving up on it without even placing a score on it
chaee

Comonculus wrote:

Trying to make friends.
Same tbh. Let's fix that *added*
Skyhmer
playing for ranks when I've run out of people to personally try and pass
Yuudachi-kun

Gleipnir wrote:

How is this bad?
Skyhmer

Kheldragar wrote:

Gleipnir wrote:

How is this bad?
Less of a reason to aim for ranks, which is what I found to be the most satisfying reason to play
nonetheless It's still fun
Yuudachi-kun
You can pass me. ;)
kouzuki_karen
spamming c:
Skyhmer

Kheldragar wrote:

You can pass me. ;)
Unless the DT in me suddenly awakens, That will be quite the long time
Yuudachi-kun

Gleipnir wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

You can pass me. ;)
Unless the DT in me suddenly awakens, That will be quite the long time
Who needs DT?
Connie
when I have a high combo I start to focus too much on the combo and then I miss
Skyhmer

Kheldragar wrote:

Who needs DT?
People who want them quick gains in PP. But I'd rather acc and aim so I refuse.
My actual reason is that I can't single tap above 180bpm for my life.
Yuudachi-kun

Gleipnir wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Who needs DT?
People who want them quick gains in PP. But I'd rather acc and aim so I refuse.
My actual reason is that I can't single tap above 180bpm for my life.
Play faster songs and then be able to singletap 260. It's like a magical ability you unlock one day.
Skyhmer

Kheldragar wrote:

Play faster songs and then be able to singletap 260. It's like a magical ability you unlock one day.
Sounds like a damn dream ;_;
Yuudachi-kun
And I couldn't go above 220 until I decided to play everything will freeze/image material for 30 minutes/an hour for 2 days straight. Then bam I passed mad machine with x333 and delrio. But that's streaming.

For singletapping I played Nomy - Cocaine a hell of a lot then Yousei Teikoku - Asgard
KapengBarako
Losing focus when the song is about to end.
edisk
Blinking before and during a burst
E m i

Gleipnir wrote:

I'd rather acc
;)
KapengBarako

edisk wrote:

Blinking before and during a burst
Blinking throughout the whole beatmap and doing my retarded mannerisms.
show more