forum

What is a bad habit you have on osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd
why is this in general discussion?
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Until recently, I kept shouting at pippy for blocking the playfield...

Removed her from my skin. :p

Also, I draw moustaches on faces when the opportunity presents itself.

I should probably post this all in one instead of separate posts. :/
This is like the 3rd time posting here... :roll:
Mahogany

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Until recently, I kept shouting at pippy for blocking the playfield...

Removed her from my skin. :p
You know you can just turn off combobursts, right?

Also, I draw moustaches on faces when the opportunity presents itself.
LMFAO

Will do this every break now. Thanks.
chaee
Must 99.76+ everything or else I'll rage quit
birra
distracts myself from projects irl sometimes.
RedKing
Pausing in the middle of a break to type and then accidentally clicking retry...
Gumpy

RedKing wrote:

Pausing in the middle of a break to type and then accidentally clicking retry...
I did that while holding an SS :S
Yuudachi-kun

RedKing wrote:

Try it on the very end of a song just before the last spinner ends when it's an FC.
YamiHikari
Thinking the map is ending and pressing retry. Gets me every time.
Yuudachi-kun
Here's another bad habit: Thinking unhelpful thoughts in the middle of a jumpy section of a map.

Just yesterday on Wahrheit I was thinking, "How am I doing this? How is my right hand able to aim all of these notes without actual concious, literal thinking effort? How do I know when to tap the button?"

I felt like i was going to miss. >:(
Gumpy
I do that all the time Kheldragar
Cerulean Veyron
Brightness /(e_e\) better dim background 80% or 90%
joi-
I only have a good habit, when the song starts to reach the end I start thinking "I cannot break this combo anymore, it's not possible for me to not get an fc anymore, way to go."

BUT SOMETIMES I GET TOO RELAXED AND BREAK MY PERFECT COMBO
Chumsworth
My only bad habit is the biggest thing holding me back.... I only use X on my keyboard and using Z just messes me up. All 3 note stream are done with one finger :cry:
Paunu
I play 4 fun
- K a t h -

Scintillate wrote:

discuss! one of my worst habit is my mind trys to make me fuck up when i have a high combo. like i start thinking about my breathing and blinking..
LOL that's so true.

not only on osu though, also in CTB and mania x)
7ambda
Combo break or miss a note = retry
piruchan
Playing the game
Liyara
Mashing streams I can easily do without mashing because I panic ><
chaee

piruchan wrote:

Playing the game
JYChii
Nothing..
Mahogany
Being too slow at streams
Shakira
skipping school because of this game
Secretpipe
Promise to mod in time ;;
J u r i o
Getting really pressured if I am about to finish a song with FC then breaking the combo....... worst feeling ever
HaruryuuSan
Aqua Heartia
Playing osu after relieving myself. If you know what I mean.
Yuudachi-kun

Aqua Heartia wrote:

How is this a bad habit?
Aqua Heartia

Kheldragar wrote:

Aqua Heartia wrote:

How is this a bad habit?
I got used to it that it simply does not feel right when playing.
Wickedsharkz
1. Sliderbreak (ALWAYS :C)
2. Retry when get a miss, a SINGLE miss or a slider break
3. When in the middle/ending part of a song, i always think "omg what if i miss now" and eventually really end up missing..... :c +heart beats faster (really afraid of combobreak when the song is almost over)
4. Retry whenever i think my accuracy sucks
-Atri-
1. streams
2. over shooting aim
3. Getting pp by only passing maps
Lilynn
I overthink patterns and jumps in general. I now have to make my mind go blank while jumping -.-

Yeah, as you can imagine is fun readjusting after spacing out in order to do jumps xD
Vish024
Overthinking and becoming incredibly stiff during spinners.
kutora
Seeing my score and starting to panic/heart starts racing.
That and letting go of the key like having my finger coming off the actual keycap when I'm trying to let go of the button... It makes single-taps a lot harder..
But I've been trying to fix that by playing stuff like Disconnected - Hellbinde. It feels really weird but also really satisfying.
Mvsk

Scintillate wrote:

discuss! one of my worst habit is my mind trys to make me fuck up when i have a high combo. like i start thinking about my breathing and blinking..
Same x(

and if there is a break near the end of a song on a high difficulty and have full combo up to there get nervous and end up screwing up the run / missing the next note. Sometimes also mistake a break near the end for the end of a song if it's a first time playing it. Throw the pen down. Think i full combo'd it. then a bunch of notes come out of nowhere and it's gameover.

Also have a bad habit of single tapping triplets. on higher bpm songs 200+ ish 3-4stars that's probably going to hold me back.
Raiken-
Cancel playing when missed a circle.
Back then.
Neo7
I have a tendency to let my shoulders creep upward into a shrug like pose when I'm in the middle of a song. It's very subtle and not that noticeable but it tends to make you more unstable and less relaxed (as it's an unnatural posture) and makes more prone to mistakes.
Kamirox
Charm
alternating stacked pairs of single taps instead of singletapping them pls help
Offended
Singing along to the song and get distracted by my horrible voice.
show more