What´s the best moment to learn AR10?

posted
Total Posts
65
show more
nooblet

GoldenWolf wrote:

Pengua wrote:

I was reading whack-a-mosu!* AR10 at 20k o.O
hue

@Rane

Yeah, I've been playing HR on songs I can SS/99.7+ with ease currently, they pretty much all end up at ~90% wth +5ms error (I guess AR 9.9 would be perfect? lol) 'cuz everything's late on average ... Unless I've practically memorized the map (like Wahrheit 'cuz I played that shit too much). Seems like it's gonna be a loooong time before I get used to this ...
chainpullz

nooblet wrote:

Yeah, I've been playing HR on songs I can SS/99.7+ with ease currently, they pretty much all end up at ~90% wth +5ms error (I guess AR 9.9 would be perfect? lol) 'cuz everything's late on average ... Unless I've practically memorized the map (like Wahrheit 'cuz I played that shit too much). Seems like it's gonna be a loooong time before I get used to this ...
Yeah, unless the map is just easy for me I have to retry like 20 times to get the rhythm internalized better. That and coffee. Coffee is the best mod that doesn't lower pp rewarded. I highly recommend playing HR + coffee.
Illkryn
I naturally picked up ar10 at around rank 20k doing multi with friends.

Dont' even bother with it m8, don't need it
Pengua

GoldenWolf wrote:

Pengua wrote:

I was reading whack-a-mole* AR10 at 20k o.O
Q.Q
No one loves me.
Not gonna lie though, it really was like whack-a-mole for a while before I got the hang of it.
B1rd
how can you claim to read AR10 when you don't even have any HR top ranks?
FlyingKebab

B1rd wrote:

how can you claim to read AR10 when you don't even have any HR top ranks?
Good point: 9.67 NC =/= 10/10.3

ALTHOUGH in all logical sense since AR doesn't give more PP why would he even do AR10 maps? And ofc DT>HR when it comes to PP but that's just my opinion.
RaneFire

B1rd wrote:

how can you claim to read AR10 when you don't even have any HR top ranks?
HR is not rewarding in the same way DT will give you a speed score for FC'ing a map. If you aren't getting within 2% of your nomod accuracy, you might as well play the map without HR and get the same pp. DT scores are essentially "different maps" in the sense that their pp values are so high compared to the nomod version, that there's no reason to play a map nomod if you can DT it, no matter what your accuracy is.

The kinds of maps you would have to play with HR to feature in your top performances are actually really difficult, in fact, they are probably the same maps as the nomod plays in your current top performances because of the required difficulty components to start with. Sticking HR on a map won't automatically make it worth a lot of pp. It has to already be a genuinely difficult map, and then you still have to perform as well as you would with nomod.

This is not really feasible for most people who start playing HR. As such, you will generally be able to read AR10 and play the simpler maps with HR, long before you start setting top performances with it, unless you don't already have many top performances.
B1rd

RaneFire wrote:

B1rd wrote:

how can you claim to read AR10 when you don't even have any HR top ranks?
HR is not rewarding in the same way DT will give you a speed score for FC'ing a map. If you aren't getting within 2% of your nomod accuracy, you might as well play the map without HR and get the same pp. DT scores are essentially "different maps" in the sense that their pp values are so high compared to the nomod version, that there's no reason to play a map nomod if you can DT it, no matter what your accuracy is.

The kinds of maps you would have to play with HR to feature in your top performances are actually really difficult, in fact, they are probably the same maps as the nomod plays in your current top performances because of the required difficulty components to start with. Sticking HR on a map won't automatically make it worth a lot of pp. It has to already be a genuinely difficult map, and then you still have to perform as well as you would with nomod.

This is not really feasible for most people who start playing HR. As such, you will generally be able to read AR10 and play the simpler maps with HR, long before you start setting top performances with it, unless you don't already have many top performances.
Well, accuracy is pretty overweighed in this game. If you have good enough acc to get 99%+ at AR9.8/10, then you can do much easier songs with HR and they will give more pp than harder no-mod ranks at AR7/8.

But in his case, even if he didn't have that great accuracy, if he could properly read AR10 (which IMO, means you can perform the same or better than you can at AR9) then he would definitely have HR scores in his top ranks.
RaneFire
You forget that HR affects CS as well. Aim is also a very large component on maps that are already difficult (already a high aim score), since speed score doesn't factor into HR at all.

In that case, performing as you would at AR9 doesn't apply. If I modify a map and only change it's AR to 10, I can perform just as well as I would at AR9, but that's not the same as what HR does, which increases the accuracy requirement (OD) and the aim requirement (CS). AR alone is negligible by comparison (and pp agrees too).

You try modify a difficult map that you have a good score on, and change only it's circle size (multiplied by 1.3x), and it's OD to 10, and tell me if you can perform exactly the same as the original map with the same level of consistency. These are real factors of difficulty and should also be considered.

You see, I've actually selected practice maps since about a year ago, where I've only changed the CS, and even setting it up by just 1 makes a drastic difference to my aim consistency. The reason I did that is because my aim isn't good, and it definitely needs work before I can play HR properly (acc isn't great either tbh).
chainpullz

RaneFire wrote:

You forget that HR affects CS as well. Aim is also a very large component on maps that are already difficult (already a high aim score), since speed score doesn't factor into HR at all.

In that case, performing as you would at AR9 doesn't apply. If I modify a map and only change it's AR to 10, I can perform just as well as I would at AR9, but that's not the same as what HR does, which increases the accuracy requirement (OD) and the aim requirement (CS). AR alone is negligible by comparison (and pp agrees too).

You try modify a difficult map that you have a good score on, and change only it's circle size (multiplied by 1.3x), and it's OD to 10, and tell me if you can perform exactly the same as the original map with the same level of consistency. These are real factors of difficulty and should also be considered.

You see, I've actually selected practice maps since about a year ago, where I've only changed the CS, and even setting it up by just 1 makes a drastic difference to my aim consistency. The reason I did that is because my aim isn't good, and it definitely needs work before I can play HR properly (acc isn't great either tbh).
Setting stream heavy maps to cs5.2 od10 is a good way to find out you actually suck at streaming too.
Pengua

B1rd wrote:

how can you claim to read AR10 when you don't even have any HR top ranks?
CS and OD kill me a lot. I can play most of my top ranked NC maps at AR9+NC at a similar accuracy.
nooblet

Pengua wrote:

B1rd wrote:

how can you claim to read AR10 when you don't even have any HR top ranks?
CS and OD kill me a lot. I can play most of my top ranked NC maps at AR9+NC at a similar accuracy.
Uhh aren't all of those in your top plays AR8 ...?

CS and OD increase difficulty, but it's the HP that kills you. HP 9.8 sometimes means you're dead with anything lower than a 95% FC, depending how many sliders / combos / draining breaks there are.
Pengua

nooblet wrote:

Uhh aren't all of those in your top plays AR8 ...?

CS and OD increase difficulty, but it's the HP that kills you. HP 9.8 sometimes means you're dead with anything lower than a 95% FC, depending how many sliders / combos / draining breaks there are.
Most of them are AR8, I edited to AR9 for practice.
buny
I wouldn't consider 150pp plays to be "reading ar10"
byfar
1.practice cs5 9.5ar + hr for hours

1.try airman, cs4 is as big as a fucking car, ar10 slow as a fucking snail turtle

1.proceed to hit every fucking note
Varetyr
edit : drunk

(actually no, but seriously byfar, AR8+ HR = 10. AR9+HR = 10. AR9.6+HR = 10. AR10+HR=10. got the idea? orz)
nrl

buny wrote:

when you can read ar9
ftfy
byfar

Varetyr wrote:

edit : drunk

(actually no, but seriously byfar, AR8+ HR = 10. AR9+HR = 10. AR9.6+HR = 10. AR10+HR=10. got the idea? orz)
wow then i must be hallucinating then. I couldve sworn i couldnt read ar10+hr
nrl
Most native ar10 maps are unranked and ridiculously hard.
buny

Narrill wrote:

Most native ar10 maps are unranked and ridiculously hard.
not entirely true on the latter
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply