forum

Proper playing posture

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kidlat020
Another "help me please" thread.

This time I'm gonna ask your sitting posture when playing. I'm currently playing in my bed with the keyboard basically just sitting on top of my lap. which means it can't get any worse eh?

As I'm about to buy a new desk (that I've been dreaming for over 5 years!), I'd like to ask how high/low should the desk be? are furniture desks of standard height? Is there anything that I should look out for?

how your arms sit in the desk? do you practically place all the weight in your desk, or do you retain some weight to yourself for that bounce back feeling in your fingers?

and finally, yes the fingers. I can simply imagine 1/8 or 1/16 notes would require fast fingers. But do you implement some kind of trick here? Do you let your fingers bounce off the keyboard when hitting keys?
silmarilen
Topic Starter
kidlat020
damn very helpful! I hope I get a 3% accuracy raise at least.
Bobbias
Proper posture may give you a small boost to accuracy, but changes are it's going to be relatively small. While correct posture is always good, the benefits from correct posture are likely going to be in stamina and in avoiding repetitive strain injuries.