forum

♣ kaosu! ♣ v1.05 [HD | SD] (osu!STD) (with explorer!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Nana ]

HOW TO UPDATE
Download the latest update and unpack the .rar file wherever you want. Then copy the contents of it (Bonus folder and Old Backup folder) inside the skin.

OVERVIEW
One of the minor project ideas I've had that actually became the real thing. What you see here is kaosu! - the skin made specifically to be customizable to your liking. The initial release, 1.0, contains the original skin together with some spare parts that you can replace the originals with. The goal of this skin is to offer as many spare parts as possible, allowing each and every player to be able to customize the skin with said parts to create his 'own' version of the skin.
Why 'kaosu!'? It's simple - a friend asked me to create a kawaii skin, so I put together 'ka' from 'kawaii' and the game name. Initially I didn't plan such ambitious project this became, but over time I thought putting together some kawaii elements wasn't enough, so I tried something I thought of earlier.

DETAILS
Name: kaosu!
Creator: Nanashi (or [ Nana ], as my name on osu states)
Theme: Kawaii content
Version: 1.05
Download: Click!
Size: 67.2 MB

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
  1. The scorebar is CUSTOMIZABLE - you can change it so that it displays your avatar/chosen image and your name. For more details and tutorial head over to Bonus/Customizable Scorebar.
  2. If you have problems adding your avatar/name to the scorebar, send me a PM titled 'Scorebar Request' and include in it your desired image and name. I'll send you a prepared scorebar.
  3. This skin is intended to be updated a LOT with MORE bonus content. If you want to see something added, please post below with your idea, I'll consider it!
  4. ALL opinions are WELCOME! I want to hear everything that's good and bad about this skin - just post below with your word on it. I repeat - EVERY OPINION COUNTS!

TRANSLATORS
  1. Wenedpoh - to Spanish

NOTE
ALL of the skin elements I've included are made by me, EXCEPT for the sounds - all of the sounds have been taken from other skins and have been used on a whole lot of skins by various people already. I ADMIT that I DID NOT create the sounds, however, since other people have also used said sounds, I don't see a problem with including them in this skin.
IF BY A CHANCE YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF ONE OR MORE OF THE SOUNDS, AND WANT TO BE CREDITED/DO NOT WISH FOR THESE SOUNDS TO BE INCLUDED IN MY SKIN, PM ME WITH ANY PROOF THAT YOU ARE THE CREATOR AND YOUR DECISION REGARDING THE SOUNDS, I DO NOT WISH FOR ANY PROBLEMS TO BE BORN SO I WILL EXECUTE THE CHANGES YOU WISH FOR AT ONCE.

SCREENSHOTS (original skin)

CHANGELOG

v.1.05
  1. No changes to the original skin.
  2. Finished the development of kaosu!explorer! The instructions are built in. The program comes in two languages: Polish and English, and I'm planning to add more whenever I get anybody to actually translate a few sentences for me.
  3. Worth mentioning: Deleting the new Old Backup folder will make the kaosu!explorer totally useless, so just keep it there.
v1.01
  1. Fixed the scorebar-colour interfering with scorebar-bg.
  2. Changed the slider so that it's half-transparent.
  3. Added more Bonus content:
    - new ComboColor
    - 4 new Hitcircles
    - new Hitscores (separated the Invisible 300s as well so that you can now decide whether or not you want them invisible)
    - 2 new ScorebarColours
  4. Fixed "TheDoctorIsThere's" inappropriate SliderBorder colour (read the readme.txt in said folder).
  5. Changed the folder names inside Bonus so that they no longer contain space (with some exceptions).
  6. Started development of kaosu!explorer, an user-friendly simple program that will allow you to change the contents as you please in an automatized process. It will be a file explorer allowing you to browse through the content of Bonus folder, preview the selected elements and implement them into the skin (with an automatic backup of the existing elements beforehand), or restore the backups it has made before. So far the program allows browsing, but it will need quite a bit of work to implement the other functions before I can release it.
Riesu
10/10 skin, I look forward to the content you will bring to it in the future!

Edit: Needs more Jibril. xD
nat2011
more skins mode like mania,ctb etc
Stalactic
Looks great so far :D
I'm waiting for that updates with BONUS content.

I like the concept and i hope this project will grow really really big.
I'm waiting for "make yourself your own skin" package that weights 3GB.
I wish you luck(and future skinners that hopefully will join you)
Keep up the good work :)
Topic Starter
[ Nana ]

[ Jibby ] wrote:

10/10 skin, I look forward to the content you will bring to it in the future!

Edit: Needs more Jibril. xD
Jibril will come along with new hit images and Grisaia content. :P

nat2011 wrote:

more skins mode like mania,ctb etc
It's planned already, but first I need to see if this skin gets enough recognition to expand it even more. That's why I ask for opinions. ;)

TenderFeeling wrote:

Looks great so far :D
I'm waiting for that updates with BONUS content.

I like the concept and i hope this project will grow really really big.
I'm waiting for "make yourself your own skin" package that weights 3GB.
I wish you luck(and future skinners that hopefully will join you)
Keep up the good work :)
Gonna try not to disappoint you. :P
If everyone learns Photoshop this pack will come lol xD
Topic Starter
[ Nana ]
Update 1.01 released. I'm a little bit let down with the amount of replies it got, so I'll just add a poll and let you vote that way in 1.10. Until then, I will really REALLY appreciate any reply this thread gets. The more, the better!
Yes, the next update will be 1.10 - it will contain the files for another game mode, and hopefully kaosu!explorer.
You can read more about the update below.

v1.01
  1. Fixed the scorebar-colour interfering with scorebar-bg.
  2. Changed the slider so that it's half-transparent.
  3. Added more Bonus content:
    - new ComboColor
    - 4 new Hitcircles
    - new Hitscores (separated the Invisible 300s as well so that you can now decide whether or not you want them invisible)
    - 2 new ScorebarColours
  4. Fixed "TheDoctorIsThere's" inappropriate SliderBorder colour (read the readme.txt in said folder).
  5. Changed the folder names inside Bonus so that they no longer contain space (with some exceptions).
  6. Started development of kaosu!explorer, an user-friendly simple program that will allow you to change the contents as you please in an automatized process. It will be a file explorer allowing you to browse through the content of Bonus folder, preview the selected elements and implement them into the skin (with an automatic backup of the existing elements beforehand), or restore the backups it has made before. So far the program allows browsing, but it will need quite a bit of work to implement the other functions before I can release it.
Wene
I liked the skin, it's very nice to play with and the idea of making a personalizable skin to adapt to ones own likes is amazing
Hope it will become more popular ^^
Cheers

Customizable Experience of Cuteness??!?!?

Topic Starter
[ Nana ]
Thanks for the support. ^^

A quick update, I'm nearly done creating kaosu!explorer!
To make it more appealing to people, I've decided to add a language selection to it. This far I've got two languages covered: Polish (my native one, duh!) and English (cause most people speak it). I'll be adding more languages over time. Though, since I'm not a polyglote, I'll need help creating them.
If you wish to help me translate kaosu!explorer to your native language, please PM me. I'll send you a list of English sentences to translate (not that many! Just a few ones) and once you send the translated list to me, I'll make sure that you are credited for your work.
ERRA
Download was very slow for me then I got an error and now can't download. Not sure if it's just for me, i'll try again later.
Mathsma
I had to download the Mega chrome app to get it to work. Great skin, might want to mirror it on another site just in case this is a common issue.
Topic Starter
[ Nana ]

InHeartsWake wrote:

Download was very slow for me then I got an error and now can't download. Not sure if it's just for me, i'll try again later.

Mathsma wrote:

I had to download the Mega chrome app to get it to work. Great skin, might want to mirror it on another site just in case this is a common issue.
Added a mirror OneDrive link. Should there be any more mirrors, just suggest me which service to use for it, since mediafire broke on my end and MEGA was the only reasonable one apart mediafire that I've used.

Also, update 1.05! This time no changes in the skin itself, but it's the release time of kaosu!explorer!
The instructions on how to update are in the first post, along with the download link for the update itself. The instructions on how to use the program are built in, so if you press the bottom button it will tell you what to do.
So far it comes with Polish and English version, but more are planned - if I get somebody to translate a few sentences for me (these two languages are the only ones I'm fluent at, and using Google Translate is a no-no).
-Annie
Hi i have a problem with making my player bar
...uh..i was think ...can you make me one maybe ._. ? :?
Topic Starter
[ Nana ]

-Annie wrote:

Hi i have a problem with making my player bar
...uh..i was think ...can you make me one maybe ._. ? :?
Sure, gonna PM it to you in 5 minutes.
- Fumpy Lilac -
Yay a new skn :)
Is not cring ;3