forum

keep missing Z

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blanky
I'm having a really troublesome problem with my middle finger. Whenever there is a triplet or stream, my middle finger is bent too much, so instead of hitting the z button, I keep hitting alt. I have been trying to fix this problem, but nothing is working. anybody else have this problem? I use tk quickfire red switch

This problem started occurring sometime this week.
Bauxe
Change your second key to alt?

Play the game more?

Try to break the habit?

Have you really not thought of any of these before?
Topic Starter
Blanky

Bauxe wrote:

Change your second key to alt?

Play the game more?

Try to break the habit?

Have you really not thought of any of these before?
I have considered all of them.

It's not a 100% chance I miss z, and it hurts my hand to stream diagonally. I'm still playing and trying to break the habit as we 'speak'. Hopefully it will work out.
Vuelo Eluko
fix your angle m8
GoldenWolf
Practice streams/triples on REALLY slow speed and work on your technique to slowly break the habit
Repeat on faster tempos once you stop doing it on slower ones, and until you completely stop doing it on any speed
Ishkiz
You could also try using a higher row on the keyboard so your fingers aren't quite as bent. Might help, might not. I use A/S because it's more comfortable for me.
be like FunOrange and use three fingers to smash the kb m8
Noobsicle
take out your shift key cap when playing osu!

prabrem solvedu
Seenko_
Maybe the keys are too close to each other for your finger to hit them, try to play using Z/C to click? I currently use J/G to play and it works really well ;)
Oinari-sama
Or consider diagonal key combos (eg D/Z) to suit.
Ichi
same problem, currently trying to fix. frustrating because i end up fucking my streams for that reason. Just try to adjust the keyboard angle, play with it for a bit and then change back. seems to have worked for me.
Insyni
Sorry for my ignorance, but people play without both fingers touching their keys constantly?
Topic Starter
Blanky
I thought only osu! Mania players kept their fingers on the keys?
AzureRin
Try keeping your finger on the key, I dont see a reason to not do so 0.0
Ichi

DustyFfy wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance, but people play without both fingers touching their keys constantly?

Well yea some people lift all of their other fingers while single tapping, seems to give more speed to some people, and sometimes you can mess up when trying to tap with your middle finger because it goes too low.
Insyni

Ichi wrote:

DustyFfy wrote:

Well yea some people lift all of their other fingers while single tapping, seems to give more speed to some people, and sometimes you can mess up when trying to tap with your middle finger because it goes too low.
I see... Thanks!