forum

Spawn Of Possession - Apparition

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyxa

Yoeri wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

They most likely feel unnecessarily hard because you simply can't judge them properly. Nothing's wrong with that, but I too can't judge this map properly since it's just so far above my skill level.
By this logic the BNs who ranked this map couldn't judge it properly and probably most of the people modding it couldn't either. Who's even allowed to judge if that's the standard to go by?
You never asked him what would make for a proper judge and went with "By this logic" while replying to something that was only loosely relevant to his post.

FYI, the ability to judge a map properly comes from having a proper understanding of creativity, aesthetics, and flow/playability, and imo every BN (since they're supposed to be the "upper bar" modders who judge and qualify maps) should therefore qualify to judge this map, and when they can't at the very least I'd expect honesty about it. The BN's judged it, 3 of them deemed it to be worthy and I still managed to squeeze in a reasonably bulky mod before the third bubble. Now let's just wait and see if the QATs agree.
GoldenWolf

Artorias wrote:

I still stand that the OD could be lowered to 9.5 probably, what kind of noteblock are you going to get with OD9.5 that you're gonna fix with OD10?
Mostly notelock, where'd you miss a previous circle and when trying to click the next one, you're still in the hit window of the previous circle, thus you can't click the next and you get screwed over the whole stream. OD10 allow you to avoid that, I'd even say OD10 makes the map easier to pass.
silmarilen
i dont see a reason to lower od. accuracy isnt even the problem with this map, and by the time it does become the problem it will be a good way to see who is actually the best instead of seeing the same old topscore list with everybody 99+ acc. and like gowo said at the top of this page, how much of a difference is od9.5 compared to od10 anyway? especially on a map like this. it's really not a reason to dq this imo.

there is no such thing as too high od on extra diffs, only too low.
Cherry Blossom
The day will come when a player will be able to get A rank on this map nomod. You still can hope for now.
Let's see what will happen in a few days. To be honest, QATs will have much headache with this map x)
Artorias_DELETED

Cherry Blossom wrote:

The day will come when a player will be able to get A rank on this map nomod. You still can hope for now.
Let's see what will happen in a few days. To be honest, QATs will have much headache with this map x)
rrtyui can easily get an A and a good combo on this. Reimu got a 93% "almost" pass on stream.

I assume Hvick will get a good score on it as well because he is so fast and can do the 270 streams and the fast jumps.
HERE WE FUCKING GO BOYS

Artorias wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

rrtyui can easily get an A and a good combo on this. Reimu got a 93% "almost" pass on stream.

I assume Hvick will get a good score on it as well because he is so fast and can do the 270 streams and the fast jumps.
i think you are overestimating the skill of the players in this game
DT-sama

Artorias wrote:

I still stand that the OD could be lowered to 9.5 probably, what kind of noteblock are you going to get with OD9.5 that you're gonna fix with OD10?
Good question. Let's find out.
Let's say an OD is good enough for a certain bpm if you can always hit an early 300 after missing a jump, like 180bpm OD7.
This map's bpm mostly fluctuates between 240~250bpm and has a long 270bpm section full of singletaps, so let's take those three bpms.

OD9 is no good:
240bpm - almost half of the hit window of early 300s (~ 25ms) is taken by the previous circle's hit window. The early hit window is effectively restricted to 15ms. As people usually hit jumps earlier when they miss one, this is pretty bad.
250bpm - same as above, but now you have 10ms.
270bpm - you can't hit the note perfectly on time, but you can hit it like 2ms late.

OD9.5 doesn't improve the situation by much:
240bpm - you can hit early 300s (you must be at least ~2ms late actually), but not early 100s, barely acceptable.
250bpm - you only have 15ms of early 300s. Not acceptable.
270bpm - you can actually hit the note on time now, but you can't hit it earlier than ~5ms.

OD10, which is the best we can do, and it is barely acceptable:
240bpm - no complaints here, OD10 is decent for 240bpm jumps.
250bpm - can't hit early 100s, OD10 is barely acceptable here.
270bpm - half of the early 300s hit window is gone. But the 270bpm singletaps in the map aren't jumpy at all, they could play like a stream, for which OD10 is more than enough.

Nomod ODs for streams of this bpm are simply hopeless, with OD9.5 being relatively worse than OD8 on 200bpm.
OD8 on 200bpm streams means that if you miss a note in a stream, you'll have to start streaming at least 45ms late to not notelock. On OD8, that means you'll be streaming 100s about ~13ms later than what you'd need to get 300.
Likewise, missing a note in a OD9.5 250bpm stream means that you'll end up streaming at least 45ms late. The difference is that, to get 300, you should've have started streaming ~23ms earlier, and you're closer to getting 50 than to getting 300. So, to compensate, you'll have to overstream faster/for more time, at a higher bpm to boot.
OD10 is still worse than OD8 on 200bpm, but you'll be streaming 40ms late, and you have only a ~18ms disadvantage to recover.
Even OD7 DT would've been better, in fact it would've been great, its hitwindow for 50s in 87ms, compared to the 100ms of OD10.

TL;DR: nomod OD's hit windows for 50s fucking suck and notelock everything, OD10 is a must on this map because of that. Play DT for saner hit window scaling.
Ciyus Miapah
i feel agree with od10
since od9 and 9.5 will made this map harder
high od for harder maps for high players

well i hope this map didnt dqed for some "additional" reason
Purple
Glad to see this type of music get through the ranking process
Kaguya Hourain
Holy god
Spaghetti
>inb4 highest standard pp play ever on HT
Maeglwn
good song, but not for osu

at all

od10 is also completely insane, have fun with that one
OmegaR

Maeglwn wrote:

at all

And wh was?
Bass
He probably meant by that Mazzerin's beatmap is unplayable for most of people while "wh" can be played normally without problems.
Maeglwn

Wookiezi wrote:

Maeglwn wrote:

at all

And wh was?
why wouldn't it be? it's a song that has a stable bpm, has a good under 2 minute timer for the general mass of community, and featured a vast majority of difficulty settings to appeal to every player.

and it made people laugh while listening to it

honestly I think it was everything this game needs

regardless, my unranked map isn't the point, the point is the map at hand here. I love this song but honestly songs like this are too out there for most of the community
Stefan
Does wh became to a bad meme or why does it always get called for a bad example? Anyway, I'd say it's that what Bass said, though this requires more opinion from top-tier players to be judged properly. Complaining about the Difficulty of the map won't help and lead anywhere if you can't pass it.
Jenny
Can't say the over-the-top level of difficulty clashes with the song since it's just batshit insane - can't so much criticize the map for being ""wrong"" as you could question the song being decent fit for a rhythm game.

Either way, since this game's content is entirely communitydriven, cases like this are to be expected and well within those boundries.
Sure, it's brutally hard and just entirely crazy and probably not extremely enjoyable to more than 5-10 people, but that's not what an unrank should be about - I looked through the entire map and besides slider leniency being used quite wonkily (much less so than in 95% of other maps), there's no issue in terms of improper mapping.

Yes it's ugly, yes it's brutal, but if you're gonna have firstly a rhytm game that is secondly driven by the community, then this is what you are going to end up with: a free choice of song and the mapper's interpretation as such. A tame and super-consistent snap of 1.2x 1.6 SV @160 BPM wouldn't really do it justice, as ugly as the song is.

Also, what's a "wh"?

Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Maeglwn wrote:

why wouldn't it be? it's a song that has a stable bpm, has a good under 2 minute timer for the general mass of community, and featured a vast majority of difficulty settings to appeal to every player.

and it made people laugh while listening to it

honestly I think it was everything this game needs

regardless, my unranked map isn't the point, the point is the map at hand here. I love this song but honestly songs like this are too out there for most of the community
oh come on, there are probably at least 500 people who can play it properly and 1/10th of them should be able to pass, it's not even that bad. alumetorz said he was surprised the star rating was that high until he saw the solo
Maeglwn

Mazzerin wrote:

oh come on, there are probably at least 500 people who can play it properly and 1/10th of them should be able to pass, it's not even that bad. alumetorz said he was surprised the star rating was that high until he saw the solo
the song

the song

the song

Maeglwn wrote:

the song
hoozimajiget

Maeglwn wrote:

I love this song but honestly songs like this are too out there for most of the community
No one was up in arms about this when Bal-Sagoth was ranked, why now?
Maeglwn

hoozimajiget wrote:

Maeglwn wrote:

I love this song but honestly songs like this are too out there for most of the community
No one was up in arms about this when Bal-Sagoth was ranked, why now?
because I didn't notice or care about balsagoth

somebody showed this to me so I felt the need to comment
Sieg

Maeglwn wrote:

Mazzerin wrote:

the song

the song

the song

Maeglwn wrote:

the song
the variety
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Maeglwn wrote:

the song

the song

the song

Maeglwn wrote:

the song
whats wrong with the song?? ive never seen any anime and i cant see any artistic value or meaning in 99% of those songs where the vocalists pretend theyre 7 years old. however you dont seeme complaining about it in every thread where some awful anime song is ranked. im not waiting for anyone else to start mapping music i like, and so im doing it all by myself. you dont like it, you dont play it, its not that hard to ignore it
Kasie
For some reason this looks more easy than time freeze, maybe the hp drain is too generous? 6/7 clears already, I hope it stays ranked, these songs benefit the community
7ambda

Zeugmax wrote:

For some reason this looks more easy than time freeze, maybe the hp drain is too generous? 6/7 clears already, I hope it stays ranked, these songs benefit the community
I think it's harder, even if it has lower hp drain. There hasn't been one HT fc yet.
Ciyus Miapah
oh come one we're just an minority on here, not like an otaku and anime tv size songs fans

probably metalcore is very good song here.

and this just a game, why so serious :D
ac8129464363
are we seriously complaining about song choice e_e

let people try to map whatever they want, the quality of the map is the only thing that should show in the end
Maeglwn

Mazzerin wrote:

whats wrong with the song?? ive never seen any anime and i cant see any artistic value or meaning in 99% of those songs where the vocalists pretend theyre 7 years old. however you dont seeme complaining about it in every thread where some awful anime song is ranked. im not waiting for anyone else to start mapping music i like, and so im doing it all by myself. you dont like it, you dont play it, its not that hard to ignore it
holy shit man, are you just going so far off the deep end that you're completely not reading anything I say

I already said I liked the song in 2 different posts literally within 10 minutes of each other, please read

you're misinterpreting everything I'm saying apparently
A Mystery

Maeglwn wrote:

at all

Mazzerin wrote:

hoozimajiget

A Mystery wrote:

Maeglwn wrote:

at all

And how is this any less appropriate for osu! than the songs with 'adult' lyrics (i.e Gigantic O.T.N, Shotgun Symphony and Border of Ecstasy, Thomas the Weed Engine... etc there are many many more) and all the not-quite-hentai background images used for many maps?
Topic Starter
Mazzerin
how is it not perfect for osu? its technical as hell, meaning there's lots of variety. its fast and aggressive, makes you want to fucking smash your keyboard like a monkey when playing it and in the end it works! remember its probably impossible to make something this difficult if you choose your everyday random 180 bpm song, maybe the song doesnt fit easy/normal difficulties, but that doesnt mean a top difficulty wont work. i know what you mean by 'not for osu', but its not this song, sorry. not for osu would be something like this or just about any 280+ song (320 on this one)
Flanster
Please njoy gaem.
Lust
Howdy! On behalf on the QAT, I must disqualify this beatmap for the following reasons:
  1. Lack of quality, especially in regards to flow and other gameplay-related mechanics. There are plenty of misleading patterns, sharp angles, messy structures, and incorrect beat placement found throughout the difficulty.
  2. Incorrect timing signature, 03:23:440 - should be set to 3/4, not to 4/4.
  3. Incorrectly snapped objects. 04:50:486 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - is not in 1/3, rather it is 1/2
The QAT has found this map to not be suitable for the ranked status at this time. This is largely due to the heavy amounts of inconsistent gameplay mechanics the mapper has utilized. While the song is erratic in nature, this does not excuse the various issues this difficulty presents. Below are examples of specific problems that are found throughout the map, please use them to help fix the problems and to avoid any future disqualifications.
[Blind Faith]
  1. 00:55:569 (1,2,3,4) - Really poor flow, coupled with a lack of basis in the music calls for a very sharp play that is very unnatural. The angles that are presented here are too harsh when taking the surrounding patterns into consideration.
  2. 00:57:319 (5,1) - Wildly inconsistent spacing. There are plenty of instances where spacing manipulation is abused to either fit the pattern or ignore musical cues. Please go through the difficulty and iron out any areas where the beat placement can be improved.
  3. 00:59:569 (1,2,4,5) - These overlapping patterns make things hard to read due to the rotating nature of the play. This can be very misleading, as 00:59:944 (4,5) - can be obscured when they appear, further worsened by the fact the player has to move outwards to 00:59:819 (3) - .
  4. 01:06:069 (4,5,1,2) - Due to the flow and the way the pattern is set up, it is easy for the player to get lost here. The sharp change in direction doesn't help either. Try to make each note more noticeable by unstacking or supply flow so the play is more natural.
  5. 01:10:569 (1,1) - This pause is incredibly awkward due to the extreme momentum the previous pattern gave off. Needs to be spaced out further, not to mention the streams kill the momentum even more.
  6. 01:25:819 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Awkward stream pattern. This can be executed better by decreasing the spacing between the jumps, especially between 01:26:194 (3,1) -
  7. 01:28:819 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - While this is a pretty pattern, it kills virtually all the momentum from the previous streams, thus making 01:29:819 (1,2,1) - extremely difficult to maneuver
  8. 02:00:069 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,1,2,3,4) - Heavy spacing inconsistencies. Things like this can be found throughout the difficulty
  9. 04:31:526 (1,2,3,4) - Strange anti-jump that appears out of nowhere, killing the momentum from the previous play making the next pattern more awkward
  10. 04:38:006 (2,3,4,5,1,2,1) - Strange spacing increase for pretty much the same rhythms as before
  11. 04:56:006 (1,2,3,4,1) - Sudden spacing decrease for the same rhythm as 04:52:166 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1) -
  12. 05:00:326 (1,2,3,4,5) - The upward and downward motions here creates a sort of movement that is very awkward when taken into account the movement upwards, the movement to the side and downwards, followed by the movement back upwards
In conclusion, the QAT is not satisfied with the quality of this beatmap. Please take into account all that has been said here, apply it to improve the set as a whole. What has been pointed out are examples, and not every single instance of areas that require changing. The BNG will handle the requalification of this beatmap. Good luck!

If you would like to contest this disqualification, please click here.

###CM
Topic Starter
Mazzerin
feel free to drop your suggestions everyone, gonna get it done again tomorrow
extra thanks to the bns who made their sacrifice #1 : )
Yauxo
If I find the time to I might pm you ingane and go over some of the mentioned problems if you feel like doing so
-NeBu-
I never tried and i'm so bad mapper, but i want to try:

00:57:319 (5) - - i think reverse selection for this reverse slider can fit well to this triangle.
01:26:319 (1,2,3) - - this space is overfiretrucked for me :D
07:10:272 (1,2,3,4) - little bit smaller scale for those four circles would be nice
07:24:272 (1,2,3) - a bit overspaced [?] as the hardest part of map in my opinion

dont take it serious, im just cunt mapper, dont blame me pls, gl hf <3
Setz
I feel really bad for the QAT when it comes to stuff like this.

I don't even know how the flying fuck you can begin to look at something like this in an objective manner, but no matter what, people are going to bitch and complain about them when something like this gets DQed.

definitely a job i do not envy
Nathan

Mazzerin wrote:

feel free to drop your suggestions everyone, gonna get it done again tomorrow
extra thanks to the bns who made their sacrifice #1 : )
I honestly doubt this will make any progress without a remap. Especially being disqualified over many fundamental gameplay issues, not just technical problems (as stated in the DQ post).

Good luck anyways~
ziin

Lust wrote:

Howdy! On behalf on the QAT, I must disqualify this beatmap for the following reasons:
  1. Lack of quality, especially in regards to flow and other gameplay-related mechanics. There are plenty of misleading patterns, sharp angles, messy structures, and incorrect beat placement found throughout the difficulty.
  2. Incorrect timing signature, 03:23:440 - should be set to 3/4, not to 4/4.
  3. Incorrectly snapped objects. 04:50:486 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - is not in 1/3, rather it is 1/2
Lack of quality - opinion
Incorrect timing signature - fact
Incorrectly snapped objects - fact

Let us hate on the QATs for their opinions that make little sense in a 7* map. Misleading patterns, sharp angles, and messy structures are a key component of making beatmaps difficult. Just because one person does not enjoy this type of difficulty doesn't mean others don't.

Let's not hate on the QATs for doing their job 100% correctly. Thank you for doing your job.

For the storyboard:
Did you mean to use 2 scales and 2 moves on whatsolo.jpg?
Sprite,Background,Centre,"SB/whatsolo.jpg",320,240
_M,0,402807,,320,240
_S,0,402807,,0.625
_M,0,402807,468522,320,240
_S,0,402807,468522,0.6366451
_F,0,414807,428093,0,0.333
Seems to me like both of the Moves and one of the scales aren't needed at all. Just my opinion, but I don't think you should zoom in here.
Ciyus Miapah
ow kay, lets take a look again on this beatmap
show more