forum

Spawn Of Possession - Apparition

posted
Total Posts
show more
A Mystery
Am I the only one thinking this maps lacks quality and needs a lot more work before ranking?

Oh boy I gave my opinion, guess some people are not going to be able to handle it. Why am I even involving myself with this
OmegaR

A Mystery wrote:

Am I the only one thinking this maps lacks quality and needs a lot more work before ranking?

Oh boy I gave my opinion, guess some people are not going to be able to handle it. Why am I even involving myself with this
It has 14 mods, I don't see the issue with it

Nhawak wrote:

what

deetz wrote:

The.
fuck
A Mystery

Wookiezi wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

It has 14 mods, I don't see the issue with it
Since when does the amount of mods equal the quality of a map?
I'm sorry but that doesn't mean anything.
Rapthorn

A Mystery wrote:

Since when does the amount of mods equal the quality of a map?
I'm sorry but that doesn't mean anything.
If you actaully have problems with the map, no one is stopping you from pointing it out in a mod, as the chance of it making it to full ranking without ever having its bubble burst is pretty slim. Complaining is fine, but you can at least be constructive about it.
A Mystery

DankHomie wrote:

If you actaully have problems with the map, no one is stopping you from pointing it out in a mod, as the chance of it making it to full ranking without ever having its bubble burst is pretty slim. Complaining is fine, but you can at least be constructive about it.
But I'm not even complaining, it's just something I thought about it, an opinion, and I don't feel obligated to mod it. It's just that some things looked so... random to me (judging from a quick look in the editor). I can't understand what the mappers' intentions are, I know that, but it doesn't look ready to me.
OmegaR

A Mystery wrote:

DankHomie wrote:

But I'm not even complaining, it's just something I thought about it, an opinion, and I don't feel obligated to mod it. It's just that some things looked so... random to me (judging from a quick look in the editor). I can't understand what the mappers' intentions are, I know that, but it doesn't look ready to me.
Well, as one of the BNG has given this a look over and deemed it rankable, I'd say it's ready. A quick look in the editor compared to a full in-depth analysis by multiple BNG members isn't much.
iiyo
ayy lmao
A Mystery
That is true, however, it can't be denied that there are a lot of maps lately getting qualified which are definitely not ready, resulting in an unqualification right after that. I'm afraid it will just be the case with this one, one of the reasons being that it's extremely hard. Unqualifying a map shouldn't be natural, so I recommend the mapper to at least get an in-depth look by a QAT for example, just to be sure.
Spaghetti
>inb4 popped cuz tags are wrong :^)
SmoreJoy

A Mystery wrote:

That is true, however, it can't be denied that there are a lot of maps lately getting qualified which are definitely not ready, resulting in an unqualification right after that. I'm afraid it will just be the case with this one, one of the reasons being that it's extremely hard. Unqualifying a map shouldn't be natural, so I recommend the mapper to at least get an in-depth look by a QAT for example, just to be sure.
I agree with this. Unqualification should not be happening as often as it is, the map should checked thoroughly enough to where unqualification is unlikely.

Although having all maps that are bubbled being ranked would make the bubbling process useless, as the point of it seems to be its ability to attract more mods to a map before the beatmap itself is set into stone.
Nathan
I highly recommend you at least get a mod from someone like Ekoro, jesus1412 or Alumetorz.
Woddles

A Mystery wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

sukiNathan wrote:

I highly recommend you at least get a mod from someone like Ekoro, jesus1412 or Alumetorz.
Why? So that people can complain afterwards something like "just because you got X player to mod it doesn't make it any more rankable"?
_mrcool

Seafighter wrote:

This is epic
But, How is anyone going to FC this if its 7.83 stars ?
why should it matter? time freeze is ranked and no one has come really close to FCing it
Woddles
My only suggestion for this map would be to lower the OD slightly, even to 9.5~ or so.
Artorias_DELETED

_mrcool wrote:

Seafighter wrote:

This is epic
But, How is anyone going to FC this if its 7.83 stars ?
why should it matter? time freeze is ranked and no one has come really close to FCing it
Doomsday got a 1600x combo but failed. That would be quite a lot of PP if he passed that.

Time Freeze is FC-able. Guys like rrtyui and cookiezi could FC Time Freeze.
Nathan

Woddles wrote:

sukiNathan wrote:

Why? So that people can complain afterwards something like "just because you got X player to mod it doesn't make it any more rankable"?
hm idk maybe cause
Their abilities to mod a map like this would be stronger than others?
BAM
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

A Mystery wrote:

then feel free to point out whatever you think lacks quality

sukiNathan wrote:

neither accepted a request before
XII

CptBlackBird wrote:

if anyone passes this map I will die
Few people have already.
Kynan
I'll mod this for you :
fack your cs4.5 jumps
OD10 op but necessary so ok
rest is cool pls keep the bursts at the end

Kappa
kleps

Kynan wrote:

I'll mod this for you :
fack your cs4.5 jumps
OD10 op but necessary so ok
rest is cool pls keep the bursts at the end

Kappa
dank mod, 420/10
Monstrata
I thought i'd throw my two cents in here, seeing as this map is getting quite some attention. Short mod, since i'm nowhere near the skill level required to adequately judge gameplay on this map lol.

1. Combo colors 3 and 4 are really similar... to the point where its actually very difficult to tell them apart even in editor. (I'm using default skin).
  2. 00:58:319 (1,2,1) - Feels weird to have a large jump from 1>2 and then a small jump and good flow into 00:58:569 (1) - . Shouldn't you be putting some emphasis onto that note? You did so with these patterns:00:56:444 (2,1) - Using a flow break, 01:00:444 (2,1) - Flow break too, and01:04:444 (2,1) - And here.
  3. 01:08:444 (2,1) - ^ Should have a harsher flow, that or emphasize this transition somehow.
  4. 01:11:819 (1,2,3,1) - Imo, spacing like this can be hard to read because you use the same spacing for 1/2 gaps (01:11:819 (1,2,3) - ) and 1/1 gaps (01:12:069 (3,1) - ). Like, try moving 2 to coordinates 410||179 for better clarity.
  5. 01:15:569 (9,1,2,3,1) - Spacing could also be improved here imo, for better clarity.
  6. 01:31:069 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Idk man... this shape looks a bit weird compared to the shape you used for the first half of the stream.
  7. 02:37:569 (1,2,3,4) - Wish you could improve this slider formation a bit so there's no overlap with 1>4
  8. 02:46:818 (2) - Are you sure this is even audible enough to be mapped to a circle? i think making 1 a slider would be better honestly.
  9. 04:28:166 (1,2,3,4) - Imo using 1/2 sliders here would improve the transition back into 250 bpm. You can keep the circles for the rest of this section, i just feel immediately beginning with circles might be too harsh, ad using sliders can give players slightly more time to adjust.
I mean, the target-range for this map is already pretty small... I wonder how many players can actually play this map at a level where they can actually critique it's gameplay. But imo, the map as a whole is cohesive, and rhythm is consistent for the most part. There were some parts where I had to disagree with the way notes were spaced, as well as how flow and emphasis were used, but as a whole its honestly well done. Plus, these issues I brought up might not even be relevant to the playerbase it is intended for... (All the more reason to find more opinions from pro players and mappers with experience mapping 7 stars+)

Good luck!
Henri
Small circles ;_;
Pappy

Woddles wrote:

sukiNathan wrote:

Because they can play this map? I wonder if somebody who modded this can play this.
Topic Starter
Mazzerin
i obviously did talk about it with a few players like doomsday, jesus, alumetorz, bahamete, lahpnya, ril, -ackane, -gn and the feedback was mostly positive except for some super irritating patterns ive already changed. they didnt want to fully mod it though, which is understandable
Woddles

sukiNathan wrote:

Because they can play this map? I wonder if somebody who modded this can play this.
Jesus and alumetorz yes, not so much Ekoro (no offense) since he is more of an EZ mod player which I don't think would be very good for giving judgements on difficulty for this level of map.

Also the point of my original post was to point out that regardless of who testplay/mods the map, there will always be people to complain about the map not being adequately tested and modded.
OmegaR

Woddles wrote:

sukiNathan wrote:

Jesus and alumetorz yes, not so much Ekoro (no offense) since he is more of an EZ mod player which I don't think would be very good for giving judgements on difficulty for this level of map.

Also the point of my original post was to point out that regardless of who testplay/mods the map, there will always be people to complain about the map not being adequately tested and modded.
Ekoro mapped 'Everything will Freeze' though.
Topic Starter
Mazzerin
changed all except

monstrata wrote:

1. 01:08:444 (2,1) - ^ Should have a harsher flow, that or emphasize this transition somehow.
    it already breaks on 01:08:194 (5,1) - here, so i won't change that even more
  2. 01:31:069 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Idk man... this shape looks a bit weird compared to the shape you used for the first half of the stream.
    uh it's completely fine no big curves or anything just a nice stream
  3. 02:46:818 (2) - Are you sure this is even audible enough to be mapped to a circle? i think making 1 a slider would be better honestly.
    YES I AM SURE
Nathan

Woddles wrote:

Pappy wrote:

Why does that matter? What matters is that they'll probably of greater benefit to the map than others (although they rejected Mazzerin's request already).
Also quote correctly please, that was Pappy not me...
-NeBu-
It's not that hard actually as you think - just take a look. There are only 240bpm streams, like 3/4 jump parts, one hard for tap because of 270bpm and CS4.5 with spaced streams and 130~~bpm jumps.
The reason why this have 7.8* is spaceing on streams and CS - like with Time Freeze - i think its rankable and cool. Good luck.

PS. This short 140bpm stacked streams in 1/8 (06:36:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - - its like 300bpm? or less/more?
gregest

IVo one wrote:

CptBlackBird wrote:

if anyone passes this map I will die
Few people have already.
oh,brb have to suicide real quick
OmegaR

NeBuSC2 wrote:

It's not that hard actually as you think - just take a look. There are only 240bpm streams, like 3/4 jump parts, one hard for tap because of 270bpm and CS4.5 with spaced streams and 130~~bpm jumps.
The reason why this have 7.8* is spaceing on streams and CS - like with Time Freeze - i think its rankable and cool. Good luck.

PS. This short 140bpm stacked streams in 1/8 (06:36:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - - its like 300bpm? or less/more?
280bpm
Sieg
we did something secret here and there

Ekoro

Woddles wrote:

sukiNathan wrote:

Mapping an insane map doesn't mean you can play it. I can't pass my own diff at all, and i'll surely not pass this LOL
The difficulty isn't something reserved to top-players-mappers or something. As long as it's not nonsense and/or it's structured, it's fine i guess.

Anyway, just looked at the map, and no matter if you'll fix them or not (it has bubble already so idk), i'll still leave a few suggestions, general or not.

1. I won't talk about final stream part, even if some streams are very harsh especially with this spacing progression. Else, it's fine, even if i can't play it at all.
  2. To me, the very high spacing for 1/2 is really unnecessary, although the music is pretty fast, i think that it's way too much and forces everything.
  3. 04:00:806 (3,4,5,1) - This pattern is kinda confusing to play, maybe use 2 sliders w/ one reverse? it appears several times in this part
The map doesn't look that structured to me, but it's probably due to high AR or something, and i can't really see much patterns. Just giving my opinion though, best luck for ranking that!
A Mystery

Mazzerin wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

then feel free to point out whatever you think lacks quality

Ekoro wrote:

The map doesn't look that structured to me, but it's probably due to high AR or something, and i can't really see much patterns. Just giving my opinion though, best luck for ranking that!
This is kinda what I meant, I don't say it is bad or anything.
It's very hard but also doesn't have a real structure, or at least the way I see it. No real recognizable patterns, flow, use of jumps the way most people do... So it's hard for me to judge :P But I'm sure your intentions are good :)
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Ekoro wrote:

1. I won't talk about final stream part, even if some streams are very harsh especially with this spacing progression. Else, it's fine, even if i can't play it at all.
    meh changed the hardest transition to be easy, https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3143735
  2. To me, the very high spacing for 1/2 is really unnecessary, although the music is pretty fast, i think that it's way too much and forces everything.
    it is necessary because of the high sv, i used to have it with very small jumps which actually made it unfun, boring and frustrating to play before, akali/redo told me it won't be possible to work with a map with this high sv and that low spacing on 1/2s, so i remapped most of those sections a couple of times now
  3. 04:00:806 (3,4,5,1) - This pattern is kinda confusing to play, maybe use 2 sliders w/ one reverse? it appears several times in this part
    u w0t its just 4 90~(in 1/4) bpm singletaps. oh well, not hard to fix, so i did it

A Mystery wrote:

This is kinda what I meant, I don't say it is bad or anything.
It's very hard but also doesn't have a real structure, or at least the way I see it. No real recognizable patterns, flow, use of jumps the way most people do... So it's hard for me to judge :P But I'm sure your intentions are good :)
well, that's how i map. i don't like when a map looks like it's been made by a pokemon. it is structured, just in a different way, look around and you might find other people i took influence from. there is proper flow and proper flow breaks, and i think i spammed quite a lot of triangles
Nyxa

General
Note: If I tell you to place a note at x123 y123, it doesn't mean you have to place it EXACTLY there, just in that general direction (unless otherwise specified)

Unused image files in the SB
  1. black.jpg
  2. what1.jpg
  3. whatsolo.jpg
  4. white.jpg
I might have missed something but afaik these should be removed if they aren't used.

Blind Faith
Rhythms & Patterns
  1. 00:54:819 (3) - this angle is really sharp, with the flow you're using it may work but as a lead-in it could definitely use improvements, either by ctrl + G'ing this slider or 00:54:569 (1,2) - these two circles, I'd suggest the circles (and then maybe adjust their position a little for smoother movement) since it would match the ensuing circular flow you create with the sliders
  2. 00:56:319 (1,2) - This angle is really awkward, try moving 00:56:319 (1) - to somewhere around x500 y251 and 00:56:444 (2) - to around x459 y36, it would both flow better and better match the pitch shift of the guitars (I assume you're trying to accentuate those because of the NC)
  3. 00:57:319 (5,1) - Return sliders are hold sliders, so adding a circle in a linear momentum from the return slider's lead-in pattern (which would be this 00:57:069 (4) - ) is counter-intuitive, try stacking 00:57:569 (1) - on top of 00:56:444 (2) - (after applying the previous mod) and then placing 00:57:694 (2) - around x147 y66
  4. 00:58:069 (4,5,1) - Sharpen this triangle maybe? The angle seems really weak here and it doesn't seem to match the music or the movement you were going for
  5. 00:59:319 (5) - Try moving this more to the right so it doesn't overlap with 00:58:569 (1) - and see how that looks
  6. 01:00:569 (1) - Maybe move this back to x363 y42? The angle seems uncomfortably sharp here
  7. 01:04:569 (1) - Why not do this more like so?
  8. 01:06:069 (4,5) - Try making this jump a bit bigger so the angle from (5) to 01:06:319 (1) - becomes less awkward
  9. 01:07:569 (1,2,3) - Something like this seems like it would match your previous movements a lot better
  10. 01:08:069 (4,5,1,2) - Eh this angle is really really awkward and counterintuitive, I would suggest something here but I think in this case it's best to let you work something out in your own way
  11. 01:36:256 (2) - This note seems unnecessary, just leaving the patterns as two sliders would make it for a good minor break so as to not murder the player's stamina at a redundant spot (especially amidst such a heavy stream)
  12. 01:38:256 (2) - ^ (by the way, the reason I didn't suggest it for similar previous examples is because it fit there, while less so here)
  13. 01:44:819 (2,3,4) - Try making this triangle more even
  14. 02:05:131 (2) - Return slider on a blue tick, why ;_; just remove the hitcircle before it lol
  15. 02:15:819 (1) - Why an NC here instead of 02:16:069 (2) - Here like in previous and ensuing similar patterns? Makes it look sloppy
  16. 02:32:444 (2,1) - This is super awkward, try placing 02:32:444 (2) - on x100 y72
  17. 02:34:444 (2,1) - ^ ;_; try placing 02:34:444 (2) - at x111 y13
  18. 02:34:944 (3) - x243 y382
  19. 03:34:690 (1,2,3) - I'm sure you could improve the aesthetics here
  20. 03:52:940 (2,3,1,2) - These circles seem kind of randomly placed, what was the reasoning behind them?
  21. 04:11:846 (1) - Ctrl + G and then 04:12:086 (2) - ctrl + G this too
Note: Overall I think the calm section didn't have enough thought put into it and could really use massive improvements or a remap. That's just my opinion on it.
  1. 04:28:406 (2) - Try placing this a little lower
  2. 04:29:006 (2) - See how it works when you move this to x166 y215 and 04:29:126 (3) - ctrl + G this
  3. 04:29:486 (1) - Try moving this to x259 y306 and then 04:29:726 (3) - this to x255 y192
  4. 04:30:926 (2) - ^x271 y17
  5. 04:31:526 (1,2,3,4) - Ctrl + G
  6. 04:32:366 (4) - x322 y5 and then 04:32:006 (1,2) - ctrl + G this
  7. 04:34:886 (1,2) - I highly suggest increasing the spacing between these
  8. 04:35:846 (1,2) - ^
  9. 04:42:326 (1,2) - ^Except decrease it
  10. 04:47:726 (3) - x278 y130
  11. 04:49:286 (1) - Maybe this would work better?
  12. 05:28:646 (1,2) - Ctrl + G
  13. 05:29:126 (1,2) - ^
  14. 05:45:926 (1,2,3) - Try placing this a little further to the left for preventing possible overlaps
  15. 05:48:806 (1,2) - Ctrl + G
  16. 05:57:686 (3,4,5,6,1) - Better to leave this a triple for consistency's sake
  17. 06:26:094 (5) - Ctrl + G
  18. 06:27:808 (5) - ^
  19. 06:29:951 (3) - ^
  20. 06:30:379 (4) - ^
  21. 06:30:808 (1) - Maybe this and 06:31:237 (2) - this too but up to you
  22. 06:47:629 (2) - This overlap doesn't seem like a good idea
  23. 06:52:879 (2) - x256 y28?
  24. 06:58:129 (1) - x424 y52 for better blanket
  25. 07:00:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - Are you sure you want this straight like this? It could be a lot gayer cooler if you did something fancy with the aesthetics while maintaining equal playability (i.e. a highway stream)
  26. 07:11:897 (2) - x114 y335
  27. 07:24:397 (3) - Angle this downwards instead?
  28. 07:47:522 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This stream's aesthetics could definitely see improvement
  29. 07:48:522 (1) - The part after this I feel the same way about as the aforementioned calm part
  30. 08:10:272 (6) - Ctrl + G

Hitsounds
  1. 08:04:522 (1) - This is way too loud
Other than that, hitsounds are pretty nice, good work!

The map is pretty noisy but I think that fits the song, it could definitely use a lot of work in terms of flow and playability though, and even some aesthetics. I hope this helps. Good luck getting this ranked!
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

Tess wrote:

1. 01:36:256 (2) - This note seems unnecessary, just leaving the patterns as two sliders would make it for a good minor break so as to not murder the player's stamina at a redundant spot (especially amidst such a heavy stream)
    hmm it does fit and it really isn't that hard to press/aim or anything
  2. 01:38:256 (2) - ^ (by the way, the reason I didn't suggest it for similar previous examples is because it fit there, while less so here)
    ^
  3. 02:15:819 (1) - Why an NC here instead of 02:16:069 (2) - Here like in previous and ensuing similar patterns? Makes it look sloppy
    i followed the guitar there, its like that in like 3 other parts of the map, all consistent
Note: Overall I think the calm section didn't have enough thought put into it and could really use massive improvements or a remap. That's just my opinion on it.
uhh literally no idea what could be wrong with it
  1. 04:31:526 (1,2,3,4) - Ctrl + G
    wait what why
  2. 04:49:286 (1) - Maybe this would work better?
    looks like this already flows well
  3. 06:30:808 (1) - Maybe this and 06:31:237 (2) - this too but up to you
    these are fine
  4. 06:47:629 (2) - This overlap doesn't seem like a good idea
    the slider border? its fine, dont want to change my sliders fully just to make it not touch that border
  5. 06:58:129 (1) - x424 y52 for better blanket
    but.. it already blankets the circle fine
  6. 07:00:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - Are you sure you want this straight like this? It could be a lot gayer cooler if you did something fancy with the aesthetics while maintaining equal playability (i.e. a highway stream)
    what the hell is a highway stream
  7. 07:24:397 (3) - Angle this downwards instead?
    i think of it as a final separator of the two streams
  8. 07:47:522 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This stream's aesthetics could definitely see improvement
    uhh its completely fine?
  9. 07:48:522 (1) - The part after this I feel the same way about as the aforementioned calm part
    dont really see anything wrong with it, there's really nothing special to think of
changed all others but these
updating before 3rd
Nyxa
For the record I consider a highway stream to be a stream with notes placed beside each other in two separate lanes going in the same direction

Sieg wrote:

we did something secret here and there

here we fucking go b o y s
show more