forum

Which TWO Anime do you wish to pit against each other?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi
Title is self-explanatory but for who cares to hear the explanation:

Two Anime you choose, must be THAT similar in terms of genres and concept (but not really that similar), and in specific cases popularity. You pit them against each other and let them battle or let the other otakus decide the winner. It's simple.

Remember!
  1. You cannot pit any Anime you have dropped, or, NOT watched or started.
  2. Remember to keep everything PG, recommended, max limit is PG-13 (public). Anime beyond PG-13 MUST be in a spoilerbox with a warning. (suggestion by DX5536) This is assuming specific readers are under 13.
  3. You can't pit two seasons of one Anime e.g. Love Live! School Idol Project--must be two different Anime e.g. Sword Art Online vs. Shingeki no Kyojin (based on popularity).
  4. You can't pit OVAs. OVAs are part of their original Anime but are external episodes, but movies are completely unrelated so you can pit two Anime movies. But you can't pit a movie against a full series.
  5. You can comment on other selections, but respect every opinion you hear, for some people have completely different tastes, like me.
  6. To make your final choice needs you to have completed the two Anime you've pitted, in case the battle is over.
  7. If necessary, pitting a third Anime comes at a cost: Make sure you completed all 3 e.g. Lucky Star vs. Acchi Kocchi vs. Non Non Biyori (all are complete SoL)!
But I'll need help on my side here
Pri Para vs. Love Live! School Idol Project
I'm unable to decide between these two. For real. The two are less of a Slice of Life and more of a Music, yet Pri Para is also a Shoujo and that's damn epic!! However, the story of the battle lies in the next phrase...let's forget about cuteness, which one has the superior graphics to be able to end this battle?
Apex_old
Monster vs Death Note

Noir plot & atmosphere
Human lives are at stake
Smart twists
1s4kv
Monster... Now i got something new to watch, thank you ^^

I would like to see an anime based on Death Note and Shinsekai Yori(Look it up). 2 dark animes that would make an even worse mess. ^^
AutoMedic
It would be Noragami vs. Sword Art Online (Season 1)

Yato would wear VR's and slash people alive
[ yogurt ]

Baka Tenshi wrote:

Anime above PG-13 aren't allowed
Are we children here?
kira986_old
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Baka Tenshi wrote:

Anime above PG-13 aren't allowed
Are we children here?
Um, assuming some of the readers are children. If you insist, discussion of such Anime will be limited then.
Rise_old_1
Uhhhhhh, tough choice, I think I'll go ahead with Trigun VS Black Lagoon (idk if it's even valid but guns ;w;)
Xheriux
Sword Art Online vs. Log Horizon
lemonguy

slapper334 wrote:

The Sugoi Goat

slapper334 wrote:

Amen :3 The only other 2 animes i watch have no relation ;w;
The Sugoi Goat
Mirai Nikki vs Kuruko no basuke owo
Gumpy
I find it hard too keep it PG-13.
It says in the rules too keep Nudity at a minimum (or preferibly nothing at all) not violence.

The Sugoi Goat wrote:

Mirai Nikki vs Kuruko no basuke owo
Mirai Nikki is rated R-17 yo.
Solaroid
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya vs Lucky Star
tanteiRE
Higurashi vs. Steins;Gate

First glance, they're nothing alike - different animation, different setting, one's clear-cut sci-fi, the other's horror.
But both originated from visual novels, and the gameplay involves choosing different situations until you reach one where everyone gets the happy ending (essentially, no one dies). Not to mention the only way to get to the different situations is by traveling back in time (or sending your memories back in time).

I'm neutral, but I would easily have chosen Steins;Gate if I didn't hate Makise Kurisu (a LOT).
[-Tsubomi-]
I'd have to go with Dangan Ronpa vs Kagerou Project c:
Furasaki
Akuma no Riddle v.s Mirai Nikki.
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi
~now allowed~
DX5536
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? vs No game no life
R+ is fine right? i mean come on!

Well if you are that picky:
Medaka Box (contains 1 yuri kiss in one episode, boob bounce, a lot of action, sometimes fanservice but it's PG-13 so your argument is invaild) Vs Tokyo Ravens: I mean look at Harutora and Saint-key-chy (Zenkichi). They look so alike. Sand-kee-chi is still a badass thou.

May I suggest a rule that you can allowed to put animes which are over PG-13 but you have to put a warning or in a spoiler box and say that it may contains violence, nudity etc.?
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi

DX5536 wrote:

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? vs No game no life
R+ is fine right? i mean come on!

Well if you are that picky:
Medaka Box (contains 1 yuri kiss in one episode, boob bounce, a lot of action, sometimes fanservice but it's PG-13 so your argument is invaild) Vs Tokyo Ravens: I mean look at Harutora and Saint-key-chy (Zenkichi). They look so alike. Sand-kee-chi is still a badass thou.

May I suggest a rule that you can allowed to put animes which are over PG-13 but you have to put a warning or in a spoiler box and say that it may contains violence, nudity etc.?
1. R+ is not fine. Remember, assuming certain readers are minors.
2. PG-13 is your max limit so it's okay.
3. Since most great Anime are beyond, sure.
DX5536
Thank you for adding my suggestion since there are quite a lot of great animes but they are over PG-13. And some older people (like me) want that kind of vs but it's also not safe for younger readers at the same time.\(^0^*)/