Overtraining?

posted
Total Posts
18
Topic Starter
Blanky
I've noticed that when I play 4+ hours, my playing ability decreases drastically. I'm going to go ahead and say that it's because I'm playing too much. Now, I'm sure there are people who can play a lot more than this without noticing any problems, but each their own. Anyway, the problem is in my decision. Should I continue playing when I notice this problem, or should I take a break/stop?

Thanks in advance.
Yakuyan

Blanky wrote:

I've noticed that when I play 4+ hours, my playing ability decreases drastically. I'm going to go ahead and say that it's because I'm playing too much. Now, I'm sure there are people who can play a lot more than this without noticing any problems, but each their own. Anyway, the problem is in my decision. Should I continue playing when I notice this problem, or should I take a break/stop?

Thanks in advance.
Don't worry about it too much. I played around 6 hours straight once and had the same problem. Aim became hysterically worse and my accuracy looked like I was playing like a retard. (Don't worry, it was only for that day) I believe that some people can go longer without any problems but there are people who can't go that long without becoming shitty. (or maybe we both are just mentally thinking that we cant play for long amounts of time O.O) Anyway, I think you should take a break for that day and play the next day or after a few days. ;)
byfar
yea after playing for hours you lose consistency

i lose concentration after playing for a long time and get random stupid misses

then i rage quit cuz i cant fc anything and take a break. After that its usually better
Paizuri
it's best not to think about it

if you feel like complete shit, take a break
Gumpy
Take a break and browse the internet or something then start playing again.
I Give Up
Your arms get tired and your mental constitution wears out. When you start to lose consistency then it is time to take a break (I usually finish up for the day). Because at that point, you've reached your "quota" and can't improve any further for a time.
kasdeya
weak
buny

kasdeya wrote:

weak
wise words
nrl
*word
nooblet

Noobsicle wrote:

if you feel like complete shit, take a break
Damn, I better take a break completely.

Oh wait, I forgot, we're here forever ... orever ... rever ... ever ... ver ... er ... r ...
Spirit_Dreamer
There is no such thing as overtraining. Of course after a lot hours of playing your concentration will wear off but you can then stop to mind the mistakes and continue to "push for stamina".If you are not in physical or mental pain and have desire to continue just do it.I actually did some of my top scores on the 8-12 hour of the play session when I started to have fun even while combobreaking and then my concentration returned :lol:
CXu
Yes, you get tired after you've done it for a while, similar to how you'll get tired after studying for a long time, or after training etc. Take a break, and get back to it later.
Seenko_
One time I played for 12 hours straight, I started my livestream at 1:00 PM and ended midnight, that was fun, at the end I was playing waaaay better than I did before, but the next day I couldn't play like taht, I guess I improved a little bit, overtraining works but it surely gets you tired quickly =(^.^)=
Ichi
cough* watch some porn and come back, cough*
chainpullz
Push yourself to maintain the level where you weren't playing like shit for like an hour more then call it quits. At least from a physical standpoint, you'll gain the most benefit from pushing yourself past your breaking point.
B1rd

chainpullz wrote:

Push yourself to maintain the level where you weren't playing like shit for like an hour more then call it quits. At least from a physical standpoint, you'll gain the most benefit from pushing yourself past your breaking point.
the physical aspect of playing is tiny in comparison to the mental aspect.
nrl
The sentiment can just as easily be applied to the mental aspect as well.
RaneFire

B1rd wrote:

the physical aspect of playing is tiny in comparison to the mental aspect.
Let's stop comparing the two, since there are different stages in training where one seems more difficult than the other. If you don't have the physical ability, it could also be that your mental resolve to learn it isn't enough, which is a mental block, not a physical one.

How you see it is up to you, but they are not separated.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply