forum

Mouse ( SteelSeries Sensei or Razer Deathadder)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[-Yumiko-]
The title explains it all :3 ^^''

I wanna ask between these two, which will be a better mouse to buy
byfar
sensei is laser
a lot of ppl dont recommend lasers for osu cuz of its natural high dpi and 5-10% mouse acceleration (even if u disabled windows hardware acceleration). mouse acceleration is not good for developing muscle memory.

i used to use this mouse before switching to tablet and was stuck around 40k cuz of random misses on small to medium jumps on 4-5 star insanes so I couldn't fc them.
After I switched to tablet I got much better due to its 1:1 tracking (good for developing muscle memory)
i mean dont get me wrong sensei is a great mouse in general, but just not good enough compared to other mice in osu.

havent tried deathadder but it has an optical sensor and I heard it's a lot better.
buny
I had a steelseries sensei and it worked fine.

I don't think it really matters which one you get
I Give Up
Playing with small amounts of mouse acceleration is only viable if you're a doomsday. Otherwise go for optical mice such as Deathadder.

In NZ these top class mice are more expensive than some tablets (ctl460, ctl480) lol.
FieryLight
Deathadder is better in terms of sensor and tracking but I wouldn't buy anything Razer quality. Think you can talk to them about your breaking product? Not when Razer support hangs up on you.

SteelSeries mice all have either prediction and/or acceleration. I'm using a CM Storm Spawn and it's quite good for it's price (was $20).
buny
when in doubt logitech 400s
byfar
roccat roccat roccat
Gumpy

buny wrote:

Logitech all the way!
[ yogurt ]
Logitech G400, or just get a Zowie mouse. Really

byfar wrote:

roccat roccat roccat
"no". I own Roccat and it's pretty shit compared even to DeathAdder.
Chezin
Between these two, DA.
AmaiHachimitsu
Sensei is a FPS mouse.

DA is more safe of a choice
B1rd
don't choose the Sensei.

Deathadder has a good sensor but I hate the grip.
Lance
Deathadder but get a protection plan if you can (and make sure it "breaks" right before it's up) because the mouse wheel or your left click will break one day. They always do.
kasdeya
both are gay
DeletedUser_3905941

kasdeya wrote:

both are gay
Litenang
Logitech has the best mice per price range for almost all ranges.
Noobsicle
get whatevers more comfortable for you
NixXSkate

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

I own Roccat and it's pretty shit compared even to DeathAdder.
no u

and don't get a Zowie

Here's my copy and paste I use EVERYWHERE

NixXSkate wrote:

As far as mice with perfect/near perfect sensors, the best choices for mouse only are:

Heavy/Big mice (good for stability while clicking):
Microsoft IME3.0- The standard among most asians, used by Change, Shizuru, Lemonwater, Pyonta, etc., 400 DPI, be sure to overclock
Razer DeathAdder (Black)- Most stable DeathAdder IMO, some might not like how the buttons don't bottom out though.

Normal Size mice:
Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1a- 400 DPI, be sure to overclock
Mionix Avior 7000- Pretty low lift-off, can go up to 7000 DPI with the new Avago sensor (probably has smoothing really high DPIs)
Roccat Pure Kone Optical- No complaints tbh
MAYBE CM Storm Alcor- Similar to IME3.0 shape but smaller, but never tried this mouse out yet.
MAYBE Roccat Savu- Low control speed depending on surface. (Infrared A3090 sensor has this problem)

Small mice:
CM Storm Spawn- Low positioned sensor
CM Storm Recon- Unbalanced (much heavier toward the bottom), but very well made buttons.
MAYBE Logitech G100S- Not a perfect sensor like the rest on the list, but very close.

Other good mice I would NOT recommend for mouse only (Ok for Mouse+KB):
Razer Abyssus- Razer quality, spongy buttons
Microsoft WMO 1.1a- 400 DPI, stiff buttons (or maybe it's just mine...)
Logitech G400/G400S- Great mouse but the shape and buttons aren't well suited for mouse only.
Mionix Naos 7000- Comfy, but poor grip for precision aiming.
Epicgear Cyclops- Infrared A3090 sensor. Tracks perfectly on 1600 DPI setting, but not 800. Stiff buttons
Zowie FK/AM/EC/EC2- Very low liftoff, weak mouse buttons, would not recommend Zowie mice for osu!, more for fps games.

Mice with perfect sensors I'm unsure about:
Razer Krait, Steelseries Rival/Kana V2, Corsair M45, Mad Catz R.A.T. 3 Optical, Logitech G402/G502
DeletedUser_3905941

NixXSkate wrote:

too much info
this is pretty accurate, but zowie buttons aren't weak, just very stiff
plus this seems more towards mouseonly, im not sure op is mouseonly
oh and the most important thing in buying a mouse ever is the grip
NixXSkate

RedPanda wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

too much info
this is pretty accurate, but zowie buttons aren't weak, just very stiff
plus this seems more towards mouseonly, im not sure op is mouseonly
oh and the most important thing in buying a mouse ever is the grip
I wouldn't say they're stiff necessarily either, just tactile. The buttons don't have nearly the same longevity as Omron switches, I've seen so many people wear them out and have messed up mouse buttons. Also, I list mice that are good for mouse+kb, the original list is from a mouse only thread and I just paste it everywhere someone asks about mice.
FrzR

kasdeya wrote:

both are gay
Venitros
I use the Steelseries Sensei. I got it because the scroll wheel on my Deathadder started acting weird (scrolling up caused it to scroll down 20% of the time and vice-versa). I do not notice any difference in the tracking.

It took me a couple of days to get used to the Sensei because of the ambidextrous thumb-buttons. I would not switch back to a deathadder though. I prefer the Sensei because it is smaller and more lightweight. If I were to get a new mouse, I would get a Zowie FK/AM.
MistahCow
I used to use the Deathadder before I switched to a tablet.

Before teh deathadder I used a cheap mouse wich was pretty small and the deathadder was pretty big compared to my previous one.
But once I got used to it, it felt quite comfortable holding it. It works like a charm (no random delays or stuffz) and when you get the driver it's pretty simple to set the DPI and otehr settings.

Oh one more thing. If you haven't yet get a good mouse pad... The movement of teh mouse is a lot smoother and it gets easier to move arround. At least that was my experience with the Deathadder :)
iWhorse
Neither?

buny wrote: