I feel great.
[-Cloud-]

KukiMonster wrote:

I feel great.
No, you don't.
Topic Starter
otoed1
REKT
On anoter note, I guess everyone just feels this way? Oh well, nbd. This game is great :D
Purple
Uh, no, not everyone has such bad mental health that it affects you in a circle-clicking game. Srsly the game has a very tall skill ceiling, if you don't have the patience to allow yourself to learn and improve, then I'd suggest taking up an easier hobby for your own well being.
Topic Starter
otoed1

Purple wrote:

Uh, no, not everyone has such bad mental health that it affects you in a circle-clicking game. Srsly the game has a very tall skill ceiling, if you don't have the patience to allow yourself to learn and improve, then I'd suggest taking up an easier hobby for your own well being.
easy=dumb,boring,stupid, and pointless
I Give Up
Comparison is the thief of joy.

You won't find refuge in assuming "this is normal". I contend that you do have your moments of fun in this game, capitalise on that instead ;)
Topic Starter
otoed1
Thanks, that makes sense.
Litenang
I think something that keeps me going is to be able to pass all the maps of songs that I like. I'm not there yet, but it really helps me enjoy the game and to improve on my own level instead of seeking a particular rank or to always be gaining pp.

Some of the songs I like have upwards difficulties of 5.5-6.2 stars, so I'm working towards those. I've passed a few, but every map is different, and I end up just playing songs that I like, and trying to beat their hardest difficulties instead of trying to be good. I just want to pass.
Gid
Yep. I'll have the same playcount as the top players by the time I break 4 digits

Which is fine, because the game is awesome. Definitely a reason for low self-esteem (relating to this game) though
nrl
I feel like this sometimes, then I remember that I'm narrill.
Litenang

Narrill wrote:

^lol this guy
nrl
;3
Rokusho
If I compare my playcount and rank with the top players, I kind of have to cry a little from the inside.
B1rd

trololol123 wrote:

If I compare my playcount and rank with the top players, I kind of have to cry a little from the inside.
time to switch to tablet.
Mystrian_old
otoed1, I'm not even your playcount and I hit at least three notes on Big black DT.
roufou
you only have 14k plays, at least you're not above 50k and mediocre at the game
gregest

Narrill wrote:

dude,you're amazing
B1rd
he is a jerk
koromo

B1rd wrote:

he is a jerk
Narrill is cool.

Also you guys shouldn't worry too much, some people improve slower than others. I'm such a case myself.

I only started playing insanes at 30k play count and honestly thought I would never improve but eh, as long as you keep playing you will probably improve. Just take it easy and enjoy the game.
winber1
crowbar stop catching up to me
gregest

B1rd wrote:

he is a jerk
Narrill is love,Narrill is life
-GN
Yeah, I was an atheist until I realized I was God, or something...
nrl

B1rd wrote:

he is a jerk
umadbreh
Synpoo
na you just suck big time
Varetyr
Fun fact : Did you know France was considered to be the most pessimistic country in 2011 ?
When I read #french, I find it extremely easy to believe.

"Waaaah I only have 98.50% on HR OD10 on that 5.60 stars song"
"pff man it took me 7 tries to FC this song, my friend did it in 3"
"I only have 99.91% scores, why can't I SS, I suck at being accurate"
"-gets one miss on 1st try- ok fk this I suck at this game I will never FC"
"Wow I suck at streaming, I only have 99% on long stream practice map [160bpm] and one miss, soooo baaaaaaadddd"

and so on. rofl
XgenSlayer

otoed1 wrote:

Anyone else have it? I feel like im absolutely awful 24/7. Its like, i'll never be good at this game. T_T. If I look at my play count vs top players I obv. havent played anywhere near what is required to be good, but I still feel like i'm awful. Anyone else get these problems? If you do, have a solution? I find the best way is to distract myself while playing, but it doesn't always work.
Yeah, I always feel the same way (My play count is nearly 7k and I don't even have 1k pp yet xD), but I always use that feeling as a motivation to get better. I suggest that you do the same. When I use the thought of me being bad at this game as a motivation, I'm able to brush aside the negative feelings and steadily improve while still enjoying the game to its fullest. :D
[-Cloud-]
Did my first 10,3 FC today. I felt happy for the first time in my osulife.

j/k, it was a scrub 5,11 star map
nrl
I don't have any 10.3 FCs, so I'd say that's still pretty noteworthy. 5.11 isn't low.
[-Cloud-]

Narrill wrote:

I don't have any 10.3 FCs, so I'd say that's still pretty noteworthy. 5.11 isn't low.

Nah, when I'm able to FC it multiple times it's not noteworthy at all. Atleast for me.
B1rd
[-Cloud-]
That 480 BPM though.
cheezstik

B1rd wrote:

I got my first a while ago http://s13.postimg.org/bkjd1tu07/screenshot147.jpg
wow, u can read ar10.3 at dat rank, nice multi accounting noob, rep0rtd
GoldenWolf

Varetyr wrote:

Fun fact : Did you know France was considered to be the most pessimistic country in 2011 ?
When I read #french, I find it extremely easy to believe.

"Waaaah I only have 98.50% on HR OD10 on that 5.60 stars song"
"pff man it took me 7 tries to FC this song, my friend did it in 3"
"I only have 99.91% scores, why can't I SS, I suck at being accurate"
"-gets one miss on 1st try- ok fk this I suck at this game I will never FC"
"Wow I suck at streaming, I only have 99% on long stream practice map [160bpm] and one miss, soooo baaaaaaadddd"

and so on. rofl
Giggled because it's true
buny

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Narrill wrote:

Nah, when I'm able to FC it multiple times it's not noteworthy at all. Atleast for me.
Pretty good for your rank.
PLAYER WITH RSI
yeah, im going to commit suicide because im bat shit at this game. almost 2 years and i cant git gud.

fuk
Conor
Rewben2
Uhh no

I know that becoming good takes a very long time and a lot of practice, that's all there is to it. I play the game, enjoy myself and am slowly getting better. What else is there to it? I shouldn't be annoyed because I'm not good because there's no reason that I should be good, even though my improvement rate appears to be quite slow compared to others my rank.
Pichu0102
"At play 20 something I had convinced myself I wasn't going to be able to do it, but kept trying anyways. At 30 something, I forced myself to keep playing until I beat it. At 53, I finally gave up because I couldn't keep the cursor steady."

Well, uh, yeah.
show more