forum

How many tries does it take for you to beat a beatmap?

posted
Total Posts

Vote

5-10
38.46%
11-20
17.58%
21-35
12.09%
36-50
5.49%
51-100
5.49%
101+
20.88%
Total votes: 91
Topic Starter
sadpwner
For beatmaps that are challenging and at your skill level, which you have never played before, how many tries does it usually take to beat it? It usually takes me about 25-75 tries to beat challenging beatmaps. This feels like a lot, so I am wondering if it's normal. I usually play around 5 star difficulty.

Edit: When I mean beat, I mean that you have to get an A or better and you also can't use no fail. I also removed the 1-5 options since if you are completing it that quickly, it's unlikely that it's challenging...

Ok I think that some misunderstandings are arising. For something to be challenging it has to be difficult to perform at your skill level, so obviously the beatmap is above your skill level. I mentioned at your skill level, but that probably was inaccurate. An example of what I meant would be, if someone just started the game I wouldn't expect them to beat freedom drive though it is challenging it is not appropriate for their skill level. A challenge for them would probably be some 3 star beatmap.
Synpoo
To beat as in simply clear? I could probably clear most beatmaps around my comfort zone (4.5 to 5 stars) in a try or two, resulting in (most likely) shitty accuracy and a couple misses.

If we're talking FC's then that's a whole different story.
Gumpy
I am too inconsistant.
[-Cloud-]
1 or 2. Or I don't pass it at all.
Bauxe
Vuelo Eluko
only ever cleared a map decently once in my ~20k plays and that took 2 tries which was SS'ing https://osu.ppy.sh/b/187378?m=0.
cheezstik
Simply getting 90% and finishing the song really isnt that hard usually, or the song in general is too hard. If I don't get that within the first 5 tries, then it's usually too hard for me to be playing.

With fc's though, if it takes more than 15 tries then I usually give up and put the next tv size on. (My >1:30 song fcs are either in multiplayer or lucky first - second tries)
buny
If it takes you more than 5 tries to beat a map "at your skill level" then it's not at your skill level.

Anyways more ontopic, first if not second. If I can't beat it then I simply can't beat it
FlyingKebab
[-Cloud-]

FlyingKebab wrote:

That's a lie.
CXu
Beating? 1 unless streams. Then it's never.
Pacze

CXu wrote:

Beating? 1 unless streams. Then it's never.

Omg we're exactly the same <3
Woobowiz
I like how there's no 1-10 option even though that should be the ONLY option really.

I can understand taking hundreds of tries to FC a map, but it shouldn't take more than a few tries to beat a beatmap.
silmarilen
usually 1 try
Black Wolf159

silmarilen wrote:

usually 1 try
Trauter
I don't even play osu.
xGx

I Give Up
Usually 1 try, or +100...
byfar

Fc=9001