forum

Danny Elfman - Wonka's Welcome Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinistro
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 29 March 2008 at 11:18:13

Artist: Danny Elfman
Title: Wonka's Welcome Song
BPM: 117.15
Filesize: 2360kb
Play Time: 00:53
Difficulties Available:
  1. Marshmallow (2.02 stars, 64 notes)
  2. Almond chocolate (3.71 stars, 85 notes)
  3. Jawbreaker (4.9 stars, 183 notes)
Download: Danny Elfman - Wonka's Welcome Song
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
UPDATE: Volume of hit sample sets lowered.
---------
My fifth beatmap. This song is from the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" film, where a sickeningly saccharine and creepy chorus of animatronic puppets sing the praises of Willy Wonka, friend to children (and, in the fullness of time, dentists) everywhere. Be sure to brush your teeth after playing.

You can identify the relative difficulty of each version based on how hard each confection is. Marshmallow is Easy, I consider Almond Chocolate Normal and I believe Jawbreaker to be Hard. A couple of beats at Hard version have a bit off beat spacing on purpose. I believe Normal is easier than the stars would have you believe, hence the "Almonds" in the chocolate are possible harder parts. If anyone believes Normal should be made easier and has some ideas on how to do it, please do so. All other comments and suggestions are, of course, also greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy this beatmap!
Extor
Excellent beatmaps.

I almost pass them all in my first try. (I lost at the last 2 beats after the spinner once...)
A very nice touch the colors of the combos and the W in the easier difficulty.

Congrats.

*Bubblez*
Topic Starter
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Extor
And now it's back!
peppy
May I suggest you lower the volume of the hit-samples quite a bit in the song setup screen? Its a bit overpowering at the moment!

Apart from that, great set of maps. You really provide a perfect range of difficulties <3.

Ranked after you state your opinion on the volume thing :).
Topic Starter
Sinistro
Oh, you can change the volume of sample sets on a per-beatmap basis?...Yeah, I hadn't thought of that, although I don't know why. :? I've lowered the volume to 60%, I think it sounds less overpowering now.

By the way, peppy, did you happen to read my PM?
eyup
Awesome set of maps, the difficulty range is perfect. Love the confectionary difficulty names and the colour scheme. Ranked!
Nintendonick4
One of the only songs in that movie not taken from the original books, and it's still terrific.

...oh, the map too, I guess,,,
Just kidding, good work.