forum

Startup Song

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,930
Topic Starter
RLC
This is a pretty simple request, and I'm not sure if this is already being worked on, but a quick search returned no results, so...

Currently, in b20140919.3cuttingedge, there is this "use osu! music theme" toggle. If the toggle is not selected, random music plays on startup (behavior we are familiar with), and if it is selected, the osu! theme plays on startup.

While I love nekodex, it seems to be a natural extension that, in addition to the current two possibilities, users should also have the option to set a song of their choice as the startup song. After all, the interface voices (startup / shutdown) are customizable.

Thoughts?
peppy
Noted. This will likely be skinnable as a supporter benefit, along with voices. I plan on extending main menu skinnability to be supporter specific, allowing even more customisation visually as well.
Piine
Interesting.... Hope to see this
FrzR
Me too. =w=)b
Kwinii_old
I've been meaning to ask around if this was possible. Good thing I found this before
I started on a thread. I do look forward to this. -crosses fingers-
Gumpy

peppy wrote:

Noted. This will likely be skinnable as a supporter benefit, along with voices. I plan on extending main menu skinnability to be supporter specific, allowing even more customisation visually as well.
This makes me moist and excited.
Mira-san
Looking forward to this. Heh. :D
FrzR

Mira-san wrote:

Looking forward to this. Heh. :D
Dat bump though lol
2Spooky5U
bump

i'd buy supporter just for this option alone.
- Marco -
=w=b
[ -Harasho- ]

RLC wrote:

While I love nekodex, it seems to be a natural extension that, in addition to the current two possibilities, users should also have the option to set a song of their choice as the startup song. After all, the interface voices (startup / shutdown) are customizable
eventually you'll get bored of the song you choose anyways
I think that a more smart request would be to leave random music, but since the start
I dont know if you noticed that when you disable the "use osu! music theme", it starts to play random music, but also at random part of the song... it should play random music but from the start of the song
drum drum

2Spooky5U wrote:

bump

i'd buy supporter just for this option alone.
I would too

I first bought supporter for background orz
NoobDrumKit
I would like the voice interface to have the option to modify it since i have a personal skin
FrzR

NoobDrumKit wrote:

I would like the voice interface to have the option to modify it since i have a personal skin
y u bump threads noted by peppy toplel

You can modify the voice internface by adding "welcome.wav" and "seeya.wav". But for supporters only.
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Fr33z3R wrote:

NoobDrumKit wrote:

y u bump threads noted by peppy toplel

You can modify the voice internface by adding "welcome.wav" and "seeya.wav". But for supporters only.
Urghhh... Why supporter ony? Why why why? :( :( :(
Cassia
I'd go back to supporter just for this option...

Take a star~
Litharrale
This would be awesome on top of the already skinnable welcome and seeya.wav for supporters. Please make this happen!
XBlade
Will this be a thing soon? :D
Ayesha Altugle
If this would be implemented, I would make a thread about the current startup song.
Shizuyi
Take all my stars! That would be really cool. Im waiting for this for so long. Even ppy said half a year ago something would happen but there's nothing up untill no... So what now? WIll this be released soon?
show more