forum

Why so many HP drain beatmaps?

posted
Total Posts
show more
silmarilen
once you get better, one blink wont kill you anymore. it's purely a case of not having enough experience.
usually the people who complain about lifedrain are the ones who get 80-90% accuracy and think that is considered doing ok.
if you dont like it, add nofail or play easier maps until you can survive.
buny
Play with no fail if you can't pass it normally

And don't give me that shit that no fail lowers score, because unless you fc, your score is 99% worthless
Topic Starter
draco16_old

buny wrote:

Play with no fail if you can't pass it normally

And don't give me that shit that no fail lowers score, because unless you fc, your score is 99% worthless
You do have a point, I often forget the game has mods built into it. Will have to give that a try.

EDIT:

silmarilen wrote:

usually the people who complain about lifedrain are the ones who get 80-90% accuracy and think that is considered doing ok.
:o Yeah, like who does that? Not me. Surely not me!
*Frantically goes back to improve a few scores*
Miku Maekawa
something to keep in mind if youre just trying to get through a map

missing a slider hits ur hp bar harder compared to a regular circle
Wildcolt
As others have stated, accuracy is the biggest counter to HP drain. Very, very few songs are truly overtuned on HP drain. You can complain about the hp drain when you're pushing 90%+ accuracy, with a full combo, and 0 50s while still threatening to fail ;p
chainpullz
Come back when you start learning HR where merely having bad accuracy (and still hitting every note) or actually missing a single note with good acc can lead to your death on some maps.
winber1
multiple people have complained and even tried to instigate a change to hp drain, and the same argument basically applies for all of them.

as people have said in this thread, it really just boils down to lack of skill or experience. very few maps have a legitimately outrageous hp drain, and the modding and ranking process generally prevents any map to become such a level. even though it may seem like 2 notes kill you immediately, it generally takes at least 4 notes (in a row) to cause an immediate death, and if some of them are sliders, as someone said, they decrease your hp bar even more.

the more you play, the better accuracy you will get and the easier the hp drain will seem to you (except as i said those very few maps).
GoldenWolf

winber1 wrote:

the more you play, the better accuracy you will get and the easier the hp drain will seem to you (except as i said those very few maps).
And you generally die because of excessively long spinners :v
nrl

Wildcolt wrote:

As others have stated, accuracy is the biggest counter to HP drain. Very, very few songs are truly overtuned on HP drain. You can complain about the hp drain when you're pushing 90%+ accuracy, with a full combo, and 0 50s while still threatening to fail ;p
90% is obscenely low. You'd definitely drain out at 90% on HP10.
Bauxe

Wildcolt wrote:

I can see 1 50?
byfar
Play no fail. Seriously though i think its the best mod created for beginners
nrl
Don't play no-fail. If you're draining out it means you're playing maps that are too hard for you.
cheezstik

Narrill wrote:

Don't play no-fail. If you're draining out it means you're playing maps that are too hard for you.
+1, I play maps that are wayyy too hard for me, and get terrible accuracy, and even I don't need no fail to pass them. If you need no-fail, then you are definitely not gaining much from playing that map.
silmarilen

Wildcolt wrote:

yeah.... no
come back when you die of drain at 98% accuracy
buny

Narrill wrote:

Some people simply like playing maps that are overwhelming.

silmarilen wrote:

Wildcolt wrote:

yeah.... no
come back when you die of drain at 98% accuracy
100% and then choke on the slow parts, get 3x 100 in a row

gg
manjumochi

GoldenWolf wrote:

winber1 wrote:

True, especially that ones you'll almost never get to clear.
otoed1
On the topic of dieing to notes under sliders, either look at the hit circle overlay delay that closes in on the note, or get a skin with transparent notes to make them easier to see. Personally, notes under other notes are only hard on HD and thats only because I've learned to look at the hit circle overlay timing dealio to see these notes instead.
Skvimpa

GoldenWolf wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Or billion of sliders that reward no HP regen.
Litenang
Short sliders are literally the worst. I've died with 100% -> 98% accuracy by getting 100's on 6 short sliders in a row.
nrl
No you haven't, that doesn't even happen at HP10.

Unless you mean you missed six slider-starts in a row, in which case lol.
Litenang

Narrill wrote:

No you haven't, that doesn't even happen at HP10.

:<
nrl
;3
chainpullz

Narrill wrote:

The bane of my existence when it comes to cs5.2. I guess the better way to look at it is they would have been misses if it wasn't a slider. >_<