Why so many HP drain beatmaps?

posted
Total Posts
26
show more
nrl

Wildcolt wrote:

As others have stated, accuracy is the biggest counter to HP drain. Very, very few songs are truly overtuned on HP drain. You can complain about the hp drain when you're pushing 90%+ accuracy, with a full combo, and 0 50s while still threatening to fail ;p
90% is obscenely low. You'd definitely drain out at 90% on HP10.
Bauxe

Wildcolt wrote:

As others have stated, accuracy is the biggest counter to HP drain. Very, very few songs are truly overtuned on HP drain. You can complain about the hp drain when you're pushing 90%+ accuracy, with a full combo, and 0 50s while still threatening to fail ;p
I can see 1 50?
byfar
Play no fail. Seriously though i think its the best mod created for beginners
nrl
Don't play no-fail. If you're draining out it means you're playing maps that are too hard for you.
cheezstik

Narrill wrote:

Don't play no-fail. If you're draining out it means you're playing maps that are too hard for you.
+1, I play maps that are wayyy too hard for me, and get terrible accuracy, and even I don't need no fail to pass them. If you need no-fail, then you are definitely not gaining much from playing that map.
silmarilen

Wildcolt wrote:

As others have stated, accuracy is the biggest counter to HP drain. Very, very few songs are truly overtuned on HP drain. You can complain about the hp drain when you're pushing 90%+ accuracy, with a full combo, and 0 50s while still threatening to fail ;p
yeah.... no
come back when you die of drain at 98% accuracy
buny

Narrill wrote:

Don't play no-fail. If you're draining out it means you're playing maps that are too hard for you.
Some people simply like playing maps that are overwhelming.

silmarilen wrote:

Wildcolt wrote:

As others have stated, accuracy is the biggest counter to HP drain. Very, very few songs are truly overtuned on HP drain. You can complain about the hp drain when you're pushing 90%+ accuracy, with a full combo, and 0 50s while still threatening to fail ;p
yeah.... no
come back when you die of drain at 98% accuracy
100% and then choke on the slow parts, get 3x 100 in a row

gg
manjumochi

GoldenWolf wrote:

winber1 wrote:

the more you play, the better accuracy you will get and the easier the hp drain will seem to you (except as i said those very few maps).
And you generally die because of excessively long spinners :v
True, especially that ones you'll almost never get to clear.
otoed1
On the topic of dieing to notes under sliders, either look at the hit circle overlay delay that closes in on the note, or get a skin with transparent notes to make them easier to see. Personally, notes under other notes are only hard on HD and thats only because I've learned to look at the hit circle overlay timing dealio to see these notes instead.
Skvimpa

GoldenWolf wrote:

winber1 wrote:

the more you play, the better accuracy you will get and the easier the hp drain will seem to you (except as i said those very few maps).
And you generally die because of excessively long spinners :v
Or billion of sliders that reward no HP regen.
Litenang
Short sliders are literally the worst. I've died with 100% -> 98% accuracy by getting 100's on 6 short sliders in a row.
nrl
No you haven't, that doesn't even happen at HP10.

Unless you mean you missed six slider-starts in a row, in which case lol.
Litenang

Narrill wrote:

No you haven't, that doesn't even happen at HP10.

Unless you mean you missed six slider-starts in a row, in which case lol.
:<
nrl
;3
chainpullz

Narrill wrote:

Unless you mean you missed six slider-starts in a row, in which case lol.
The bane of my existence when it comes to cs5.2. I guess the better way to look at it is they would have been misses if it wasn't a slider. >_<
Please sign in to reply.

New reply