forum

Hand positioning on mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xaznlis
I've been having a problem with the hand placement on the mouse. For example, whenever I play osu... my hand tends to slide off the mouse resulting in a painful wrist, slacking in movement, and not having a grip on the mouse. Just wondering if there is any solution or tips to this rather than a trackpad. Thanks guys.
[ Rigel ]
Try not holding your mouse tightly. Loosen your grip a bit and relax. it might help reduce your wrist stress while playing.
Topic Starter
xaznlis
guess that's a point that i need to work on, i'm more of an tense player; need to start loosening up. thanks.
Synpoo
buy a tablet
Perplexion
lub up your hand
Pacze

[ Sylvia ] wrote:

Try not holding your mouse tightly. Loosen your grip a bit and relax. it might help reduce your wrist stress while playing.
Pretty much that, also, you may try to start some songs with the cursor at different places in the screen. I mean, for example, for me it's really hard to reach the upper border of my screen, as I find uncomfortable to move the mouse in that direction, but really easy to move it to the bottom border.

That's why I place my cursor somewhere nearly the top border of the screen, instead of the center (without changing my grab style, obviously) at the start of the songs, that way the circles will never get in a hard-to-reach place, cause if the circles are too far up, I just have to move the mouse to where I started the song.

Also;

- If you play on a window, you can move it too, it doesn't have to be in the center of the screen.
- sometimes changing your sens/dpi may help
- using your fingers to support your arm movement may be useful for some grab styles.
- the practice, as with nearly every other problem in this game, will solve it with time.
Litenang
I try to make sure the base of my palm and my pinky are already touching my mousepad. I play with really high dpi, so even the slightest slip makes big differences. However, because of that, I still can reach all areas even if my hand is halfway off my mouse. I think what Pacze is really important. I find it difficult to reach the bottom of my play window, so I tend to start in the bottom-middle.
FrzR

exozion wrote:

buy a tablet
pls
n9011

exozion wrote:

buy a tablet
no.

Sounds to me that you don't have a secure grip on your mouse. Could also be the ergonomics of your mouse if your just couldn't maintain your grip