Remaining consistent with lower BPM maps

posted
Total Posts
14
Topic Starter
Miyo
As I've become faster, both streaming and singletap speed, I have found that I'm struggling with perfect 300's on lower BPM streams, and doubles/triples, because I'm treating them as higher BPM maps, it's most notable between 160-180BPM. As a result my accuracy is suffering. Is this inconsistency something that will be better over time, or am I missing something? Comfortable (max) streaming speed = 205BPM. Thanks.
B1rd
You will only get consistent at slower streams my playing them. If you only stream high bpm you will lose the ability to do lower bpm properly.

B1rd wrote:

If you want to learn to stream properly, practice low bpm streams (120-140). This will teach you how to stream accurately and to the beat of the music and stop you from over-streaming. Here are a few practice maps-
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/25871 (and LRJ's)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/8086 (and ignore's)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/119463
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/109525

Do these. and also search in your osu! search bar 'bpm>119 bpm<141 ar>7' or something like that, and songs in this range will usually have slow streams. Play the songs and focus on getting accuracy, fully complete the songs and then retry them again and try to get better accuracy. Do this for half an hour or more a day and you should soon have a lot better control of your fingers.
Topic Starter
Miyo

B1rd wrote:

You will only get consistent at slower streams my playing them. If you only stream high bpm you will lose the ability to do lower bpm properly.

B1rd wrote:

If you want to learn to stream properly, practice low bpm streams (120-140). This will teach you how to stream accurately and to the beat of the music and stop you from over-streaming. Here are a few practice maps-
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/25871 (and LRJ's)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/8086 (and ignore's)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/119463
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/109525

Do these. and also search in your osu! search bar 'bpm>119 bpm<141 ar>7' or something like that, and songs in this range will usually have slow streams. Play the songs and focus on getting accuracy, fully complete the songs and then retry them again and try to get better accuracy. Do this for half an hour or more a day and you should soon have a lot better control of your fingers.
I see what you mean, and for the record most maps I play are between 160-190BPM. I'll take your advice and get practicing, thanks a lot!
Vuelo Eluko
it's because you don't know how to stream.
learn how to stream and you'll be able to stream.

no offense intended of course, but theres a difference between knowing how to stream which takes a lot of practice and knowing how to mash out keys as fast as you can which anyone can do.

If you only stream high bpm you will lose the ability to do lower bpm properly.
not really, if you learn how to stream properly you'll always do fine. thats like saying if you only do fast jumps you wont be able to do slow jumps, once you know the motion you know the motion and the rest just comes down to reading...

jesse could play 270 bpm stream maps for weeks nonstop and still be able to jump into mendes [modless] and full 300 the streams because hes good at streaming.
chainpullz
Turn everything to OD10 and you'll quickly find out if you are streaming or mashing.
CptBlackBird

chainpullz wrote:

Turn everything to OD10 and you'll quickly find out if you are streaming or mashing.
good idea,I will try this out tomorrow
Litenang
I find myself having trouble with streams lower than 140 bpm. I end up trying to single tap them even because it's so slow. That might be an option if your single taps are very fast (which should be the case if you can stream at 200+ bpm and not just mashing).
Gumpy
I end up streaming too fast or too slow and then I miss and fail.
B1rd

Riince wrote:

If you only stream high bpm you will lose the ability to do lower bpm properly.
not really, if you learn how to stream properly you'll always do fine. thats like saying if you only do fast jumps you wont be able to do slow jumps, once you know the motion you know the motion and the rest just comes down to reading...

jesse could play 270 bpm stream maps for weeks nonstop and still be able to jump into mendes [modless] and full 300 the streams because hes good at streaming.
I think what I've said was true. People like Woob and Rewben have stated they can't stream low bpm anymore from playing high bpm to much. It's like the people who only play 10.3 and now can't read AR9 anymore. IT's not like they couldn't read AR9 in the first place.
Litenang

B1rd wrote:

It's like the people who only play 10.3 and now can't read AR9 anymore. IT's not like they couldn't read AR9 in the first place.
I disagree. I find AR8 hard to read and AR7 extremely difficult to read. They just throw off my sense of rhythm because I see them so much earlier than I have to hit them. I can almost guarantee that any circle in ar7 or ar8 that just stands alone or starts right after a break section is a 50 or 100 for me.
B1rd
you said nothing to contradict what I said.
Aria Kanzaki
keep playing this until you get good accuracy
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0 Ai no Niwa 120BPM
Bauxe

Aria Kanzaki wrote:

keep playing this until you get good accuracy
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0 Ai no Niwa 120BPM
Yes, playing a single map at a static BPM is going to help you improve!

lolno
Faces

Riince wrote:

jesse could play 270 bpm stream maps for weeks nonstop and still be able to jump into mendes [modless] and full 300 the streams because hes good at streaming.
no its because he's jesse and does what he wants
Please sign in to reply.

New reply