forum

I need help.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nyanaro
So lets start with some history. So i am a left handed person but however i use my mouse on the right hand and from all my previous games. But now i have a tablet, and as i am left handed my right hand is controlling the keyboard. So my right hand has never before controlled the keyboard on its own and i am playing a game which requires just that. For the past 2 months i have adapted myself to the tablet and my right hand can do things such as short streams, triples and fast maps. But however no matter how hard i try my right hand is too hasty, i cannot control it properly. Because of this i click way too early despite the rhythm. No matter how many times i try with full focus i simply cannot click the circles to the beat, even in autopilot mode. When i switch the keyboard to my left hand on autopilot i can do everything properly. SO i if you understood this text i am asking your help. I wish to sync my uncontrollable right to the rest of my body.

(This Text is very confusing sorry :cry:)
B1rd
Is your issue with just streams or normal notes as well?
Topic Starter
Nyanaro

B1rd wrote:

Is your issue with just streams or normal notes as well?

On long streams yes, and in fast medium ranged jumps i usually have this problem
[-Cloud-]
Play more and learn to play to the music instead to the AR.
B1rd
Yeah basically just play more, it'll take time for your hand to adjust.

If you want to learn to stream properly, practice low bpm streams (120-140). This will teach you how to stream accurately and to the beat of the music and stop you from over-streaming. Here are a few practice maps-
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/25871 (and LRJ's)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/8086 (and ignore's)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/119463
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/109525

Do these. and also search in your osu! search bar 'bpm>119 bpm<141 ar>7' or something like that, and songs in this range will usually have slow streams. Play the songs and focus on getting accuracy, fully complete the songs and then retry them again and try to get better accuracy. Do this for half an hour or more a day and you should soon have a lot better control of your fingers.
chainpullz
Are you unable to grip the pen with your right hand or something? Like I understand your left hand is already accustomed to used writing utensils but if you have been aiming with you right hand when using a mouse I don't see why you can't just use your right hand with your tablet instead. Aiming with osu is more similar to using a mouse than to taking notes or something. I'm sure i would have noticed a difference in my speed at taking notes in math if that weren't the case.

But yeah, basically just practice and try to focus on the rhythm (this is a RHYTHM GAME first, and a point and click circles game 2nd).
kasdeya
practice
Litenang
You can always just come back to mouse and play the same way you use the computer.
Topic Starter
Nyanaro

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Play more and learn to play to the music instead to the AR.

chainpullz wrote:

Are you unable to grip the pen with your right hand or something? Like I understand your left hand is already accustomed to used writing utensils but if you have been aiming with you right hand when using a mouse I don't see why you can't just use your right hand with your tablet instead. Aiming with osu is more similar to using a mouse than to taking notes or something. I'm sure i would have noticed a difference in my speed at taking notes in math if that weren't the case.

But yeah, basically just practice and try to focus on the rhythm (this is a RHYTHM GAME first, and a point and click circles game 2nd).
.[/quote]

You didnt understand what i meant, the text was confusing tho so i dont blame you.

So i cannot control my right hand its not that can i play in the rhythm or not.
[-Cloud-]
If you can't control your right hand properly you have reading problems.
I have the same same problems with long singletapchains. After a time, my brain goes full retard and I just stop pressing the keys.

Also:

Nyanaro124 wrote:

its not that can i play in the rhythm or not.

Yes, it is. You lack practice and experience, so play more.
winber1
there is actually a special trick pros use that most noobs don't know about which helps stabilze your finger control, which in turn increases accuracy and consistency.

cheesecake
chainpullz

winber1 wrote:

there is actually a special trick pros use that most noobs don't know about which helps stabilze your finger control, which in turn increases accuracy and consistency.

cheesecake
But that requires leaving the house every now and then to restock. =/

Also, my brain goes full retard these days when a 6 note pattern pops up on the screen in ar9. It's always sad to ruin a 98%+ accuracy run with misses due to negligence when it comes to practicing ar9. If only I could play OD10 with such accuracy (wishes).