forum

HD+DT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Synpoo
thank you for the peppy points

do you guys think DT provides too large of a PP bonus?
B1rd
Probably.

I like how 2000pp is 20K rank.
cheezstik
While some might say it's just a preference, imo at some levels of play, it definitely does give too much. Just look at my profile, getting this amount of pp without DT requires a lot more accuracy and consistency, something I just don't have. If I couldn't use DT, I would easily be still back at 14k-15k at most, instead of 11.3k and still easily climbing.

At higher levels though, I think DT is balanced (More specifically, 200+pp songs).

PP gains from DT has already been nerfed in the past, they probably won't, or at least shouldn't nerf it again.
winber1
some dt scores provide too little pp in my personal opinion
El Koko
no
Raniemi
Yea I think I'm overranked because of my DT scores
Topic Starter
Synpoo
LOL that dt swag
B1rd
over-rated from jumps, under rated on tap heavy maps, difficult patterns etc.
Topic Starter
Synpoo
my biggest issue with playing DT is my left hand...my right hand can aim perfectly fine so i can clear easy single tap jump heavy maps, but my left hand can't keep up with the speed (especially when dealing with lots of triplets)

brb playing more
nrl
The only reason DT feels like it gives too much is because map complexity simply isn't considered at all, and DT-able are often much simpler than their non-DT counterparts. This is a flaw in the difficulty system as a whole, not DT specifically.
[ Zan ]
Some of my DT scores are really questionable because they gave way too much for the difficulty I had fc-ing it while some others seem like they really should give more so it's a bit hard to say whether it gives too much or not.
Vuelo Eluko

Raniemi wrote:

Yea I think I'm overranked because of my DT scores
same

[ Zan ] wrote:

Some of my DT scores are really questionable because they gave way too much for the difficulty I had fc-ing it while some others seem like they really should give more so it's a bit hard to say whether it gives too much or not.
thing is its not exclusive to dt thats just how it is for maps in general
in terms of dt, aim is overrated and speed is underrated, a few 210 bpm jumps can be worth more than 300 bpm streams
chainpullz
DT is all about speed pretty much. Either you have the speed and it's easy, or you don't and it won't matter how good your accuracy/aim is on slower maps. Once we start talking about DT on more complex maps though I definitely don't think it gives enough. Also, 260bpm maps with little complexity but enough singles don't give nearly enough for the work that goes into being able to single tap fast enough consistently.

If there is any mod that gives too much pp I'd say it's hidden considering it makes most things easier as opposed to harder once you learn it (outside of a few cases).

I've gotten to the point where I've been playing such a disproportionate amount of dt/hr that I can't read clutter in ar9 anymore and occasionally lose focus completely though my accuracy up until that point tends to be really high.
B1rd
I agree that high-bpm low-spacing singles don't give enough pp compared to lower bpm higher spacing.
Rewben2
Yes, dt is good for pp compared to nomod. The reason being IMO is that a shit ton of nomod maps that give pp are ar9, a lot of people find ar8+dt easier to read. The patterns when playing dt are also generally easier.
Topic Starter
Synpoo

chainpullz wrote:

DT is all about speed pretty much. Either you have the speed and it's easy, or you don't and it won't matter how good your accuracy/aim is on slower maps. Once we start talking about DT on more complex maps though I definitely don't think it gives enough. Also, 260bpm maps with little complexity but enough singles don't give nearly enough for the work that goes into being able to single tap fast enough consistently.

If there is any mod that gives too much pp I'd say it's hidden considering it makes most things easier as opposed to harder once you learn it (outside of a few cases).

I've gotten to the point where I've been playing such a disproportionate amount of dt/hr that I can't read clutter in ar9 anymore and occasionally lose focus completely though my accuracy up until that point tends to be really high.
so basically i'm being carried HD is what you're saying
cheezstik

chainpullz wrote:

Hidden gives a pretty insignificant amount of pp considering how much it can actually affect your accuracy if you haven't learned to play it. At a higher level, it's more common for most plays to be HD since they've actually taken the time and effort to learn to play HD.

Just like you say here:

chainpullz wrote:

It's not like dt/hr is easier than ar9, you've just gotten used to it and prefer it over ar9 now, same with hidden. Not that I see a single HD score in your top ranks anyway.

Hidden is balanced, especially since adding it to most <99% acc plays under 140pp would only give like an extra 15pp tops anyway.
nrl

chainpullz wrote:

Can we make it a rule that people who can't play hidden can't talk about playing hidden? Plenty of people shit all over it, but none of those people drop sight-read HD FCs on the daily. It's way tougher than you'd think.
Vuelo Eluko

Narrill wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Can we make it a rule that people who can't play hidden can't talk about playing hidden? Plenty of people shit all over it, but none of those people drop sight-read HD FCs on the daily. It's way tougher than you'd think.
hidden is a joke m8
B1rd

Riince wrote:

Narrill wrote:

hidden is a joke m8
Jesus doesn't like hidden either. Coincidence?
Topic Starter
Synpoo
rekt
nrl
It doesn't matter whether people like hidden, what matters is whether it adds difficulty. And it does.
D e s
No because u all too pro. thats why u think its easy.
Varetyr

Narrill wrote:

YES. PLEASE.
buny

Narrill wrote:

It doesn't matter whether people like hidden, what matters is whether it adds difficulty. And it does.
Somebody who plays hidden regularly will find hidden easier than no mod, and some maps become easier than hidden.

Narrill wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

It's easier than you'd think.

Hidden doesn't actually raise the difficulty of the map. The movement is exactly the same and unlike a higher ar, the reaction time required is exactly the same too. Not to mention the margin of error is also the same.
The only maps that make hidden hard are the maps that have a terrible beat mapped or an absurd amount of hidden notes that require a more advanced reading level.
Varetyr

buny wrote:

Somebody who plays hidden regularly will find hidden easier than no mod, and some maps become easier than hidden.
Yeah and Kynan finds HR easier than nomod, if you catch my drift
buny

Varetyr wrote:

buny wrote:

Yeah and Kynan finds HR easier than nomod, if you catch my drift
The higher approach rate counterbalances with the circle size, ultimately making it easier to play.
All his scores are dt, so he'd play better as ar gets higher and the circle size isn't as much of a problem at his level of play.
B1rd
High circle size is a problem at any level of play. The majority of people who find HR easier on properly matched AR probably just have bad low AR reading skills.
buny

B1rd wrote:

High circle size is a problem at any level of play. The majority of people who find HR easier on properly matched AR probably just have bad low AR reading skills.
Kynan is a player that plays ar10.3 constantly.

The trade off for a higher ar probably weighs more than the circle size difference.
Varetyr
Yeah so basically he played so many high AR songs he now finds AR10+ easier. But it's only because he's used to playing it, AR10+ itself isn't easy for common people.
Which is pretty much the same as HD, you just said it, "somebody who plays hidden regularly will find hidden easier than no mod". This is only true because he plays HD regularly in first place. I don't think anybody's 1st HD plays were better than their no mod plays, you have to learn it.

My point is, of course playing X mod can become "easier", after you've trained it up to a point it became easier to you, but initially it isn't. If the mod itself really was easier, then I highly doubt there would still be people playing without it. They don't play it for a reason.

tl;dr :

Narrill wrote:

show more