forum

[Archived] I believe I'm having a memory leak

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bowzaa
Problem Details: Memory leak(?)

Osu! almost always goes up to around 1,200,000K of usage when I'm mapping, and I have no idea why. I can try to get logs but I have no idea how, so if you'd like logs, let me know how to retrieve them and I'll gladly get them.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Ayesha Altugle
seems like a dupe (duplicate)
Kyonko Hizara
How long have you had osu! open for?

Having osu! open for long periods of time is known to cause memory leaks.
Topic Starter
Bowzaa

vahn10 wrote:

seems like a dupe (duplicate)
Nope, only this one is open.

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

How long have you had osu! open for?

Having osu! open for long periods of time is known to cause memory leaks.
About 30-45 minutes. I've been playing for 3 hours now (not editing) and it's staying around 200-300K.

Kyonko Hizara
When playing, it usually stays around the same for me. Leaving osu! open for days straight causes it to go up a little, usually to around 400k.

I do not map myself, so I am not sure if that high of a memory leak is normally caused in mapping, but osu! is still known to memory leak at times.
sheela
If I know correctly, the undos when mapping are the cause of memory leak.
Topic Starter
Bowzaa

sheela901 wrote:

I did undo quite a bit. I'll try it out soon.
sheela

Bowzaa wrote:

I did undo quite a bit. I'll try it out soon.
I mean that when you make changes in the map, it saves the thing before you made a change. In short, it's the undo saved (unless I'm saying it not right).
Rizumu Tenshi

sheela901 wrote:

I can't answer this correctly but when I had osu! open and was about to stream Pri Para I left it at the main menu, once I entered the editor this issue happened. Damn extreme lag spikes :x This is up to peppy.

Or...
How many gigabytes is your RAM? 4 here and osu! eats the available remainder.
Oinari-sama
How good is your internet?

You can try download the New Release System Testing version and put in into a new folder. Double click osu.exe and it'll download all the required files.

After that, go into Options and check Disable Undo State and see if that helps reducing memory usage.
Full Tablet

Baka Tenshi wrote:

sheela901 wrote:

I can't answer this correctly but when I had osu! open and was about to stream Pri Para I left it at the main menu, once I entered the editor this issue happened. Damn extreme lag spikes :x This is up to peppy.

Or...
How many gigabytes is your RAM? 4 here and osu! eats the available remainder.
osu! crashes when it gets to ~1.3GB of private memory, no matter how much RAM you have available in your PC.
Rizumu Tenshi
Bara-
Disable undo states in options to disable 'lags'