forum

Tokyo Ghoul ending discussion (includes spoilers)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rise_old_1
What do you think of the Tokyo ghoul ending?
Was the overall show good in your opinion, or bad?

I'm curious to see people's opinions about this :)

For overall my score for the show is REALLY high up there, around 9.2/10, missing points for censorship of gore. (although that in some way is good aswell, I wouldn't want to see Kaneki's legs and arms cut off over and over and over again.)

So... with the continuation of the discussion... WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Jindujun93
Tokyo Ghoul was basically just Deadman Wonderland 2.0 for me... which basically means that it wasn't worth my time. Overall way too rushed, several elements that just seemed way out of place (I'm looking at you, Tsukiyama) and way too much censoring.
Topic Starter
Rise_old_1

Jindujun93 wrote:

Tokyo Ghoul was basically just Deadman Wonderland 2.0 for me... which basically mains that it wasn't worth my time. Overall way too rushed, several elements that just seemed way out of place (I'm looking at you, Tsukiyama) and way too much censoring.

I haven't thought about it that way, it's a nice way to look at it, but I don't look at it as a waste of time, but as a good overall show (if you don't look at too much problems it had.)

+ I did expect the anime to be not that great because of the studio that made it and it's past works, which we're co-projects on mediocre or a little bit higher Anime's.
chainpullz
Tokyo ghoul had an ending? I coulda swore after this weeks eps there would be another couple leading to a conclusion. Maybe that would be too nice...
tehmadman
edgy/10

Akira is best grill

That is all.
killindcity
the anime had its problems but it wasn't that bad overall, but i didn't think they would end the season so early in the story
chainpullz
Well, my friend who read the manga basically said that it was going to end right as things start happening the moment he saw it was getting a split cour. It's just sad that they didn't even adjust pacing to find a suitable break point with even the slightest bit of closure. I'm pretty sure if they had squeezed in a couple more episodes worth, or dragged it out so the last 2 episodes worth of content didn't air then it would be a better splitting point at the expense of pacing.
Arcanine
IMO, it was a good episode but just a bad way to end this season. It seems that the anime had tried to tl;dr the manga a little to fit as much as they could in these 12 episodes. Maybe a few more episodes to end this arc would've been nice.
Katze

Jindujun93 wrote:

Tokyo Ghoul was basically just Deadman Wonderland 2.0 for me... which basically means that it wasn't worth my time. Overall way too rushed, several elements that just seemed way out of place (I'm looking at you, Tsukiyama) and way too much censoring.
Agreed on the "way too rushed & censored" point as I haven't seen Deadman Wonderland.
But I'm a fan of the Manga.
moeanao
Well I think it was better to end it there than rushing through the arc (which they already had done to a big extent)
I enjoyed the show, but when I read the manga (when it was like episode 4 I think) I got disappointed. Still nice to see everything animated tho. (but they skipped so much of my bae Suzuya's introduction D:)
But there will be a second season in January, no? ^_^
I would seriously recommend everyone to read the manga, it's so much better, really.
KazmiSain
I love Tokyo Ghoul. Tokyo ghoul and zankyo no terror are the best animes this season in my opinion.
i've watched the anime series and read the complete manga.
The manga was so much better then anime series, in the manga they atleast introduced us to the new charecthers. But in the anime series they didnt introduce at all for example. Juuzou Suzuya. In the manga they show us how Juuzou is like in the ccg and elsewhere. But in the anime they just show us that he bumped into kaneki and that he was in the ccg, without saying anything.

Dont get me started about the censoring :cry: Freakin kids, censoring Tokyo ghoul is like censoring Elfen Lied. Censoring Elfen Lied would of been shit.
I really hope that they release a uncensored version after a while. That would be worth buying.

In the anime they also dropped out some extra stuff from the manga that was really good. Minor manga spoiler
Manga spoiler
Like when Touka chan and Kaneki were at the CCG to give false information about the little girl (Hinami or something dont remember) My heart was pumping SO MUCH when Mado san took Kaneki back inside the CCG to check the RC Cell's

Overall i love Tokyo Ghoul but im a little disapointed about the anime series.
roloi
My brother and I kept waiting for the moment when he JUST RAGE AND MAKE HELL OUT OF ANYTHING
but the as the chit chat with Rize dragged so much until half of the episode, we lost our hopes.
It was a bit rushed though, and there's a lot of things yet to be explained (like The One-Eyed Owl)

Left me hanging, because I haven't read the manga, but kinda nice when he finally went amok for the last few minutes.
-Seren-
manga spoiler
Tokyo Ghoul's ending is like wtf, like, it has left us fans cliffhanging, and it's ended there?? just like that????? and did Kaneki really die at the end? cos I read it hastily lol
KazmiSain

-Seren- wrote:

Tokyo Ghoul's ending is like wtf, like, it has left us fans cliffhanging, and it's ended there?? just like that????? and did Kaneki really die at the end? cos I read it hastily lol
thats a manga spoiler dude, were all talking about the series. Add a spoiler box to it.
chainpullz
I'm still waiting for eps 13. Must be some really terrible production delays...
KazmiSain

chainpullz wrote:

I'm still waiting for eps 13. Must be some really terrible production delays...
There's no episode 13. The author of Tokyo ghoul has confirmed that the second season will be released in January 2015.
-Seren-

KazmiSain wrote:

-Seren- wrote:

-spoiler-
thats a manga spoiler dude, were all talking about the series. Add a spoiler box to it.
sorry dude, it wasnt specified in the title and besides the manga has already ended so that's how I was oblivious regarding to the discussion
KazmiSain
No prob, the title can be somewhat misunderstood
There's comming a Tokyo Ghoul sequal soo its not over yet :) The author has said that this is the last volume of Tokyo ghoul. And the Sequal is going to tell us what happend after the last chapter.
U can read the sequal Here
Gumpy

KazmiSain wrote:

second season will be released in January 2015.
Well then I can watch it next year instead of this year.