forum

Can someone explain me more about followpoints?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MiloSx7
Hello, i want to make a followpoint for my skin, but i don't understand how do they work
In some skins i see multiple files like:
followpoint.png
followpoint-1.png
followpoint1.png
etc...

I couldn't understand what are all these for, and I'm struggling to make my own (2 white lines with transparent middle, sth like this)

xD Sorry i didn't know how to explain....
I make one followpoint but the lines are very pixelised, and at longer jumps looks like its displaying the same image 5 times in a row (5 images stacked) and it looks so bad in general. I'm struggling for 2 hours now and have no idea what to do
Anyone can help me, explain me why multiple files, and how does followpoints work? Thanks!

p.s don't make the files for me or give me already made ones. I want to learn too... c:
Mathsma
followpoint.png alone will make the skin not use animation for the follow points, they will appear instantly from the current note to the next. followpoint-# are animated follow points. osu! will run through each of the follow point images in order. If both followpoint.png and followpoint-#.png are present, the followpoint-#.png will be used because animation images take precedence over non-animation files.

If you see followpoint1.png without the "-", it is likely someone is just saving that follow point image in their skin so that they can change from one follow point to another relatively quickly if they decide to. It's the same reason why some people name multiple cursors in their skin cursor1, cursor2, etc; the skin ignores those files because they are not properly named to a skinnable item.

Next time you should asking skinning related questions in the skinning support thread - t/51694
Topic Starter
MiloSx7
Okay, thanks for the help! And, no problem, i will bookmark it and ask there from now on.
This is solved, so can be locked.
BTSnARMy 1993

Mathsma wrote:

followpoint.png alone will make the skin not use animation for the follow points, they will appear instantly from the current note to the next. followpoint-# are animated follow points. osu! will run through each of the follow point images in order. If both followpoint.png and followpoint-#.png are present, the followpoint-#.png will be used because animation images take precedence over non-animation files.

If you see followpoint1.png without the "-", it is likely someone is just saving that follow point image in their skin so that they can change from one follow point to another relatively quickly if they decide to. It's the same reason why some people name multiple cursors in their skin cursor1, cursor2, etc; the skin ignores those files because they are not properly named to a skinnable item.

Next time you should asking skinning related questions in the skinning support thread - forum/t/51694
can I delete it?
JustABeginner
Yes. 1x1 pixel and name it as followpoint. It can be found in any custom skins.
Again, do create a new thread next time. And add to my point just now, don't bump old threads please.