forum

How to read AR10?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bara-
So I can play up to AR 9.5, but from then, it gets impossible.
The maps it self are not too hard, and as i can pass them np with Ez (ranked maps+Airman), they are not out of my league.
Now, when I play multi with friends, they most likely pock a AR 10 map, so I have to use Ez, which is a pain at some maps.
Are there good maps to train High AR like 9.7+?
Thanks
Please don't say play more. I know this is the most given answer here, but I want to know WHAT i should play more. Ar 9.5? Ar8+Dt etc.
Gumpy
144hz monitor help a lot cuz you see the circle for more frames. So your eyes and brain have more time to register that it's there, not saying it's not possible with 60hz ofc, but it's a lot easier with 144hz. Also playing AR9.6 should help.

Play More.
gregest
edit the maps to AR10
Synpoo
spam Big Black + NF and you'll be able to read AR10 in no time
Topic Starter
Bara-

CptBlackBird wrote:

edit the maps to AR10 imo
But I can't play Ar10
Shouldn't I then set it to 9.6 and constantly higher?
FlyingKebab
If want to read AR10 then play AR10, pick the maps you like and edit the to AR10 in the editor as new difficulties.

EDIT: AR10 is overrated.
B1rd
Practice AR10 to get good at AR10.
dung eater

Gumpyyy wrote:

144hz monitor help a lot cuz you see the circle for more frames. So your eyes and brain have more time to register that it's there, not saying it's not possible with 60hz ofc, but it's a lot easier with 144hz. Also playing AR9.6 should help.

Play More.
Advantage in time stuff appears on screen is less than 1 ms at best, assuming the refresh rate is the only factor changing.

(1/60-1/144 < 0.01)
otoed1
Play More. Ok, more specifically, play more AR 10. Too simple for you? Ok. Take various ar 9 maps and re map them to AR 9.5 if the difficulty jump is too high, etc etc.
buny

jaaakb wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

Play More.
Advantage in time stuff appears on screen is less than 1 ms at best, assuming the refresh rate is the only factor changing.

(1/60-1/144 < 0.01)
it's a lot smoother though
B1rd
the circles look smooth and sexy but practically zero performance boost.
buny

B1rd wrote:

the circles look smooth and sexy but practically zero performance boost.
arguable - smoother approach circles may be easier to react to.
I know I got a million times better at ar11 when I started using 144hz, and ar10 felt slower
B1rd
maybe it does help then. idk.
nrl
Of course it helps. Effective frame rate offers a direct boost to clarity.
unko

baraatje123 wrote:

Please don't say play more.
what do you expect us to say? playing more pretty much is the only solution to getting better at it. it's not like there's some super magical trick to being able to read ar10
Synpoo
replace your eyes and brain with cookiezi's
Aria Kanzaki
play AR 10 songs only with relax. after getting used to it, play it real and you will be able to pass the map easily. when i started learning AR 10.3, i played with relax for the first week and now i FCed AR 10.3 song today.
nrl

exozion wrote:

cookiezi had eye problems. Maybe not the best idea.
ZenithPhantasm
Edit maps to 9.5, 9.6, ... until you reach AR10. Alternatively you could play FPS games to improve your reaction time.
ZenithPhantasm

Narrill wrote:

exozion wrote:

cookiezi had eye problems. Maybe not the best idea.
Lolol this made my day.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Thanks guys
Blueprint
Lower your refresh rate to 30 learn ar 9 again till your good at it then set it back to 60.

Also just throwing this out there you might think to your self oh I could play this map if I could read AR 10 this maps easy, when you actually learn AR 10 you will come to the conclusion hey this map is actually hard nothing to do with the AR
nooblet

Narrill wrote:

Of course it helps. Effective frame rate offers a direct boost to clarity.
I play 120 fps limited and fail to maintain 120 ... Is this why I can't AR 10 ;w;

OP - You don't need to learn AR 10 now that there are decimal AR's! Yay! Unless you're an HR player ... If you seriously want to play AR 10, then play higher bpm maps. Maps with more notes/higher note density are much easier to read on high AR. Also, increase incrementally 0.1 at a time. I can read 9.7 quite easily now but 10 is still horrible unless it's a fast map.
Frc
With the osu! monitor you can read AR10 and AR11 even AR12 and become the rank 1 of reading, only for 19.99 dollars.

Ok, seriously, reading higher ARs is a matter of playing maps with AR10 until you´re used to it, i guess, there isn´t other way, play more.
tfg50

jaaakb wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

Play More.

(1/60-1/144 < 0.01)
Actualy, it is approximately 0.0097 (if the windows' calculator didn't screw up) and that is actually 9.7ms.

1/1000 s=1ms=0.001s
Unless for some reason a milisecond in osu! is 1/100 seconds lol.
chainpullz
I played HR for like a week and now I can read most of the things I could read without it just fine with it. The OD10 and CS5.2 will greatly increase your accuracy/aim over time too. Just make sure if you ever want to play ar9 seriously again that you play both otherwise your ar9 reading will get rusty and it will be painful to go back when you know you can actually read it better ar10.
nrl

nooblet wrote:

I play 120 fps limited and fail to maintain 120 ... Is this why I can't AR 10 ;w;
I don't want to say yes, but I honestly couldn't imagine playing at 120 fps.
koromo

Narrill wrote:

nooblet wrote:

I don't want to say yes, but I honestly couldn't imagine playing at 120 fps.
I played at 120 fps for like 6 months. Could get FCs and all but honestly once I got rid of the frame limiter everything was a lot easier to read.

120 fps is like, the bare minimum for AR10 (imo).
chainpullz
I accidentally left my frame limiter on 120 once and it took a week of playing like total trash to realize that I had done so. After switching it off I started playing better again. Nowadays it's me forgetting to put osu! in fullscreen mode and flailing around for 10 minutes confused about input lag.
nrl
It accidentally toggled on me when I logged on earlier. I actually checked to see if I had a virus scan running, it looked that choppy. I too played at 120 for a while, and now that I don't I'm really not sure how I ever did.
GoldenWolf

Saves 137 lifes per day
Gilochan
if u dont want to practice AR10, try play AR8/9 with HR.

i'm a CTB HR player, i can HR/AR10 easily on CTB. well i started to play STD now and i can read AR10/HR in STD thanks to my CTB skills . but well slow hand.

i dont think practice DT can improve your AR10 reading though. My point is it's better you play with AR8/9 with HR or just go for AR10.
nrl

GoldenWolf wrote:

Saves 137 lifes per day
senpai pls
Karuta-_old_1
Just get used to AR9, I can get good accuracy with ar9 other than streaming maps/maps require single tapping skills

I can generally play ar10 with 5 stars or less, never bothered to FC cause I really hate ar10
Athrun
Try this Ar 10 song (well, it is a good training map to start off with): https://osu.ppy.sh/s/73734

Song is HujuniseikouyuuP - IMAGINARY LIKE THE JUSTICE

Confirmed Clementine is still alive.
AGCD
"how to read ar10"
play DT

and don't play AR=10 maps, they'll fuck up your reading if they're non fitting maps (CRN maps for example), ranked AR10s are good
show more