forum

Final Fantasy XIII on PC

posted
Total Posts
show more
yeahyeahyeahhh
Yeah. Never got a chance to finish it on PS# (wasn't mine) so.
Oinari-sama

Azure_Kite wrote:

FF6 is always forgotten ;A;
I can never forget FF6... it's the first FF that made me rage over combo breaks damn you Mashu aaaaaah
ColdTooth
I pre-ordered it on steam, hopefully going to get into it before some other games bring me in
Mogsy

Azure_Kite wrote:

FF6 is always forgotten ;A;
Still one of the most popular ones, but yeah, tied for my favourite. Wrote a paper in uni on it, even.

As far as FFXIII being on PC is concerned, well...it'll make me more tempted to replay it, at least. Not my favourite entry in the franchise by a long shot but it's not the worst thing I've ever played. Decent stream fodder, probably.
Topic Starter
Gumpy
Oh never mind it's apperantly a shit console port locked to 720p unless you mod it.
BrokenArrow
Cancer.
silmarilen

Gumpyyy wrote:

Oh never mind it's apperantly a shit console port locked to 720p unless you mod it.
welp thanks, that's what i was looking for
no FF13 for me i guess
Topic Starter
Gumpy

silmarilen wrote:

welp thanks, that's what i was looking for
no FF13 for me i guess
I will still play it, but the 2 other games in the trilogy I will definantly wait and see how it goes first. I bought FF13 cuz Squere has a good track record on ports atleast in recent years.
Azure_Kite
Unless you're using a PS4 controller, face buttons for gamepads are a mixed bag in terms of being right, and there is no option to fix them or change them. Even Xbox 360 controllers have been having issues with swapped button mappings and the like. x360ce doesn't work to emulate xInput, either.

Pressing Escape will just kill the process, ending your game regardless of progress made without so much as an issue, whereas alt + f4 brings up a menu.
Topic Starter
Gumpy
Hopefully the dev will listen too feedback and fix it. I have seen them around the community hub and seeing as how japanese audio was eventually added to the global release they have listened a bit. From what I hear this is worse then the Dark Souls 1 port.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
My gosh, did Square become greedy..
ColdTooth
> 5 minutes to watch a cutscene
> 5 minutes to fight miniboss
> boss has 10% hp and one shots me without warning

Thanks. Now I gotta waste another 10 minutes, fuck you too chapter 3
Topic Starter
Gumpy

ColdTooth wrote:

Well it's about learning the boss and learning when to do stuff. All "One Shots" in the game can be avoided by simply healing.
BrokenArrow
Also you can skip the cutscenes. At least on Ps3 you could, haven't tried the PC version yet (still downloading for almost 30 hours)
Topic Starter
Gumpy
Not being able too skip cutscene would be really damn dumb. I'm gonna come back here once I'm able too play it on sunday.
Topic Starter
Gumpy
After having played it for 5-6 hours the only way too play is to limit yourself to 30 fps and render the game at some ridicules resolution with Gedosato. Then Downscaling to 720p cuz the text is horrible too look at on 1080p. And still have framedrops everywhere.
AutoMedic
A terrible console port

Heck, Realm Reborn is more playable than this shit
ColdTooth

Gumpyyy wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

Well it's about learning the boss and learning when to do stuff. All "One Shots" in the game can be avoided by simply healing.
I call bullshit

There's only 2 difficulties, easy and normal, which makes no damn sense, and the fact that these one shots come at a random time

Therefore, I can't switch my shift from Relentless Assault to the healing shift in time when it casts Crystal Rain

Am I supposed to not play as Lightning?
AutoMedic
what a waste of fifty six gigabytes

gee, 30 fps sure is fun
BrokenArrow

ColdTooth wrote:

I call bullshit

There's only 2 difficulties, easy and normal, which makes no damn sense, and the fact that these one shots come at a random time

Therefore, I can't switch my shift from Relentless Assault to the healing shift in time when it casts Crystal Rain

Am I supposed to not play as Lightning?
If you are trying to say this is game is too hard
l2p
Topic Starter
Gumpy

Sonatora wrote:

A terrible console port

Heck, Realm Reborn is more playable than this shit
FF14 came out on PC first.
Azure_Kite

WE ARE FLYING COCOON AIRLINES TONIGHT, FOLKS.
Topic Starter
Gumpy

Azure_Kite wrote:

LOL
Lasse
probably the worst port I've played in a long time :(

Would've rather gotten supporter for 2 months...
Leguna

Azure_Kite wrote:

lol. that's cute
Trash Boat
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is now available for (pre)purchase on Steam with 10% off

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292140
Topic Starter
Gumpy

Trash Boat wrote:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is now available for (pre)purchase on Steam with 10% off

http://store.steampowered.com/app/292140
Well at least this one is smaller since they used a different compression method for the prerenders.
evora
I could spend 10 minutes in the beatmap editor with nothing but a keyboard and still make a better Final Fantasy game than this. :x Utter waste of bandwidth.
Topic Starter
Gumpy

dMfU360 wrote:

I could spend 10 minutes in the beatmap editor with nothing but a keyboard and still make a better Final Fantasy game than this. :x Utter waste of bandwidth.
Everyone has their taste in what FF game they like. Personally this is my second favorite behind FF9 and then FF6 comes at a every close third.
Pegram
FFXIII was one of my favorites as well (although I've only played a few), I played it through on both PS3 and Xbox360, but never 100% all the side-quests etc. From FFXIII-2, which I didn't really like that much compared to the first one of the trilogy, I got the platinum trophy since it was lot easier than in FFXIII, although I'm planning to 100% that one day too. I'm planning to get the Steam version out of FFXIII at least, but need to get a new HDD first, lol, this one's way too packed ;w; Plus I'm still in the middle of LR:FFXIII so... yeah.

Great thing they patched in graphic options, anyway
Dokixdoki
Considering buying it, but then I could get a PS3 and get other things like Gundam Dynasty Warriors
Topic Starter
Gumpy
1080p patch came and there are small black bars on each side... wonderful.
BrokenArrow
The patch doesn't do anything, you could already adjust the resolution by using GeDoSaTo. They didn't even bother adjusting the font resolution which makes the game horrible to look at.
FPS issues are still there as well, this is a bad joke.
Phzm
So many people hating this game again. Y U HATE.

I like it :( I bought it.

With max settings it still looks old but it's OK. The game is 50Go tho, it's just buttfukin your HDD...
Topic Starter
Gumpy

Phzm wrote:

So many people hating this game again. Y U HATE.
With max settings it still looks old but it's OK. The game is 50Go tho, it's just buttfukin your HDD...
The problem is the abysmal framerate.
Hika
I can't play this on PC because the frames are just so crappy. I'll never hate the game though <3
I already can't deal with them on consoles anyway, ugh.
Phzm
I have framedrops in 2 really large gran pulse areas but that's all :\ in fight it's ok. But yeah it's always annoying to have framedrops. I'm kinda used to it because i play skyrim with a really heavy ENB and almost infinite LOD so if i turn the camera in a certain direction i can get ridiculous framedrops. It's like have a sun ray right in the eye when you're outside :p i can handle it...
BrokenArrow
I'm replaying the game on PS3 right now because the frame rate is noticibly better and there are much less frame drops
Not sure if it's just me but games (in general) feel a lot smoother if you play them on a bigger screen with ~4m distance between you and the TV. Might have to do something with eyes not being able to notice lower framerates in the far but idk, maybe I'm just imagining things~
Hika

BrokenArrow wrote:

I'm replaying the game on PS3 right now because the frame rate is noticibly better and there are much less frame drops
Not sure if it's just me but games (in general) feel a lot smoother if you play them on a bigger screen with ~4m distance between you and the TV. Might have to do something with eyes not being able to notice lower framerates in the far but idk, maybe I'm just imagining things~
No, I agree completely.

But maybe on PS3 it's significantly better because of course the better graphics versus the 360.
In my experience of playing between the three, it would have to be PS3 > XBOX > PC in terms of the lower framerates. On PC, I get terrible drops when I'm on top of Taejin's Tower and yeah, patches of Gran Pulse here. Sometimes a small drop when I'm in Sulyya Springs.

Imagine when FFXIII Lightning Returns comes out on PC (if it hasn't already). There's already a mega frame rate drop when one of the monsters spawn and crap. It's terrrrrrrrrible.
Phzm

BrokenArrow wrote:

Not sure if it's just me but games (in general) feel a lot smoother if you play them on a bigger screen with ~4m distance between you and the TV.
Exactly. I'm playing a few games this way (my laptop closed, linked by HDMI to TV, controls from an XBOX pad). I started doing it for Dark Souls and Sonic and now that i'm used to it i tried playing heavy games this way. Even if the resolution seems cheaper, i looks smooth because of the distance. The problem is that i cant play most of my games with the controler... and rogue-like and bullet hells (80% of my playtime) looks awfull on TV. But it surely depends of the TV. Back to the original topic : FFXII, even PC version, looks better on TV (same for sonic adv2, and both games were designed for consoles).