Gumpy
Anyone else who bought it instantly?

Steam Link
Azure_Kite
"Not I", said the kite
AutoMedic
nah, not gonna buy it
BrokenArrow
I already played it on PS3, I'm a big FF fan but after Fable Anniversary I don't trust in games ported from consoles anymore

"Additional Notes: A game controller using Xinput is reccomended for this game. (If using a DirectInput based controller, please use the driver side key configuration to adjust settings as required )"

That basically confirms that mouse/keyboard controls will be crappy
Azure_Kite
In other words, a worse effort put into it than FFIII
Ceph23
XIII sucked in all aspects compared to the previous FF games. (well except graphics, but that's a given)
And XIII-II sucked even more so that I never played it again after the main story.
Lightning returns is meh tier.

Seriously. I was really dissapointed with this particular saga
AutoMedic

Azure_Kite wrote:

at least FFVII is better than that shit

i enjoyed FFVII
Azure_Kite

Sonatora wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

at least FFVII is better than that shit

i enjoyed FFVII
In it's defense, FFIII was a great remake as a DS title. Then they did absolutely nothing to it for the iOS, Android and PC ports. It's hilarious to consider that the base price point is still $15 for a PC version of a 2006 DS game.

Okay. I lied, they put "HD" textures onto the models.

I am kinda tempted to try my hand at modding it though, since most of FF3's scripts for PC are essentially plaintext. I would suppose the same is likely true for FFIV as well. Anyways, sorry for the digression.
Topic Starter
Gumpy
Guess i'm the only person who likes FF13 on here then ;_;. Now if they just bring FF9 on PC we have all the good ones.
BrokenArrow
No no you aren't, I love it too but I don't think the PC version would be worth the money if you already got it for PS3.
But then again it's only ~12€ on steam so I might get it anyways~
Topic Starter
Gumpy

BrokenArrow wrote:

No no you aren't, I love it too but I don't think the PC version would be worth the money if you already got it for PS3.
But then again it's only ~12€ on steam so I might get it anyways~
I'm getting on PC because I want more FF games on PC and the PS3 version feels like it runs at 20 fps at times.
Azure_Kite

Gumpyyy wrote:

Now if they just bring FF9 on PC we have all the good ones.
But... You're kinda missing the best FF ever! FF6 is always forgotten ;A;

General FF Thread? Generall FF Thread. I'm currently playing through X on the Vita, since I missed it on PS2. So far, there have been quite a few cutscenes that have left me cringing at the tacky dubbing, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for the time being. At the very least, having a future protagonist being the narrator is kinda unique to the series.
Topic Starter
Gumpy

Azure_Kite wrote:

FF6 is always forgotten ;A;
Is one of the best.
AutoMedic

Gumpyyy wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

Is one of the best.
I second
yeahyeahyeahhh
Yeah. Never got a chance to finish it on PS# (wasn't mine) so.
Oinari-sama

Azure_Kite wrote:

I can never forget FF6... it's the first FF that made me rage over combo breaks damn you Mashu aaaaaah
ColdTooth
I pre-ordered it on steam, hopefully going to get into it before some other games bring me in
Mogsy

Azure_Kite wrote:

Still one of the most popular ones, but yeah, tied for my favourite. Wrote a paper in uni on it, even.

As far as FFXIII being on PC is concerned, well...it'll make me more tempted to replay it, at least. Not my favourite entry in the franchise by a long shot but it's not the worst thing I've ever played. Decent stream fodder, probably.
Topic Starter
Gumpy
Oh never mind it's apperantly a shit console port locked to 720p unless you mod it.
BrokenArrow
Cancer.
silmarilen

Gumpyyy wrote:

Oh never mind it's apperantly a shit console port locked to 720p unless you mod it.
welp thanks, that's what i was looking for
no FF13 for me i guess
Topic Starter
Gumpy

silmarilen wrote:

welp thanks, that's what i was looking for
no FF13 for me i guess
I will still play it, but the 2 other games in the trilogy I will definantly wait and see how it goes first. I bought FF13 cuz Squere has a good track record on ports atleast in recent years.
Azure_Kite
Unless you're using a PS4 controller, face buttons for gamepads are a mixed bag in terms of being right, and there is no option to fix them or change them. Even Xbox 360 controllers have been having issues with swapped button mappings and the like. x360ce doesn't work to emulate xInput, either.

Pressing Escape will just kill the process, ending your game regardless of progress made without so much as an issue, whereas alt + f4 brings up a menu.
show more