forum

[invalid] /version and /status command

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Has it ever bothered you that you have to go back to the main menu to see the version or else?

The /version command displays in chat what version of osu! you are using and when it was compiled.
Just a simple little thing.

The second command, /status tells you about osu!'s status.

If you ever came back to osu!, e.g. after work, and come back to a pause screen, or want to know if you're spectating someone

It will tell you how many beatmaps you have, what time it is, how long osu! has been running for, and, should you be performing an action, it will tell you what you are doing. Here's the output, per line. {} mark variables

you have {map total} beatmaps available! osu! running for {Run time}. It is {Clock time}.
{Status line 1}
{Status line 2}
Running in {Resolution} with {Renderer} at {fps} FPS.

{Status Line 1} can be one of the following:
Playing {Song} [{Difficulty}] <{Gamemode}> +Mods ({% through map})
Watching {User} play {Song} [{Difficulty}] <{Gamemode}> +Mods ({% through map})
Listening to {Song} ({% through song})
Editing {Song} [{Difficulty}] ({% through map})
Submitting {Song}
Idle multiplayer with {Song} [{Difficulty}] <{Gamemode}> +Mods ({% through map})
Multiplaying {Song} [{Difficulty}] <{Gamemode}> +Mods ({% through map})
Idle at {Menu} menu.

{Status Line 2} Depends on what the osu! is doing.
For playing:
Score: {Score} Combo: {Combo}/{Maxcombo} Accuracy: {Acc}
For spectating:
Player: {Host} Combo: {Combo}/{Maxcombo} Accuracy: {Acc}
Listening to has no added info.
for Editing:
Previous Timing point: {Offset} Offset {Bpm} BPM Soundtype {Soundset}. Selected {notecount} notes. Star rating {Stars} stars.
Submitting has no added info.
For Idle multiplayer:
Competitiors: {Array of players{mods assigned}} {Global modifier if necessary}
For Multiplaying:
- Head to Head:
- - Your score/accuracy/combo: {score/accuracy/combo}. Leader is {Leading player}
- Team / Tag Team
- - Team score/accuracy/combo: {score/accuracy/combo}. Team {Colour} is leading.
- Coop
- - Team score/accuracy/combo: {score/accuracy/combo}. It's {player}'s turn.
Piine
I feel this is really stalkish if you are able to check other people statuses.....
- Marco -
I like this idea c:
Shadowriver

Sulker wrote:

I feel this is really stalkish if you are able to check other people statuses.....
They can already add you freely to friend list to see your status all the time with notifications
Bara-
I don't understand /status
So it it actually /status username to show what they are doing? Then I understand Status line 1, but I really do not get status line 2 ;-;
Looks good, but yeah, a little stalkish tbh
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
No, the /status command shows the status for yourself, you enter /status and it gives you info. It's useful if you need to help know what's going on with osu! and what you were doing when you get back.
Bara-
Oh
I get it, you pause and do something else, and now you know what you're doing
I still don't get line 2 ;-;
XPJ38

Kitokofox wrote:

Has it ever bothered you that you have to go back to the main menu to see the version or else?
Unless you are a dev, I don't see why you would be that concerned about the client version number.
Osuology
I don't feel like this is necessary.
deadbeat
yeah, i don't think this is needed. all the information is already available anyway