forum

Piko - Roku Chounen to Ichiya Monogatari

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arcuntus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on viernes, 26 de septiembre de 2014 at 13:30:18

Artist: Piko
Title: Roku Chounen to Ichiya Monogatari
Source: PANDORA VOXX -reboot-
Tags: kemu six trillion years and overnight story suzumu hatsuko ke-sanβ
BPM: 186
Filesize: 14885kb
Play Time: 02:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4,94 stars, 518 notes)
Download: Piko - Roku Chounen to Ichiya Monogatari
Download: Piko - Roku Chounen to Ichiya Monogatari (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
WIP. This is the first serious map I've uploaded here. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Lazly-kun
Insane:
00:15:861 (5) - I think the end of this slider needs a louder hitsound, because the parts before it with the same pattern(in the music) have them clearly audible.
00:16:023 (6) - Same as last one.
00:19:732 (3,4) - Same thing with the hitsounds.
00:57:394 (4,5) - I think people would expect all of the sliders here to start from the left, but I don't know what you would do with the 4 that way, just a suggestion, but I think you should flip the slider leave the circle where it is.
01:17:797 (3,4) - Another thing with the hitsounds, if you do want to change those that is.
01:20:539 (4,5) - Same as last.

Sorry if the mod isn't very useful, I'm not that good at modding, and this map is really great, finding anything that might be wrong with it is difficult.
If you think this was useful, here is the mod for M4M: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/205537
Topic Starter
Arcuntus

Lazly-kun wrote:

Insane:
00:15:861 (5) - I think the end of this slider needs a louder hitsound, because the parts before it with the same pattern(in the music) have them clearly audible.
00:16:023 (6) - Same as last one.
00:19:732 (3,4) - Same thing with the hitsounds.
00:57:394 (4,5) - I think people would expect all of the sliders here to start from the left, but I don't know what you would do with the 4 that way, just a suggestion, but I think you should flip the slider leave the circle where it is.
01:17:797 (3,4) - Another thing with the hitsounds, if you do want to change those that is.
01:20:539 (4,5) - Same as last.

Sorry if the mod isn't very useful, I'm not that good at modding, and this map is really great, finding anything that might be wrong with it is difficult.
If you think this was useful, here is the mod for M4M: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/205537
I didn't really notice the thing with the hitsounds, but the part with the backwards spinner is something I definitely missed. I found a way to work it out and I'll update the map soon, hopefully with the song complete. Thanks so much for the mod! I'll be sure to mod your map :)
GuiltyGecko
Hi from Gecko's Modding Queue! I playtested the map as best I could, but it's actually above my skill level (play wise, can still mod it.)

Since it's only one difficulty at the moment, I won't bother with a spoiler box:

General:
  1. I suppose you already know this, but just in case, you'll need to have at least one more difficulty (normal/easy) for the mapset. The song isn't long enough to be a marathon map.

Insane:
  2. 00:14:894(7) - This slider isn't in line with the stream leading up to it. Usually, this would be fine, but it's inconsistent with the rest of your map, as this is the
  3. only place where a slider is so far offset from the leading stream. Would recommend lying it up.
  4. 00:28:119(1) - Finish hitsound sounds good at the beginning of the 1 slider. It accents the middle of the section, adds a bang coming after the 1/8 note slider.
  5. 00:38:442(3) - Finish hitsound adds to the consistency here. It would be similar to the previous mod I made.
  6. 01:09:410(1,2) - The 2 slider doesn't align with the previous 1 slider. Would recommend moving the tail of the two slider up so it doesn't touch the 1 slider and is nested correctly.
  7. 01:42:797 - The 9 slider touches the 1 slider that comes next. For consistency reason, I would suggest that you move one of them so they don't touch. No where else in the song (besides the next mod I'm about to make) do two sliders of this length overlap.
  8. 01:44:490 - Same reasoning as previous ^ mod, but with the 1 and 2 sliders.
So ya, these song doesn't look finished yet, so this is all I can get for you. Sorry if it's not alot. Nice song though, hope you do well with it!
Topic Starter
Arcuntus

KillerGecko wrote:

Hi from Gecko's Modding Queue! I playtested the map as best I could, but it's actually above my skill level (play wise, can still mod it.)

Since it's only one difficulty at the moment, I won't bother with a spoiler box:

General:
  1. I suppose you already know this, but just in case, you'll need to have at least one more difficulty (normal/easy) for the mapset. The song isn't long enough to be a marathon map.

Insane:
  2. 00:14:894(7) - This slider isn't in line with the stream leading up to it. Usually, this would be fine, but it's inconsistent with the rest of your map, as this is the
  3. only place where a slider is so far offset from the leading stream. Would recommend lying it up.
  4. 00:28:119(1) - Finish hitsound sounds good at the beginning of the 1 slider. It accents the middle of the section, adds a bang coming after the 1/8 note slider.
  5. 00:38:442(3) - Finish hitsound adds to the consistency here. It would be similar to the previous mod I made.
  6. 01:09:410(1,2) - The 2 slider doesn't align with the previous 1 slider. Would recommend moving the tail of the two slider up so it doesn't touch the 1 slider and is nested correctly.
  7. 01:42:797 - The 9 slider touches the 1 slider that comes next. For consistency reason, I would suggest that you move one of them so they don't touch. No where else in the song (besides the next mod I'm about to make) do two sliders of this length overlap.
  8. 01:44:490 - Same reasoning as previous ^ mod, but with the 1 and 2 sliders.
So ya, these song doesn't look finished yet, so this is all I can get for you. Sorry if it's not alot. Nice song though, hope you do well with it!
Thanks so much for the mod! I actually found all your points valid so all of this will be fixed for the next time I update the song. It's only a WIP at the moment, but I plan on mapping the Hard, Normal and Easy diffs in the future. Again, thanks so much! I'll mod your map asap :)
Sognux
Hello from my modding queue, thanks for your mod hope you like mine <3

00:14:894 (7) - Maybe move this slider so it fits more into the line of the stream? (Might need to change the position of the stream to do that)
00:18:765 (7) - ^
00:51:023 - I had abit of a problem with this stream, was kinda spread out too much maybe move it abit closer together?
01:11:587 (5) - This ntoe may be confusing for some people, especially if you're playing with HD move it abit?
01:24:248 - I'd actually like you to keep going here and not have a break.

Really really really really love this song. Would gladly make a difficult for you unless you're trying to do this as a 1 diff map?
Topic Starter
Arcuntus

Sognux wrote:

Hello from my modding queue, thanks for your mod hope you like mine <3

00:14:894 (7) - Maybe move this slider so it fits more into the line of the stream? (Might need to change the position of the stream to do that)
00:18:765 (7) - ^
00:51:023 - I had abit of a problem with this stream, was kinda spread out too much maybe move it abit closer together?
01:11:587 (5) - This ntoe may be confusing for some people, especially if you're playing with HD move it abit?
01:24:248 - I'd actually like you to keep going here and not have a break.

Really really really really love this song. Would gladly make a difficult for you unless you're trying to do this as a 1 diff map?
Thanks so much for your mod! I've taken everything into consideration, everything will be fixed for next update.

The reason why I left that break there is because when I read osu!'s ranking criteria it said to leave a break every once in a while, however I think I will indeed map that particular area as there are better moments to leave breaks.

It would be awesome if you did a diff! Particularly an easy or normal difficulty as I'm not very good at mapping those. Since I'm aiming this at ranked, I absolutely need to have more difficulties. Please go ahead and send me a PM when you're done so I can take a look at it and implement it into the map!
okdesu_old

sorry i am late! i hope i can help you

suggestion
should fix
must fix

[General]
  1. your rhythm is ok, but arrange can be better. try some cool pattern.
  2. from 01:14:248 (1) - until end, the cursor movement is kinda big and circular but the song feel like it need some fast jump or more action
[Insane]
Rhythm
  1. 01:39:490 - add circle
  2. 01:42:797 - add
  3. 01:46:506 (3,4,5) - re-map
  4. 01:52:635 (3) - pull back to red
Arrange
  1. 00:15:861 (5,6,7) - it's fine but can try normal stream
  2. 00:34:410 (4) - try replace 2 circle
  3. 00:40:216 (8) - ^
  4. 00:39:732 (7,8,9,1,2,3,4,1,2) - replace some slider with circle, better for playing
  5. 01:11:345 (4,5) - move 5. maybe overlap 6
Hitsound
  1. good
if you have time please mod https://osu.ppy.sh/s/200553 thanks!

gl (`・ω・´)シャキーン
KUURAhoshi
Ummm.. Hello Arcuntus...
You're requesting for mod on my queue, but.. I think it's unfinished .. Incomplete diff ?
I won't mod it..

Please send me PM , when you've finish the rest..
Then, i'll mod it.. :)
Gaia
hey from my queue

this is gunna be a pretty general mod.
[Insane]
00:14:248 (2) - blanket this
00:19:732 (3,4,5) - u can space these out to be more than just a line
00:20:861 (1,2,3) - ^
00:22:313 (3) - spacing problem
00:29:410 (5,6,7) - bad flow
00:43:603 (1,2) - doesnt look good, make use of copy/paste
00:45:539 (4) - new combo
00:51:345 (1) - dont have a random jump pls
00:53:281 (6) - nc or sth
01:22:313 (1,2,3,4,5) - etc, space these out more creatively.
01:24:894 (1,3) - they look like the same shape so avoid that
01:28:765 (5,6,7,8) - pretty boring too
01:36:506 (6,7,8,9) - looks really scrumped up

so basically what your map needs is a more creative pattern. I noticed you like going in circles and that's pretty boring . have some flow variation and flow breaks only when applicable and that'll make ur map more attractive and fun to play. you should also check out some ranked maps and look at their patterns

anyways for a 1st map its actually better than the ones i usually see lol
good luck and have fun!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.