forum

Aaah! Keyboard pains!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
well if hes SSing a lot of maps noone else can even FC hes still better, even if other people cant because theyre 'too busy playing dt'
chainpullz

Riince wrote:

well if hes SSing a lot of maps noone else can even FC hes still better, even if other people DON'T because theyre 'too busy playing dt' whatever logic that is.
fixed
Vuelo Eluko

chainpullz wrote:

Riince wrote:

well if hes SSing a lot of maps noone else can even FC hes still better, even if other people DON'T because theyre 'too busy playing dt' whatever logic that is.
fixed
dont really care about what maps people are dting for the easiest pp-to-effort ratio, its a thousand times more impressive to do what rrtyui does.
and i dont believe snowwhite or sayo could contest a lot of the modless scores rrtyui has set.
chainpullz
I mean, they are both valid logical arguments. On the other hand, SnowWhite has many DT fc's on maps where no one else has fc'd it with DT. I don't share this stream/stamina fetish everyone else seems to have and believe the DT scores to be much more impressive (and so does ppv2 coincidentally). Nor do I understand this fetish, thus I don't understand why people consider Rrtyui to be better than either Sayo or SnowWhite.
Vuelo Eluko
getting a DT FC on a scoreboard with 50 HD HR 98%+ or getting a modless SS on a scoreboard with all modless having misses, including some B's and C's and even some EZ, HT, and HT with misses.
Which is more impressive, really?
chainpullz
I'd say the DT fc on a map that less than 10 people have even passed with DT on as opposed to the map where 50 people have passed (albeit most with shitty accuracy). DT enforces a higher physical barrier while still maintaining a high mental barrier. Those nomod maps enforce a high (not as high) physical barrier with a high (unsure how to compare to DT) mental barrier. I find the physical barrier to be much more impressive (until we start talking stamina which I don't care about).
cheezstik

chainpullz wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Yes, I'm sure everyone knows who the better player of the two was. I think he was trying to suggest which best player was still around. And the only other arguably better player than rrtyui other than cookiezi is niko, and even that is debatable.
I'd argue SnowWhite or Sayo to be the best unbanned players at the moment purely based on consistency. Rrtyui might be able to match their scores but it takes him significantly more plays to do so. If you look at their historical section on their profiles you'll see SnowWhite's gets down to ~400, Sayo's ~250, meanwhile rrtyui is sitting around 600. Of course this doesn't give us the best picture of some of their top scores since most of those were achieved with less but it still sets a trend. Sayo is the most consistent of the three and SnowWhite is the highest ranked. Meanwhile Rrtyui is the lowest ranked and the least consistent yet he seems to be the go-to after cookiezi for most players for some reason...
Rank doesn't really doesn't compare them that much considering how inactive they are, and rrtyui is the most inactive of the three. Rrtyui has some of the best ss's in the game, distorted lovesong, and big black. Not to mention one out of three fcs on freedom dive, something sayonara and snowwhite haven't even come close to.

Sure, you can argue that he spent a lot more tries on it, I'm sure at their level of play, they've invested a lot of time into the game in general, rrtyui just spends it on specific maps instead of going for pp.
Topic Starter
22percentmrekk
deleted
jesse1412

Skiddly wrote:

I have enjoyed listening to this debate, but could we please get back on topic! Keyboards! Red switches! £60 with UK shipping included in the price! Deary Deary me...
You got EXACTLY what you wanted, what more are you looking for buddy?

Also back on new topic:

sayo can't even be considered here, he can only DT, he's not one of "those" players. So far there have been three of "those" players and of the 3 one is banned and one is grossly inactive. Of "them" snowwhite is probably the least rounded, he doesn't have as many nomod scores as the other 2 (things like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/306683?m=0 and https://osu.ppy.sh/b/129891?m=0 ). They all seem to be rather balanced in the DT department from what we've seen, 2 of them have FC'ed Hoshizora no Ima which is one of the pinnacle maps of this year. To add to that before people claim snowwhite has the better score and hence is better, take the time to appreciate rrt's FC on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/87509 which essentially proves that they're roughly equal in the DT department. If anything, the banned player has the least impressive DT scores to his name but to say he can't keep up would be insane. People said he would never FC freedom dive and after a week of playing he 1x100'd it. The banned player OWNED nomod and still does, he's on a different level at it and he has no intention of losing that title right now. None of the three seem to falter when they put their mind to it but whilst all three were competing together there was a clear dominator.

All other players are irrelevant (arguably not niko but that's a different story). These 3 players are the most consistent players in the game so it's stupid to argue that one is inconsistent for trying maps out of his comfort level (the only other competitor for consistency is possibly wubwoofwolf).
FlyingKebab
Sorry for asking but who was Niko?
Synpoo
that one guy who almost fc'd https://osu.ppy.sh/s/40344
Vuelo Eluko

jesus1412 wrote:

it's stupid to argue that one is inconsistent for trying maps out of his comfort level.
perfect
Topic Starter
22percentmrekk
deleted
Synpoo
he did iirc
jesse1412

Skiddly wrote:

Does anyone have any keyboards that they personally use and would RECOMMEND?
Also, didn't Cookiezi FC the Atama no Taisou? (Please correct me if I am wrong in saying this)
Meka series keyboards (meka G1 and meka G unit are both good but the G-unit's extra keys are NOT good at all, they're slow and don't always respond). The rapid quickfire is good too but it's a little too compact for my liking. These Kb's are all cheap and I own them all. Meka g-1 was probably my favorite of the 3 AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A PS/2 PORT. If you don't have the port then go for the g-unit to make sure you can keep the N-key ro.
nrl
N-key ro doesn't matter for osu! standard.
cheezstik

Narrill wrote:

I honestly can't think of any game where you need to press more than 4-5 keys max at the same time, other than mania.
nrl
Neither can I off the top of my head.
Karuta-_old_1

cheezstik wrote:

Narrill wrote:

I honestly can't think of any game where you need to press more than 4-5 keys max at the same time, other than mania.
Japanese fighting games, you end up pressing more than 5 because you pull off the combos very quickly
nrl
Okay, but I don't think 5 is the maximum. How many unique buttons does a fighting game use?