forum

Is this possible with a mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dustinandband
Is it possible to do a map like this - a map with a lot of jumps and little (or almost no) time in-between jumps - with a mouse?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d070hzm5TfQ

The pen is much lighter than a mouse, but my main goal is to get to this difficulty with a mouse so that can translate easily to aiming better in fps games (I want to get to the point of being aimbot-like, except with skill, in all fps games).
Zare
Current #1 on Airman is a mouse player.
Same with Freedom Dive.
Does that answer your question?
cheezstik

dustinandband wrote:

Is it possible to do a map like this - a map with a lot of jumps and little (or almost no) time in-between jumps - with a mouse?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d070hzm5TfQ

The pen is much lighter than a mouse, but my main goal is to get to this difficulty with a mouse so that can translate easily to aiming better in fps games (I want to get to the point of being aimbot-like, except with skill, in all fps games).
Well, anything that is currently possible with tablet is possible with mouse, some would argue that tablet has a better learning curve though.

If you want to improve your mouse skill and transfer it over to other games, then obviously play mouse, not tablet. Back when I played mouse, I noticed a massive improvement in my last hitting and skillshots in league of legends after getting better at osu. Also noticed a decent improvement in cs go, but I'm still shit at that overall. I haven't improved much more since I switched to tablet.

Osu gives skills that will transfer to other games no matter what you are using though. Reflexes, timing, and overall accuracy are still improved.
GoldenWolf

Zare wrote:

Current #1 on Airman is a mouse player.
Same with Freedom Dive.
Does that answer your question?
Vuelo Eluko
rainbow dash is a lot harder than airman
freedom dive isnt really comparable because its a totally different type of map
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

Still though, like 5 people have ever fced airman, pretty damn impressive, even though the hr fc of it that was done on tablet was way more impressive.

But yeah, feedom dive on mouse or tablet doesn't make much difference, I'd be more worried about the keyboard type for that song.
Zare

cheezstik wrote:

But yeah, feedom dive on mouse or tablet doesn't make much difference
orly
tell me more.
cheezstik

Zare wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

But yeah, feedom dive on mouse or tablet doesn't make much difference
orly
tell me more.
Oh pls m8, you know what I mean. Freedom dive isn't known for being a l33t jump / aim map like airman is.
Zare

cheezstik wrote:

Freedom dive isn't known for being a l33t jump / aim map like airman is.
orly
tell me more.
cheezstik

Zare wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Freedom dive isn't known for being a l33t jump / aim map like airman is.
orly
tell me more.
Sure the streams are spaced as fk, but I think it's the speed / accuracy / stamina that really makes that map, otherwise only 3 people would have a dt fc on A*Teens Gimme as well.
GoldenWolf
I know enough people that could pass FD FD stamina-wise but can't aim the streams to know aim (and reading, because ar9 at 222bpm seems to be kinda hard) is a big enough aspect of this map to consider it in the "aim intensive" category

Gimme Gimme is a short map and has few streams in comparison of FDFD btw
cheezstik

GoldenWolf wrote:

I know enough people that could pass FD FD stamina-wise but can't aim the streams to know aim (and reading, because ar9 at 222bpm seems to be kinda hard) is a big enough aspect of this map to consider it in the "aim intensive" category

Gimme Gimme is a short map and has few streams in comparison of FDFD btw

Yeah ofc it's aim intensive, it's 7 stars. Just saying it's harder on the left hand than it is on the right hand. Gimme Gimme has pretty similar streams, but has so many more fc's cos of it's length and cos it has much less streams = don't need as much stamina or consistency.
TakuMii

cheezstik wrote:

Just saying it's harder on the left hand than it is on the right hand.
Hi, I aim with the left hand
B1rd
It doesn't seem that aim intensive to me. Sure 222bpm at ar9 is hard, but for the top players, not really. I think the biggest difficulty is keeping your hands synced properly. Spaced streams require you to have great streaming accuracy and your cursor synced perfectly to your tapping, otherwise you'll miss the notes in the stream. This along with the speed, stamina and consistency requirements is the reason it's so hard to FC.
Noobsicle
i can see at least 3 mouse players in the top 50 scoreboard

YayMii wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Just saying it's harder on the left hand than it is on the right hand.
Hi, I aim with the left hand
inb4 fullscreen ar10shitstormmaps
Zare

B1rd wrote:

It doesn't seem that aim intensive to me. Sure 222bpm at ar9 is hard, but for the top players, not really. I think the biggest difficulty is keeping your hands synced properly. Spaced streams require you to have great streaming accuracy and your cursor synced perfectly to your tapping, otherwise you'll miss the notes in the stream. This along with the speed, stamina and consistency requirements is the reason it's so hard to FC.

cheezstik wrote:

Yeah ofc it's aim intensive, it's 7 stars. Just saying it's harder on the left hand than it is on the right hand. Gimme Gimme has pretty similar streams, but has so many more fc's cos of it's length and cos it has much less streams = don't need as much stamina or consistency.
You do realize that there's exactly 5 HT full combos on FD? (+ 3 HTEZ FCs, but that kinda takes the aim aspect away so yeah)
I Give Up

Riince wrote:

FD4D is very comparable. The thing is littered with spaced streams that require a considerable degree of precise mouse gliding. There is also that disastrous jump section towards the end known for murdering full combos.
B1rd
what's your point about the HT FCs?
FlyingKebab
Spaced streams are gay, but when you manage to hit them with 300's then you think that they are the best thing ever.
Zare

B1rd wrote:

what's your point about the HT FCs?
are you for real

my point is, that even on 167 BPM, only a few people managed to FC the map so far, and that's most definitely NOT because people lack the speed or stamina for that.
B1rd
Yes I was 'for real'

although the reason that there's not too many HT FCs is probably because not many people could be bothered doing something so boring, your point backs up mine.
Marcin
Ok, ok.... ok. You got the answer i guess.