posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko

buny wrote:

spin before the spinner comes up?
exactly
GoldenWolf
Even so it doesn't work; it will always takes a little bit of time to build up the spin speed when the spinner starts
NixXSkate

Riince wrote:

buny wrote:

exactly
No, not exactly. It would take you just as long to hit 477.
Spinners don't follow your cursor exactly, you have to let it build momentum. SPM =/= RPM
Vuelo Eluko
peppy please
B1rd

cytusmusic wrote:

Auto only gets 73900...

it's because it takes a while for auto to accelerate to full speed.
silmarilen
ITT: explain why auto doesnt get the 477 average spin
nrl
Yeah, auto doesn't spin 477 right off.
cytusmusic

cytusmusic wrote:

Auto only gets 73900...

Yeah dude, auto doesn't spin 477 right off the bat.

ot: I wonder what score this would get...
Topic Starter
Ash Marley
Updated the scores. They're now accurate.

I didn't know that spinning revs up at the start regardless of how fast you are going. So I had to find specifically how long it takes to get to that point (firstly recording the auto replay at >|.5x playback, then slowing even further in Sony Vegas to find at what point the cap is reached - then based on total spins + bonus points etc with some calculations). I calculated this again through the score and added the true spin average.
nrl
Yeah man, the spinner needs time to rev up. That's why auto doesn't spin a constant 477.
buny

NixXSkate wrote:

No, not exactly. It would take you just as long to hit 477.
Spinners don't follow your cursor exactly, you have to let it build momentum. SPM =/= RPM
that sucks
Topic Starter
Ash Marley

GoldenWolf wrote:

I don't really get the utility of this though, since we already have a tool that tells us your peak and average spin speed ingame...
The in-game feature isn't accurate because of the split second rev up:

Vuelo Eluko
okay but that split second rev up isnt going to change on any map anyway, theres no point in playing this map and seeing "yeah! i average 450 spins per minute!" with the score calculation when its always going to be less in a real world scenario, where rev up is counted.
GoldenWolf

Ash Marley wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

I don't really get the utility of this though, since we already have a tool that tells us your peak and average spin speed ingame...
The in-game feature isn't accurate because of the split second rev up:

What if I tell you it's actually accurate
Vuelo Eluko
this map is more accurate if you want to practice spinning on osu spinners for a game that has a similar mechanic with no rev up. but for osu itself, not really.
Syphist
I got 288 spm. Although if I get going I probably get around 300 or so.
Topic Starter
Ash Marley
The use for this is out of pure curiosity. Bumped for anyone else who wants to try it.
B1rd

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

buny wrote:

exactly
Even if you spun beforehand, it'd still take you as long as auto to build up to 477spm
Roxy Lalonde
Auto actually is able to spin 477 right away... if you use the skin preview menu. (it plays a sample map using selected skin)
I Give Up
Only 1 map I tied with lncognito other time just slightly slower by 100-1k point he is robot fast.
Topic Starter
Ash Marley
I'm interested to see what Incognito or other top spinners could get on this map. Do any of you know some people willing to test it?
abraker
Infevo
throwing in a useless fun fact:
a ctl 480 having 133pps is capable of doing 2660 spins per minute when every full spin is made of 3 dots around the center.

give me 2660spm spunout pls.
ZenithPhantasm
CTL-480 has 200 RPS. Your information is incorrect.
Infevo

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

CTL-480 has 200 RPS. Your information is incorrect.
i have 133 on my ctl 480.
town
Found out that spinning anticlockwise works better for me but feels really weird
npfetra
i got 448 spm lul, now my hand hurts