forum

No pp for a score improvement?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dinopwn
I FC'd Hoshizora no Ima with HD today, only to realize I've gained no pp.
I used to have a FC on Hoshizora no Ima with the same accuracy, but just without HD. I can confirm that the HD score is higher than the nomod score.
It has registered on my profile, and I remember it was 164pp, now it is 180pp.
Aria Kanzaki
try updating your pp by playing an easy song
Topic Starter
dinopwn
I already did, I've updated another score with HD
winber1
why do you care so much

it might be possible the site hasn't not updated yet. some times it seems that the site doesn't always update completely real time, but maybe I just had weird circumstances. Either way, wait like a day, and if it hasn't updated, probably means you didn't get any pp to begin with or you forgot how much pp you got.

you're much better off obtaining a completely new score than to improve old ones if you are looking to get pp
Topic Starter
dinopwn
I've got a new score and it updated, but the old score just didn't update.
Gumpy
Unless it won't update in like a day or so I see no reason to make a thread about it.
nrl
It's your second best rank. Relax.
Bauxe
You gained PP. But even so, who cares?
Synpoo
the game is all about pp

thank you based HD+DT
buny
Your whole performance list is full of 180-160 pp

Getting another score in that range only pushes your other scores down - meaning those scores are weighed less and you get an insanely small gain in overall pp.
Topic Starter
dinopwn

buny wrote:

Getting another score in that range only pushes your other scores down - meaning those scores are weighed less and you get an insanely small gain in overall pp.
Then imagine I never got the score.
If I get a new score of 164pp, will I get the same pp if i get 180pp on that score?
If I can get a moderator to recalculate my pp, that would be nice.
Vuelo Eluko
looks like tom finally realized hidden is a difficulty decreasing mod and you lost pp for replacing a superior nomod score with hidden
sorry m8
nrl
HD isn't a difficulty decreasing mod :|
Topic Starter
dinopwn

Riince wrote:

looks like tom finally realized hidden is a difficulty decreasing mod and you lost pp for replacing a superior nomod score with hidden
sorry m8
But my pp for that song went up... and the accuracy was the same too
Illkryn
Your pp went up you just didn't notice
Topic Starter
dinopwn

Illkryn wrote:

But I can confirm that my ranking went down like 24 or something... and it's supposed to let my ranking go up by a ton...
buny

dinopwn wrote:

buny wrote:

Then imagine I never got the score.
If I get a new score of 164pp, will I get the same pp if i get 180pp on that score?
If I can get a moderator to recalculate my pp, that would be nice.

dinopwn wrote:

Illkryn wrote:

But I can confirm that my ranking went down like 24 or something... and it's supposed to let my ranking go up by a ton...
Shows how blatantly oblivious you are to the pp system - or any ranking system.
Your title states you didn't gain pp, yet you don't deny that you aren't even sure about it.

Do you know how rankings work? You aren't the only one that is on the ranking board and by your logic nobody will lose ranks if they always gain ranks when they gain pp.
Topic Starter
dinopwn
Just happend again. My pp went up this time though, my rank did not
Noobsicle
probably because other people are ranking up too
Bauxe

dinopwn wrote:

Just happend again. My pp went up this time though, my rank did not
Hard to believe. You aren't the only one playing this game!
Topic Starter
dinopwn
My pp was updated 1 hour before that play, and also I have checked people had less pp than I did while being higher in rankings.
show more