forum

Question about offset wizard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nivek
I'm quite confused now.
Should I align two ticks in offset wizard or hitsound by auto with tick in edit mode?
I found I get quite different answer in these two situation.

By the way, any clear and low-latency hitsounds recommended?
Gumpy
Use the offset that fits the beat so it's as accurated as possible, but if you don't understand it just use the default.
Topic Starter
Nivek

Gumpyyy wrote:

Use the offset that fits the beat so it's as accurated as possible, but if you don't understand it just use the default.
um...that doesn't answer my question. I was asking "where" should I fit my offset.
Noobsicle
t/189843 has clear hitsounds

not sure about what you're asking though, you should look at other maps in edit mode and learn from them
Oinari-sama
When you hear the beep, the moving bar is supposed to align with the centreline.

Current wizard is not very user friendly and there's been suggestions on possible improvements. Check out t/115695 if you want to know more.
Topic Starter
Nivek

Oinari-sama wrote:

When you hear the beep, the moving bar is supposed to align with the centreline.

Current wizard is not very user friendly and there's been suggestions on possible improvements. Check out t/115695 if you want to know more.
However, I found this offset lies in a range, indistinguishable between -6 and -11. (maybe I need better equipment or better ears LOL)
If I resort to match hitsound with click, I get about -12. (error within +-1, I think)

Which one should I adopt?
And if second one is better, different latency in different hitsound seems to make huge difference?
Oinari-sama
Use the value you get when clicking (if that's how you usually play). -12 in this case and work from there.
Dexus
http://de-x.us/offset/

... yes there's no index file. hurr.
Topic Starter
Nivek

Dexus wrote:

http://de-x.us/offset/

... yes there's no index file. hurr.
This make the difference much more audible.
Interesting.... I get about -6 here.

EDIT: I still have a indistinguishable band, smaller though.
Why don't we approach from negative infinity?
Dexus
It will never be perfect.