forum

[resolved] How do you download osu! onto a USB flashdrive?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
totallyotaku162
Problem Details:
I'd like to be able to download osu! onto my flash drive, but I really don't know how. I've read a couple other forums on how to do this, but they haven't really given specific instruction; only that it is supposedly possible.
I want to be able to play osu! on any computer, such as a public library computer or school computer without leaving a huge file or anything behind. Basically a portable osu! game.
If you could give me step-by-step instructions, that'd be really helpful. I have an 8 GB USB. :D

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Shirayuki
Just download osu! to your computer, install it, then move the entire osu! folder to your USB, then test it by running osu!.exe from that folder.

Note that if the computer you want to play on does not have .NET 3.5 and/or .NET 4.0 then you won't be able to play osu! on it.
R3DxFOX

Shirayuki wrote:

Just download osu! to your computer, install it, then move the entire osu! folder to your USB, then test it by running osu!.exe from that folder.

Note that if the computer you want to play on does not have .NET 3.5 and/or .NET 4.0 then you won't be able to play osu! on it.
Yes, also make sure that the usb is formatted to a FAT format (FAT-32/exFAT). This will enable the usb to function on most computers.
xLolicore-
Just copy and paste that whole osu! folder in your USB.
-Izanami-
I'm not much of a computer guy. Can you tell me how you find the osu! folder on your computer?
pewdekz
Right click on your osu! on the desktop and go open file location 8-)
Dntm8kmeeatu

Knife2MeatU wrote:

I'm not much of a computer guy. Can you tell me how you find the osu! folder on your computer?
Next time please just make a new thread instead of bumping a 2 year old resolved one ;-;
-WaitWut-

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Knife2MeatU wrote:

Next time please just make a new thread instead of bumping a 2 year old resolved one ;-;
but why:O reviving an old one is fun
Sandy Hoey

forum rules wrote:

Bumping threads without content in the bump post is forbidden. Such foul necromantic acts may come with harsh punishment if done repeatedly.
And if you do it enough, you get silenced and the thread will be locked anyways