forum

2014 Fall Season

posted
Total Posts
show more
Justykanna
Might give Madan no Ou to Vanadis a try. Aside that and Log Horizon, nothing else looks appealing to me... unless I hear stupidly good things about something that I leave off for this season like Aldnoah Zero did last season for me. Lol.
blissfulyoshi

Justykanna wrote:

Might give Madan no Ou to Vanadis a try. Aside that and Log Horizon, nothing else looks appealing to me... unless I hear stupidly good things about something that I leave off for this season like Aldnoah Zero did last season for me. Lol.
I really wish I could guess how much I should trust Satelight. There are shows I loved from them, and then there are horrible shows from them. Adding to the problem, Madan no Ou to Vanadis has a lot of war theory and tactics which don't really translate well to an anime. As much as I love to watch Taiga shooting down dragons and black knights, I don't have faith in a decent execution right now.
Justykanna

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I really wish I could guess how much I should trust Satelight. There are shows I loved from them, and then there are horrible shows from them.
There's always gonna be hit or misses with each producing studio. I know zero things about studios and the anime they produce so maybe it's a good thing I don't have that 'bias'.

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Adding to the problem, Madan no Ou to Vanadis has a lot of war theory and tactics which don't really translate well to an anime. As much as I love to watch Taiga shooting down dragons and black knights, I don't have faith in a decent execution right now.
Worst case scenario, I watch it, don't like it, and drop it, lol.
I just kinda quickly scrolled through the anime list for Fall and looked for anything action oriented. Points if it's flashy and looks pretty. =D
PatZar
woooo Kill La Kill Ova

is it has season 2 ?
Kyonko Hizara

Genocide wrote:

woooo Kill La Kill Ova

is it has season 2 ?
The OVA technically counts as the 25th episode
[ yogurt ]
will try
Akatsuki no Yona
Danna ga Nani wo Itteru ka Wakaranai Ken if someone actually subs it
Denki-Gai no Honya-san
Donten ni Warau
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Garo: Honoo no Kokuin
Gugure! Kokkuri-san
Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle
Madan no Ou to Vanadis
Nanatsu no Taizai
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.
Terra Formars
Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Mahoutsukai
World Trigger
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

Yeah that's a big list for you. Not for me.
domSaur
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.

because why not :s
Kyonko Hizara
There is a lot less this season that I am watching than last. The only ones I have planned to watch are Fate, Psycho Pass 2, and Mushishi 2. In terms of OVAs, I'm gonna watch the ones for Strike Witches, Tales of Zestiria and Yuru Yuri.
blissfulyoshi
Terra Formars: Yay, the best way to start off a new season, a ridiculously low budget action series about fighting cockroaches on Mars.... Dropped.
Navizel
Terra Formars - Sequel of Tokyo Ghoul. Basically, censor filled adaptation. Awful.
Mogsy
Terra Formars - I watched this despite reading the first volume of the comic and dropping it then and there, and I hate to say it, but I'm dropping this after a single episode. Muted, gray colour palette and low-budget animation combined with atrocious pacing accompany this adaptation of a horribly racist/misogynistic source material.
Rise_old_1
Log Hoizon S2 Looking forward to this, only anime about getting stuck in a game that hasn't actually forgotten it's inside a game.
Navizel

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Please do not add colours for the names of the anime until you have watched the first episode
VShine
Terra Formars This censorship is so ... T_T

I looking forward to Parasyte and Nanatsu no Taizai
blissfulyoshi
Karen Senki: You mean there is yet another low budget action series this season? But wait, this time we have a female mc, robot blood with no censorship, and more slow downs than I can count. Ummmmmm... nope.
KinkiN
Amagi Brilliant Park : OP Art, nice plot ( actual plot )

other than that, i think almost every romcom and F/UBW
Navizel
Karen Senki - CG art is cool and all but the execution is so bad. Looks so rushed too. Dropped.
Kyonko Hizara

Yuzuru wrote:

Amagi Brilliant Park : OP Art, nice plot ( actual plot )

other than that, i think almost every romcom and F/UBW

deadbeat wrote:

• Please use green text for anime you liked, blue for Neutral and red disliked
YTYuyu
Grisaia no Kajitsu is something i'm hyped about, though the only thing i'm concerned is the routes and how they'll adapt to the anime version of it, as well as Yowamushi Pedal S2--last season's ending got me so hyped knowing that a 2nd season is gonna air ><
Shurelia
I hope Grisaia didn't end like Majikoi. . .

Expecting great things from it.
Taadashi
Fate/Stay Night hype! :)
[ yogurt ]
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken - Funny short. Definite pickup. I get Seki-kun vibes from it.

Denki-gai no Honya-san - Good character interactions, funny, cute. I like it. Sensei-chan best girl.

Fate/Stay Night UBW - YES. 40 (FORTY) minutes long episodes? Thank you Ufotable. First episode was very climatic, doesn't feel rushed at all and THAT BATTLE. Definitely the show to watch this season if someone somehow didn't know.

Karen Senki - CG with Max Payne and stupid robots. No thanks.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - High fantasy with a competent lookin MC. It's LN adaptation so I hope they won't rush it too much but I've already heard they cut off much of Tigre's and Elen's interactions.

Terra Formars - Whole minute of white screen in the first episode. Didn't even bother to watch the second one. I'll wait for BDs.

Still waiting for Garo Honoo no Kokuin subs. I hope there will be any.
Jindujun93

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Fate/Stay Night UBW - YES. 40 (FORTY) minutes long episodes? Thank you Ufotable. First episode was very climatic, doesn't feel rushed at all and THAT BATTLE. Definitely the show to watch this season if someone somehow didn't know.
From what I've gathered it's only episode 0 that's going to be that long, though.

F/SN UBW was decent so far, though. Not judging it yet, though it definitely does things better than the Deen version, obviously.
[ yogurt ]

Jindujun93 wrote:

From what I've gathered it's only episode 0 that's going to be that long, though.
Duh. That can't be helped I guess.
piruchan
Denki-gai no Honya-san - I get a Lucky Star vibe from this, and Lucky Star is funny. There's something missing tough. Have to see second episode before making a decision. Have a potential to be a good watch for a laugh.

Selector Spread WIXOSS - There's no difference from the first season from visual point of view. Background still looks like it's drawn by pencil. I'd say the story is the only thing worth watching from this show. And I'm not disappointed. The first episode manages to give a good insight on what to expect for the rest of the season without spoiling anything major. If you like the first season, this is a must watch.

Should I try Madan no Ou to Vanadis? A quick google image search tells me it's your typical ecchi harem show, but some say that it's actually good.
Mogsy
Tribe Cool Crew - It's weird kid's fare! A bit too geared towards that audience for my personal taste, but it stands out and is intriguing. Hell, I'd watch it if I were 8 right now. But I'm not 8, so this is as far as I go. Not a bad 20 minutes!

Denki-gai no Honya-san - This is boring. Only one or two jokes land throughout the whole thing and it's genuinely not interesting. Pass.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Surprisingly passable! It's so far pretty standard fantasy politics with enough potential intrigue to keep me interested despite all of the focus on breastplate armor. It's pretty genuine about its story, taking itself seriously, and despite having those moments that focus on the fanservice, they never feel victimizing. It's still a standard world-building episode with some decent animation outside of that horse CG, but I'm intrigued. Let's keep this ball rolling.
Foxtrot
Fate/Stay Night UBW - YO
Navizel
Denki-gai no Honya-san - not sure how to feel about this one. Just going to wait for ep 2 before deciding what to do with this anime.

Log Horizon S2 - YES YES YES YES YES. I like the new animation. It looks better. this looks like sao except it is not shitty
piruchan
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - Being a VN adaptation, it has some harem vibe to it. But that's not the main focus. The ending of the 1st episode got me. Definitely going to follow this. Another reason is because Andrea has a map with background from the VN
DakeDekaane
noob reviewer here.

Terra Formars: Poop, though I was looking forward this, the hard censorship made me not enjoy this properly so I'm being neutral on this one.
Denki-gai no Honya-san: idk if this is a different humor, but didn't get the comedy feeling it should have, got me to smile tho, worth of give it a try.
Karen Senki: Cool art, cool effects, cool thematic, but that's it, plot is non existent as well as herp-derp robots, uguu.
Log Horizon 2: I only need to refresh my memory a bit to keep the sequence in my head, art looks a bit different from S1, but nothing that crush the development in the story.
Fate/Stay Night: I have no words to describe how good is this. ufotable is making a good work so far (as expected).
Mogsy
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works - This is how you do an adaptation of a visual novel, damn. Cut down on the Nasu-speak, Rin is extremely likable in spite of her flaws, and the extended episode length is compelling. This works best as a sequel to Fate/Zero rather than a fresh jumping-on point for franchise newbies, but damn, this was great. Gorgeous to look at and really well-paced. Damn, just, damn.

Cross Ange - I was mildly tolerating it as a very Code-Geass-y show until the end. With a physical framed as an anal rape scene the audience is supposed to be turned on by due to the camera lingering on her body. There's something neat in this show, but it's got a mean-spirited streak going already and I'm not optimistic.
Kaona
Fate/Stay Night UBW - I WAS NOT DISAPPPOINTED AT ALL.
Mogsy
Grisaia no Kaijitsu - That was awkward. The show ended up going into self-parody so often while still begging for you to take its setup seriously and flashing every girl's panties into your face. There's potential for something intriguing here, but it needs to really overcome a clunky debut episode.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis - Pure fun. This was gorgeous to look at for the most part, as well as feeling like it was paced in a standard film three-act structure. There wasn't a whole lot of exposition for the world setup, so we are left in the dark still on that, but there are plenty of details to infer the surroundings off of. Our main character is kind of a douche but he's still fun to watch. The action scenes were nice to look at and choreographed wonderfully. So, definitely holding onto this for nice-looking fantasy fun. Not bad for a digital card game adaptation.

Sora no Method - Pretty great direction here all around, though it was a bit too roundabout when the meat of the story is revealed by the end of the episode. It's a bit of a generic setup at this point, but I'm holding onto this because it has some major promise, hinting at more ambitious nuance than what the synopsis might say. It also helps that it's both really pretty and really cute.
Navizel
Grisaia no Kajitsu - What have they done. So irritated by the route spoilers at the end of the episode. Art seems kind of off as well. First looked so bland.
Kyonko Hizara
Fate/Stay Night UBW: It's fucking Fate
BeatofIke

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Fate/Stay Night UBW: It's fucking Fate
Hell yeah! 8-)
Armaggedon25
F/SN: UBW - ohmygodyesyesyesyes. I'm really loving the art direction on this, and the animation (THAT FIGHT SCENE) is gorgeous to look at.

Log Horizon 2 - Just as enjoyable as the first season, nothing much else to say.

The only other show I've got on my list this season is Chaika S2, which isn't for a few days.

EDIT: Ah, I forgot, I might also pick up SHIROBAKO too. What I've seen from PA works hasn't disappointed me yet, and cmon, it's an anime about anime. So meta.
Kyonko Hizara
All these likes on Fate.

The list should be completely updated as of now, but please post if you have been missed up to now!
Navizel
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken - Sadly, it didn't make me laugh because they delivered it poorly. Instead, I felt bad for the girl because of his worthless husband. Probably the length of the show made it boring too.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san - Kohina is so adorable and lovely. If Barakamon is great, this one is just good-tier. Not saying it's bad though.
Rio-
Log Horizon 2 - idk but I still love the old art from Season 1, but imo It's as good as or slighty better than Season 1

Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works - as expected. Nothing much else to say.

Grisaia no Kajitsu - First Episode wasn't that good imo. I'm pretty disappointed about the route spoilers in the end, but at least the story is fine.
show more