Nakagawa-Kanon
cool jump carrot!
Topic Starter
Sure
Thank you, RIKA and dksslqj :D
sesito71
Hi~

[Lissete's Hard]

01:03:530 (6,8) - Move these notes under (2) and (4)

Nice map, have a star! *
Lissette

sesito71 wrote:

[Lissete's Hard]

01:03:530 (6,8) - Move these notes under (2) and (4)
fixed.... grax sesito, si que estaba medio feo eso :p

here is it ykcarrot ^^

Download: Horie Yui - I my me (ykcarrot) [Lissette's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Sure
Updated!
sesito71
sorry, I forgot to give you the star :oops:
MaxwellDemon
[Easy]

Nothing special to note. :3

[Lisette's Hard]

00:42:436 (1,2,3) - Gaah, these kind of sliders keep tripping me up... but I think that's because I am such a sucky player.
03:00:014 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1) - So suitable, yet so... gaaaaaah. XD XD (no, this is not a complaint, I am just raging at my own playing skills :P)

[Insane]

Nothing special to note here either. XD XD

By the way, what is that null.png for? :P

Generally, I like this mapset a whole lot. What I noted with Lisette's is just what bothers me, but I am aware that it is probably just because I am not a very good player. So, don't mind those too much. XD

Anyhow, a star for now, but I am definitely ready to return with a bubble once I figure out what that null.png is for. XD
Topic Starter
Sure

MaxwellDemon wrote:

For watching video until end. We can see skip button in the old days, but I don't know why it doesn't appear in latest ver. of osu.

Lissette will answer soon.
YGOkid8

ykcarrot wrote:

MaxwellDemon wrote:

For watching video until end. We can see skip button in the old days, but I don't know why it doesn't appear in latest ver. of osu.

Lissette will answer soon.
really? I can still see skip button... but sometimes it just disappears :(
Lissette

MaxwellDemon wrote:

[Lisette's Hard]

00:42:436 (1,2,3) - Gaah, these kind of sliders keep tripping me up... but I think that's because I am such a sucky player.
03:00:014 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1) - So suitable, yet so... gaaaaaah. XD XD (no, this is not a complaint, I am just raging at my own playing skills :P)
>< I like those patterns, and I find it playable..... so I guess I wont change ^^

thnx for modding!! :)
MaxwellDemon
No worries, in this case... bubbled!
Topic Starter
Sure
Thanks a lot, MD! ^_^
Lizbeth
aww is already bubbled gratz, hope is ranked soon, i really like this map...
Topic Starter
Sure
Gracias Liz~ :)
KRZY
There is something about ykcarrot's jumps that makes you want to play the map over and over again.

Star!
Larto
Lissette:
02:56:499 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - These spacing changes look and feel horribly random. I asked people in #modHelp and they agreed. Sorry. Change this please.
Lissette

Larto wrote:

Lissette:
02:56:499 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - These spacing changes look and feel horribly random. I asked people in #modHelp and they agreed. Sorry. Change this please.
well i dont agree with you but.... is changed

Download: Horie Yui - I my me (ykcarrot) [Lissette's Hard].osu
ah19980924
star!!
Larto
k
Topic Starter
Sure
Thanks DJ KRZY, ah19980924 and Larto! :D
WyndII
:)
Yuukari-Banteki
[Easy]
01:09:624 - this is not a valid use of kiai
01:24:650 - ^
01:39:624 - ^ also I would like to remind you that you're only supposed to have one kiai section per minute of song and this is three in 30sec
02:30:249 - ....no
02:45:249 - ^
03:03:999 - ^

03:00:014 (1) - actually can you end the map right here? its too long and that last break is just no and itll save you the agony of killing another 3 illicit fountains.

[Lissette]
00:05:170 (3) - try putting the whistle on the second to last rather than last hit in this version of this pattern
00:42:905 (3) - very ambiguous slider
00:44:780 (3) - ^
01:07:280 (4,1) - no two back to back sliders taking the same period of time but with different visual lengths. its too confusing even with a new combo.
01:24:155 - this is not a valid use of kiai. kiai is for an "epic chorus" that comes back, not for a fountain at convenient points. If you use kiai, please kiai an entire section that is notably more "epic" than other sections of the song. kthnxbai.
01:39:155 - 01:39:624 - 01:40:092 - ^
02:12:904 (4,1) - unrankable for the same reason as 01:07:280 (4,1)
02:14:780 - invalid kiai
02:29:780 - ^
02:44:780 - ^

03:02:827 (2) - delete this note and start the spinner here instead (the sound sounds out of place)
03:03:999 - 03:04:467 - 03:04:936 - ohgawdnoitburnsITBUUURNS
03:16:889 (1,2,3,4) - 1,2,3 doesn't fit stylistically with 4...also illicit kiai warning
03:33:530 - 03:33:999 - 03:34:350 - NO!

[Insane]
00:05:405 (5) - move the whistle to the beginning
00:21:108 (1,2,1,2) - illegal use of bpm change
00:56:499 (1,2,3) - ^ and within the same combo to boot

you know, if you want to just kiai the whole chorus in all diffs instead of this fountain shit itd work a lot better AND be rankable :D
01:37:045 (3) - bpm change within combo
02:22:045 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - i cant tell whether 10 is spacing fail or hiding fail or a combination of both, but it definitely needs to be moved
02:42:670 (3) - bpm change within combo
03:26:733 (10) - like 02:22:045
03:31:420 (3) - bpm change within combo

just a reminder, corrections in bold are unrankable and MUST be changed, everything else you may change if you wish or not if you don't.

This is a really good map aside from all the unrankable stuff :) please fix it quickly
Topic Starter
Sure
No. Please Don't kill our map with immoderate mods.
yaya
NOTHING WRONG .
BG is ugly :lol:
Topic Starter
Sure

yaya wrote:

BG is ugly :lol:
I can't disagree. lol
Yuukari-Banteki
You can say what you want, but deepsea and ztrot both agree with me on the kiai and many of the bpm changes as being unrankable, and if you look into the map design issues section of the FAQ you can see that it clearly states that they are not rankable. If you don't wish for your map to be ranked, that is your perogative, but I think it would be better for you to change a few things that you will barely notice three months from now, than to sit here and refuse to change your map out of some inborn arrogance. Furthermore, if this map is ranked with unrankable kiai or unrankable bpm changes, I will take it to the BAT and argue that it should be unranked. I will most likely win this argument. If you take away the ranking standards, the category of "ranked" means nothing, and I can guarantee you that I won't let that happen to osu! on my watch.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Sure
osu! is rhythm game. You may think 'so what?'
Seeing is not all of the game. I followed vocal in this map. And rule of BPM changing is very very simple.
If you played this map at once and listen song carefully, you will never miss them again.

Yes, using too many kiai time isn't good. But I allowed kiai time with no problems for playing.
It is more better than map what has shitty SKIN.

Anyway feel of playing is more important than immoderate mod.
Furthermore players who gave me stars and BATs who bubbled are not fool.

BTW, I know the mapper who use silly BPM changing. Also I know some ranked maps that have too many kiai foundation.
Try to find them and make them unranked before pop the bubble with absurd reason.
Cyril Scarlet
I my me - (・ω・)
Lissette

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Lissette]
01:07:280 (4,1) - no two back to back sliders taking the same period of time but with different visual lengths. its too confusing even with a new combo. not if you listen to the music while playing
01:24:155 - this is not a valid use of kiai. kiai is for an "epic chorus" that comes back, not for a fountain at convenient points. If you use kiai, please kiai an entire section that is notably more "epic" than other sections of the song. kthnxbai. is already explained in the thread why kiai time is set it this way ^^
01:39:155 - 01:39:624 - 01:40:092 - ^ this is on the breaktime start, so doesn't bother the gameplay
more of the same

02:12:904 (4,1) - unrankable for the same reason as 01:07:280 (4,1)
02:14:780 - invalid kiai
02:29:780 - ^
02:44:780 - ^

03:03:999 - 03:04:467 - 03:04:936 - ohgawdnoitburnsITBUUURNS
03:33:530 - 03:33:999 - 03:34:350 - NO!
thnx for modding
mtmcl
Bubbled.

There's nothing wrong with this map, and if anyone wants to contest that, be my guest. If you depend on hardened rules ONLY, that only proves you are incapable of modding with common sense instead.

SFG: Your mod posts in this map are condescending and, in my opinion, unfit of the Beatmap Approval Team. Perhaps you should reflect on that before modding again.
Yuukari-Banteki
ykcarrot: you can hardly hold me responsible for rule-breaking maps that were ranked while I was on hiatus for college. However if you look at my modding history you can easily see that these are problems I repeatedly point out in many maps and you are not being singled out.

peppy wrote:

Do not overuse kiai time (general rule is one toggle per minute of playable length). Do not use kiai time just for fountains unless you are doing this extremely rarely. Kiai time is meant to accent chorus sections. You can toggle it off and on halfway through the chorus if that looks good, but using it constantly every 4-8 beats is just stupid.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=439

I follow the official ranking criteria and they say this is not rankable. Furthermore it hurts my eyes when I play it.

FAQ wrote:

Sliders change speed without warning
Generally, any slider that is a different bpm from sliders surrounding it, with no musical basis to do so.

To resolve this:

* Make the bpm change part of a consistent, repeated pattern.
* Alternately, remove the bpm change.
http://osu.ppy.sh/?p=faq&n=10&c=4#c4

The mapping FAQ clearly bans the very confusing bpm changes that are found in some difficulties. I find the bpm changes confusing and I am in practice (I have been playing maps from 08-09 offline for breaks in college) and well up to the Hard modes of these maps, so it is not an issue of I suck at osu! either.

@Lissette, 2 things. 1. you are a MAT and you should know well enough to read the official criteria and follow them in your map, I am very very disappointed. 2. whether the kiai is in the break or not it still hurts my eyes when the fountain goes for too long. I don't know why you like to hurt eyes.

@mtmcl, I am even more disappointed in you, most BAT I have talked with, even deepsea, agree that many if not all of the things in bold are hurting the map and should not be ranked, furthermore you should also know the ranking criteria even more so because you are an old BAT and finally because we have discussed our relative styles of modding with each other several times before and you agreed that you would not undermine my attempts to make maps good before they are ranked. I don't know why you've gone back on that all of a sudden, was it my absence? In that case, I am terribly sorry that I stopped modding in order to pass my very difficult classes because it seems that even though I am one of the most well-read and experienced (in terms of total modding) BATs, no one will listen to me anymore.

This map remains popped.
Derekku
When did guidelines change their definition to laws? :|

I see nothing wrong with the "incorrect" spacings and "illegal bpm changes" in [Insane]. I only see completely legit (and fun) spacing along with sliders which fit the vocals that won't break combos due to only being a slider head and end with no ticks or repeats.

In regards to kiai: Again, what happened to the guidelines? I think that a fountain for each 30 seconds of mapping instead of full kiai usage is perfectly acceptable. Some BATs hate it, some love it, but there really needs to be some common ground where everyone agrees instead of blaming the mapper...

EDIT: Also, opinion =/= law.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

I find the bpm changes confusing
You might, but the majority of people that will be playing [Insane] will think otherwise. If 2x/0.5x bpm sections were as bad as you say they are, then they wouldn't have been implemented into osu!. (i.e., they're completely fine)
Yuukari-Banteki
It makes my eyes hurt, that's one good reason. Another is that it goes against the specifically stated sole purpose that peppy implemented kiai time. But if you're going to say "its just stretching the rules a little bit" I'm going to tell you that, even considering 1 kiai fountain per 30 seconds you can look at the timestamps and see that the song actually averages 1 kiai fountain per 10 seconds, 3x as much as would be comprimised between the lenient set and the strict set. That isn't just bending the rules creatively, that's saying "fuck this rule, we don't need it." I'm not going to sit idly by and let mappers choose which guidelines shouldn't even be stated as guidelines anymore, because that's a step towards anarchy.
Derekku
My apologies, I skimmed a bit in regards to kiai. I thought that Lissette's was fixed and that you were complaining about yk's. :X

Three fountains in a row is a bit ridiculous, so I agree with you there, sfg. I know that peppy has said at least a couple of times that multiple fountains in a row is stupid/unrankable, so I won't argue on that note. Without reading back through the topic to see the reason, I'm going to go ahead and say that I think they're unnecessary and really just abuse the purpose of kiai fountains.

Removing two fountains from each of 01:39:155, 03:03:999, 03:33:530 leaves Lissette's diff with nine fountains (three in each chorus), which I think should be acceptable. Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

However, I still disagree with you (sfg) about the inherited sections. >.>;
MaxwellDemon
I will personally follow this up with ykcarrots. I am really, really sorry for the trouble in the thread.
deepsea
I think something is misunderstanded, I do say kiai make my eyes hurt with this note and bg color and this way, yep I hate any shining things. But I think bpm change is fine to me.

BTW, the beginning of insane is hmm, force you open edit before playing this. Not a problem though if you like this. <_<
Yuukari-Banteki
What can I say, I try to honestly help and no one wants it.
Topic Starter
Sure
OK. Maybe we can find middle ground. I won't change whole things what you wrote with bold style.

BTW I'm sorry about my English is poor, so I take too much time to make sentences. Please understand me.
Also this is not personal computer, I can't delay for using this.
I'll show my opinion in another time.
Colin Hou
:twisted: keep moving!
Yuukari-Banteki
you have your bubble, that's all you care about so leave me alone, please.
show more