forum

learn ar10 by improve reading skill?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
I get bored to increase pp by playing at my current level,
So I just push myself by playing something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/s/29691 without mashing
And when I try can't defeat airman it's look slower, it's just look slightly faster then ar 9 and I pass it in my first try this day
My question is am I really being able to read ar10 by improve reading skill or just hurt my reading skill?

Sorry, bad english, I hope you understand
buny
Reading ar10 is part of reading skill...
chainpullz
Practicing ar9 will improve your ability to read ar9.

Practicing ar9.6 will improve your ability to read ar9.6.

Practicing ar10 will improve your ability to read ar10.

So to answer your question, no, playing ar10 won't improve your ability to read ar9. It also won't hurt your ability to read ar9. If you stop playing ar9 for a long time because all you are playing is ar10 then of course you are going to suck at playing ar9 until you practice it again.

With that said, playing HR will improve your aim and accuracy but unless you want to give up playing ar9 entirely you should still practice it as well.
cheezstik

chainpullz wrote:

Practicing ar9 will improve your ability to read ar9.

Practicing ar9.6 will improve your ability to read ar9.6.

Practicing ar10 will improve your ability to read ar10.

So to answer your question, no, playing ar10 won't improve your ability to read ar9. It also won't hurt your ability to read ar9. If you stop playing ar9 for a long time because all you are playing is ar10 then of course you are going to suck at playing ar9 until you practice it again.

With that said, playing HR will improve your aim and accuracy but unless you want to give up playing ar9 entirely you should still practice it as well.
^This is true.

You should go up in increments though, I read ar10 a lot better now after getting used to ar9.6 and ar9.8, and I know ar9.6 was definitely a lot easier for me to read at first than ar10 was.
JMC
I play & practice AR10 for 1-2 years and now I can't read AR9 anymore because AR9 too slow ;w;
and I also not too good with AR10 but I enjoy playing AR10/AR9+HardRock :3
Vuelo Eluko
ar10 makes 9.6 seem slower which can be nice
i mean, i can already competently play ar8+dt ar, but after some ar10 it feels a lot more natural, closer to AR9.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
@bunny
But what about people who say "ar10 hurt reading skill"?
@chainpullz
But I learn ar10 naturally by playing high bpm ar9, how that work?
@cheezstik
Did you farm pp with ar8 dt before you can read ar10 a lot better?
@JMC
I see, maybe I need to learn both equally because I don't want to make ar9 too slow for me
@Riince
So my next pp farm will be ar8 + dt if I practice more ar10?
primrose
Depends on which one do you prefer. You 'hurt' or you 'improve' it.

Learning them (AR9 and AR10) both equally would be good.
cheezstik

Ninonuko wrote:

@cheezstik
Did you farm pp with ar8 dt before you can read ar10 a lot better?
Yes, started at around 18k I think, went to where I am now (13.5k) through dt + ar8. Wrecked my accuracy and my S / A count (I miss very often close to the end of songs) but I got the pp and rank, and in the end that's what mattered. And in terms of forgetting low ar, I practiced low ar a lot after learning ar9, but before learning ar9.6/9.8. If you keep yourself used to low ar maps while learning high AR, you shouldn't forget it. When I say low ar, I mean really low, like 3-7, I'll link some low ar reading practice maps here:

t+pazolite - Luv-Lab-Poison 22ate! (Strong / Lethal)

Hyadain - Chocobo (Black)

Scatman John - Scatman (Insane)

Or alternatively add the mod easy to an insane that isn't too hard. Old maps also work. These maps also improve snapping / patterns which is really important.
otoed1
Mod airman, etc. to an AR like 9.5 ish and then go to 10. this lessens the difference and makes it sort of like a stepping stone. Do this for a bunch of ar 9 and 10 maps. I'm doing this to learn lower AR's personally.(I'm taking ar 9 maps and making them 8.2 bcz i cant read low ar)
GhostFrog
Passing Airman doesn't mean you can read AR10.

That aside, reading is a much more complicated concept than it probably seems and even when dealing with higher approach rates, reaction speed is only part of the equation. It's possible that other aspects of your reading improved and that's made you better able to read certain types of maps or it's possible that this was a temporary effect (like how NFing AR11 maps for a day can make AR10 and below look really slow until you readjust). Keep playing and find out!
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
Edit base ar9 map (+-4,5 star 170-190 bpm) to ar 10, I can pass consistently A (with pc) but I lack of reaction when I play with laptop and get blurry eye after a long time
But I still have these problem : OD and HP (with HR), taping speed and aim speed (base ar10)
chainpullz

Ninonuko wrote:

@chainpullz
But I learn ar10 naturally by playing high bpm ar9, how that work?
You haven't really learned an AR unless you can consistently fc maps with that AR. Having not played AR9 much due to spamming HR/DT I struggle to FC AR9 but depending on the map I can usually put up a 96%+ acc score with misses due to clutter. Thus, despite the high accuracy, I claim I can no longer read ar9 well. You might be able to "play" ar10 after playing high bpm ar9 but you definitely haven't learned AR10 yet if you aren't churning out fc's.

With that said, I'm in the awkward position of still learning ar9.6 and ar10 while my ar9 further deteriorates from lack of practicing it. Maybe in a month I'll finally be able to start churning out FC's with better consistency on HR/DT and thus be able to forget about my deteriorating ar9 reading even being a problem.

Edit: Here's an example where high acc =/= able to read (though not due to the aforementioned clutter problem so much). There are a few places where I miss due to missaim but there are a few places I miss that you can clearly tell I just couldn't read the map. I still came out with 97% accuracy regardless of my inability to read the map.

Litenang
Personally, I just learned to suddenly be able to AR10 one day. I had been practicing AR10 on a lot of maps with no avail, but while you might not see gradual improvement, you are improving. That being said, there was no 9.6, 9.8 ar when I was learning AR10. I encourage you to take those steps first, and if you can't, then map something random yourself or take a hard map and change the AR to 10. (try to start with a relatively fast song because I find ar10 is really difficult with something lower than 180 bpm, just doesn't feel right).
Gumpy
Just do AR8 with HR on.
Blueprint
Learning AR 10 will help you snap better that's about it
cheezstik

Blueprint wrote:

Learning AR 10 will help you snap better that's about it
Not only is snapping really important, but it also helps you play ar10 maps, or HR, which is also pretty important.