forum

rank drop over time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flan
ok, so its not going to make any difference if i find out now but im going on holiday tommorow and im around rank 1390 so how much do you think my rank will drop by in the 9 days im away, just out of interest
anonymous_old
People have passed you. Their rank increases, and thus your rank decreases if they pass you in rank.
Randy96
He was asking how much do you think he will drop in 9 days.
Glass
probably around 70-100
Topic Starter
flan
i guess thats not too much but yeah thats what i was asking
anonymous_old

Randy96 wrote:

He was asking how much do you think he will drop in 9 days.
Mmm, sorry, must have misread...

Don't expect to lose that much rank. I'd estimate around 30 ranks down.

Does it really matter, though? =<
Topic Starter
flan
it was only about 60. but it turns out the holiday was THE best possible thing for my osu! playing because when after nine days away from a computer i tried to play again. i couldnt. my sensetivity was insanely high.

so i turned it from 2.6 down to 1.0 and after about 10 mins practice i was beating my old records...doubleing scores i was proud of before...passing maps i had previously thought impossible.

so i know its completely unrelated to rank drop but if you want to get better just stay away from a computer for a week and let your body...i dunno... recalibrate? unless your sensetivity is already fine then i guess it woulnt help
Remco32

Glasslake wrote:

probably around 70-100
Depends where on the leaderboard you stand.
#1 wouldn't lose that many places that fast, #10000 would tho
Daru

Remco32 wrote:

Glasslake wrote:

probably around 70-100
That said, it's easier to recover ranks at lower ranks.
I stopped playing for a few weeks, recently, and I went down 40 ranks (#60-#100), and I need 1,400,000,000 ranked points to recover the lost ranks, whereas 40 ranks in the #1000 range could probably be recovered with a single song.
Topic Starter
flan

Daru wrote:

40 ranks in the #1000 range could probably be recovered with a single song.
its at least 30 million or so points, so not quite 1 song but not much work
Glass

Remco32 wrote:

Glasslake wrote:

probably around 70-100

flan wrote:

im around rank 1390
my guess wasn't too far away lol
Sup A Noob

flan wrote:

it was only about 60. but it turns out the holiday was THE best possible thing for my osu! playing because when after nine days away from a computer i tried to play again. i couldnt. my sensetivity was insanely high.

so i turned it from 2.6 down to 1.0 and after about 10 mins practice i was beating my old records...doubleing scores i was proud of before...passing maps i had previously thought impossible.

so i know its completely unrelated to rank drop but if you want to get better just stay away from a computer for a week and let your body...i dunno... recalibrate? unless your sensetivity is already fine then i guess it woulnt help
It's true for all games you play actually. You'll return a better player after some time of not playing.

Why, I didn't play a game for a year and when I came back, after some recollection I found that I was better than before.

I might risk a rank drop and take a break if my osu! performance don't increase.